Savage Pastimes Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Zodiac Books » General Zodiac Book Discussion » Savage Pastimes « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

George
Username: George

Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 8:08 pm:   

I remembered Harold Schecter's name from the Z-Mail feature on this site. At the time, Mr. Schecter had asked Tom's permission to refer to this website for a couple of books he was writing.

I don't know how those books came out or if Tom was given deserved credit, but Schecter did write a crime-based book not long ago called Savage Pastimes. The Zodiac, as I recall, is only covered for a page or two but Tom is given all due credit.

I found Savage Pastimes a surprisingly good book, very literate and infused with a heavy dose of wit and humor. It's only tangentially related to the Zodiac but I heartily recommend it.

Greygost
Username: Greygost

Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 1:02 pm:   

Harold's written a series of books about killers, generally with snappy one word titles, like Fiend, Deranged, Deviant, Bestial etc. You get the picture. He's been called "America's Foremost Pop Historian of Serial Murders" by the Boston Book Review. I must admit, I enjoy the heck out of his tales.

Angie
Username: Angie

Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 4:30 pm:   

I finished reading Bestial a couple of months ago, and I found it quite easy to read and very interesting. He's also compiled an Encyclopedia of Serial Killers, which is extensive. It's hard to put down.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration