The Zodiac Tour Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board 2007 Zodiackiller.com Task-Force Meeting The Zodiac Tour Previous Next
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 10:32 pm:   

Tom suggested I start this thread to see if there was anyone interested in taking the Z tour the weekend of the taskforce meeting. Considering the meeting is 12-3 on Saturday, March 3rd, and we're probably having Chinese afterwards, the only place we can reasonably visit that afternoon is the Stine site, and so whoever wants to go, let me know (if we have 200 people, that might be a problem, lol).

The rest of the tour (Vallejo, Napa and LB) would have to take place another time, possibly Sunday, March 4th. If there is enough interest, I may be able to do it, but it would likely involve the use of a van at the very least (a fleet of cars won't do). There may be some cost involved if that is the case, since a van (or larger) would have to be rented for the day. At this point, everything is still in the thinking stages, so please, post here and/or e-mail me at edneil@zodiackiller.com to give me some idea of what to expect (or if anyone is even interested), so I can work out the details...

Socal
Username: Socal

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 7:09 am:   

Man, this is a great idea. I wish I could make it up there Ed. I would love to take that tour.

Steve
Username: Steve

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 2:16 pm:   

I'm interested. I've only been to the Stine site. I've never been to the others.

Sunday works for me. I'm tentatively planning a dual-birthday drunkfest* at a nearby sportsbar to take place Saturday night after the taskforce meeting, so I may be appreciably hungover for the Vallejo/Napa/LB tour (lol).

This might be a bit of a stretch, but I have a friend in Redwood City who has a van** - I can get ahold of him and see if we can use it. If so, I can talk him into staying over at my place in SF the night before to make things easier for him (if he's going to be at the party, he may have no choice but to stay over).

I don't think he'd object to driving us around, as long as we put in for gas.

* anyone from the board is cordially invited (provided it is indeed scheduled for that evening).

** actually, it's his mother's van, but I don't think she'd mind. Unless she needs it.

Vscantu
Username: Vscantu

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 3:09 pm:   

Woah, Steve! Don't tell me YOUR birthday is also that Saturday, March 3rd? That would make 3 'Zodiac posters'!

As you may already know, March 3rd is also my birthday (Victor) and another poster who'll be there, Davidmm! Amazingly, March 3rd is ALSO Johno's birthday too, but he may not be able to make it, as he lives in southern Calif.

I'd definitely be interested in the Sunday 'Zodiac tour', as long as it doesn't go past the early afternoon. (Gotta work Monday morning). And yes, I can chip in for gas.

Steve
Username: Steve

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 3:16 pm:   

Actually, mine is on the 5th, but, eh -- close enough.

Ed_neil

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 5:21 pm:   

Tom told me he had gotten many inquiries about a Z tour, and yet, I've gotten no e-mails and just Steve and Victor are the only two who have expressed any interest. It appears no else cares to go... if such is the case, perhaps we can do the tour Saturday afternoon (or better yet, Friday afternoon if you two can, since I'm already taking some others on it then), because I can't afford to take Sunday off of work anyway (I can't afford to take Saturday off either, but it is a very important day in Z history).

If there is more than just you two, we'll see what happens. If not, let's plan for Friday or Saturday afternoon.

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 5:51 pm:   

Ed, this thread hasn't even existed for 24 hours...

Ed_neil

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 7:11 pm:   

I know... but I expected more than just a lukewarm response already, and with only 2 weeks to go...

Vscantu
Username: Vscantu

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 7:21 pm:   

For what it's worth, I think the ideal day is Saturday, before the Taskforce Meeting. That way we will all hopefully have seen "Zodiac" the movie the previous night, so our appetites will be whetted.

And for those of us who live far away, Sunday will most likely be our "travel day".

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 7:31 pm:   

Ed, had you started this thread when I first suggested it, more people would have the opportunity to respond.

Sandy
Username: Sandy

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 8:50 pm:   

Ed ,If Vscantu is staying at my house Friday night, and wants to take the tour Sat. morning. Then I will take the tour again, otherwise been there done that many times. But its very nice of you to offer the tour just the same.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:
Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration