Sneak Preview and Reviews Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Zodiac Movies » David Fincher's "Zodiac" » Sneak Preview and Reviews « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 2:49 pm:   

Here's a link.

Dave
Username: Dave

Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 7:11 pm:   

"Please put the line "I'm going to throw your baby out the window" back in the movie."

Interesting...I guess the Johns scene was toned down? I wonder why?

Dave

Etphoto
Username: Etphoto

Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 12:01 pm:   

After reading the reviews I can't wait until the movie is out. I'm wondering though. Is this a movie that is going to be released nationally?

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 12:30 pm:   

It definitely needs a better title, if they want to lure viewers to the theater. How about "Dirty Jake" or Hood, Knife, and Gun.

George
Username: George

Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 1:37 pm:   

I think Chronicles is a great title and perhaps an indication that Fincher wants his name, at this point, distanced as much as can be reasonbly expected from Se7en, which is the first film which comes mind when I hear Fincher's name. Just a guess.

Hey Scott B., to help Etphoto's post, does an $85 million budget film usually get general release, or is it more along the lines of major cities? Obviously, I know nothing about modern Hollywood.

Johno
Username: Johno

Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 3:03 pm:   

Paramount is planning on a release of 3150 locations for Fincher's film.

Despite the sneak preview they are not even done filming it yet.
They have added a scene that calls for an African American woman bus driver to ask the police what they are doing to catch the Zodiac after the bus threat becomes known.

Chronicles as a title could still present a problem as Paramount has another film coming out called The Spriwick Chronicles and of course there has already been The Chronicles of Narnia and Buena Vista is planning on a release of The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian so to be less confusing I don't think that the title Chronicles is set in stone yet for the Fincher Zodiac film.
I will be expecting another title change.

George
Username: George

Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 3:25 pm:   

Thanks, Johno. I appreciate the problem as to the title.

But the good news is 3150 locales for the film's release. Wow, maybe I'll get to see one of these Zodiac films I keep hearing of.

Breakout
Username: Breakout

Posted on Monday, August 14, 2006 - 7:39 am:   

Has anyone seen WTC and can verify whether or not a trailer for Zodiac (or Chronicles) preceded the movie?

Tom_voigt

Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 4:39 pm:   

Breakout, apparently the trailer won't be in theaters for at least another month or two.

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 5:20 pm:   

Get this (I wasn't sure where else to put this): I was checking out ebay for anything Z-related, and came across an auction for 10 DVDs, one of which was Ulli Lommel's Green River Killer (the reviews indicate it's terrible), Ulli's The Zodiac Killer (of which I already have a copy), and another movie labelled simply Zodiac. I'd not seen a DVD with that cover, and asked what it was; the seller wasn't sure but thought it was Fincher's movie. I told him/her that it was still in production, so it had to be either the 1971 The Zodiac Killer or Bulkley's The Zodiac. He/she got back to me and said his/her kids watched it and said it starred Jake Gyllenhaal, which I knew couldn't be right, so I bid on it just to see what the hell this actually was!

Well, I got it a few days back, and it has on the cover pics from the 1971 movie as well as Fincher's flick, the credits from Fincher's flick, and even though the DVD itself has Hal Reed (Jerry/Z from the 1971 movie in the LB costume) and Robert Downey Jr (Paul Avery) from a movie that won't be out for several months yet, the movie is, in reality, Bulkley's movie!!! It's obviously a bootleg copy, so I am now the proud owner of a second copy of his movie with the bizarre cover crediting 2 other Z movies (and the Fincher pics all came off the web as well, probably right off this website)...

Oh, and the other 7 DVDs had titles such as Teenage Zombies. King of the Zombies and David Hasselhoff in Jekyll & Hyde, the musical...

Breakout

Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 - 7:53 am:   

That's pretty weird, Ed. Happy viewing!

Breakout

Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 6:52 am:   

Anyone have any news about the Z trailer yet?

Breakout

Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 1:21 pm:   

This was posted by a user over at IMDB today...

So i was talking to a guy who does CGI work out of a small CGI Co. in SF. He was doing contract work and landed some work on "Zodiac"

He was responsible for 3 shots.

******SPOILER ALERT******

the first is an overhead shot of SF. he had to remove the Transamerica building and add only the foundation for it because it was under construction in the late 60's

The second shot is very interesting: a birds eye view of a taxi cab driving from Geary street and Van Ness Ave to the Presidio. this is a very complex shot because apparently the camera follows the cab turn-by-turn. (as in the camera turns 90 degrees as the cab turns) he discribed it as "video game-like" It required mixing computer graphics with shots taken from a helicopter. I am assuming that this is the shot of Stein's cab driving the Zodiac to washington and cherry. (5th murder victim)

not sure of the final shot. he did say that Fincher was very specific about his requirements for the Cab scene.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 5:06 pm:   

Sounds good, like they are trying to keep it more authentic.

I can feel a blockbuster coming here. All they need to do is put some raw killing and sex into it to make it like the "Psycho" of the New Millenium. Fincher should take some hints from Alfred Hitchcock.

Tom_voigt

Posted on Friday, February 09, 2007 - 11:53 pm:   

Here's a glowing review from the recent screening in San Francisco.

Mike_r
Username: Mike_r

Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 8:00 am:   

Hi-

This is excellent news! A bad flick would not have the impact on the public psyche (see previous two Z dud movies) as a highly acclaimed one will. Let's hope that this movie will raise consciousness about the case and that new information about the killer may come out of the woodwork.

More importantly, let's hope that publicity about the movie will force SFPD to do its job!

Mike

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 12:05 pm:   

I'm sure SFPD is doing it's job. They will probably have reps at the Task Force Meeting. Smile Tom and Ed!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration