Corroborating Evidence II ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Zodiac Books » Corroborating Evidence II » Corroborating Evidence II ... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 9:27 pm:   

Here's a link for more information on this new book by author William T. Rasmussen.

Seagull
Username: Seagull

Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 10:21 pm:   

I've read Rasmussen's current book. He made some good comparisons of the Phantom killers letters and of the typewritten Confession Letter received by the Riverside newspaper. Though I tend to think the writer of the confession letter may have copied the Phantom's style if anything.
Rasmussen compares the bus bomb diagram of Nov. 9 to the workings of a sewing machine.
It is always interesting to read someone elses ideas. But I think I will keep coming up with my own.

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 3:21 pm:   

I just got Rasmussen's book a few days back. While I haven't read his entire case, other than some vague similarities (killing on weekends, wearing hoods, having a similar sized shoe), there really doesn't appear to be much in favor of Z being the Phantom of Texarkana. And if we accept Z as being about 35 in 1969 (which has always been my guess FWIW), he would have been a child of 12 in 1946. Rasmussen even suggests that the Phantom/Z might be currently incarcerated in Texas, and that DNA sampling of all inmates might ID him. Of course, that means ignoring the print evidence (which should have identified Z years ago had he ever been arrested) and assuming that the DNA tested for Primetime truly is Z's.

In fact, I recall some years back there being discussions here on the board of the similarities between the 2 cases, and Bill Beeman, in Jack the Zodiac, suggested a connection between the 2 as well as naming Z as his brother, Jack. So, the theory is not new.

BTW, I haven't come across any explanation yet as to where the Phantom was for 20 years between Texarkana and Riverside. I assume Rasmussen tells us somewhere in the chapter on Z.

Breakout
Username: Breakout

Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 - 8:14 am:   

Sounds like I won't be buying this one anytime soon...

Ed_neil

Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 - 3:49 pm:   

I got it to add to my collection. Rasmussen has some off-the-wall ideas, such as the assumption that Z was playing word games in his letters (we've seen precisely this same theory time and again where different people using different methods have extracted the names of various suspects and so on from the letters). Much of it seems highly arbitrary to me.

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 - 5:07 pm:   

I'll probably read it, just to compare it with all the other Z info.

Ed_neil

Posted on Monday, September 04, 2006 - 1:12 am:   

He seems to think the origin of the Z symbol is a button with 2 threads through it...

Seagull
Username: Seagull

Posted on Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 11:31 pm:   

Well Ed, Z was a so and so!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration