GQ Magazine Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Zodiac Movies » David Fincher's "Zodiac" » GQ Magazine « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 9:01 pm:   

Here's a link.

(Scroll down a bit and click the images)

Rachel
Username: Rachel

Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 11:58 pm:   

Hi Tom~

I don't know what is worse - Robert Graysmith being portrayed as the solver of Z's cipher or the fact that you were looking through a site called iheartjake... lol

Ubpclaw
Username: Ubpclaw

Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 8:17 am:   

I think I mentioned this in an earlier thread, I cant believe the trailer shows him solving the 3 part cipher.

Tom_voigt

Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 11:27 am:   

Lol Rachel, but I already had it bookmarked from a couple years ago. Just kidding.

Ubpclaw, you're right; there's already a thread about the cipher issue.

Tom_voigt

Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 11:32 am:   

I haven't yet read anything but a synopsis of the GQ interview, as I've been really busy. However, apparently Gyllenhaal didn't provide any bizarre and concerning "I play the author who solved the case" quotes this time, and that's a relief.

In fact, and I may have this wrong, but it seemed to me the reporter who prepared the story claimed the movie would have the ending we all expect, aka still unsolved, but the whole time we're lead to expect another outcome.

But I just skimmed it and might be wrong. Maybe someone can read it more carefully and correct me.

Mike_r
Username: Mike_r

Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 12:49 pm:   

Hi-

With regard to JG, I know that I posted this several months back but I heard from a friend who is associated with "The Business" that an actor can feel better and more important if he knows that he brought the story of a great or heroic peron to the screen. It may be more satisfying for JG to feel that he is playing the man who "solved the Zodiac case" than to admit that he is playing a man who lied and manipulated the case for is own financial benefit.

Mike

Davidmm
Username: Davidmm

Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 1:06 pm:   

I'm still holding out hope for a great movie. Several people reportedly play the Zodiac, while only one person plays ALA. I don't think it's going down the "Team Zodiac!" pathway as much as it's playing up the uncertanity.

On the flip side, in Psycho, that's not Anthony Perkins in the wig and dress attacking Janet Leigh (no relation.) It's still the character of Norman/Mother, but it wasn't Anthony.

Certainly, I don't want their "solution" to cap the audience's interest in the real case, but, "historical accuracy" had nothing to with people paying good money for blueprints of The Starship Enterprise. If peoples' imagination are engaged, they'll seek out more material.

BTW, we should start a "Movie Inaccuracies" thread. Heaven knows we're going to need it!

Douglas_oswell
Username: Douglas_oswell

Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 2:07 pm:   

I'm planning to write a novel someday (if I don't get too discouraged) based on the character of the Zodiac. He's a hell of a lot more interesting than anyone else involved in the case.

Sanfranguns
Username: Sanfranguns

Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 2:07 pm:   

Speaking of GQ - I can't get passed how the very unnattractive Robert Graysmith is being played by the very attractive Jake Gyllenhaal.... I doubt he did, but I wonder how much say they gave him in selecting an actor of a certain pleasing asthetic :-)

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 4:41 pm:   

To be fair, I found Graysmith to be very prepossessing when I met him in 1996. He was bound to have been even more so back in '69.

Sanfranguns
Username: Sanfranguns

Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:15 am:   

actually - after I wrote that I was wondering why I thought it....I think I may have confused him with someone else's image in my mind. If so - I apologize

Nachtsider
Username: Nachtsider

Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 2:14 am:   

A novel, Doug? What a remarkable coincidence - I already have the rough drafts for several Zodiac-themed short stories sitting in my files.

My tales feature several of my theories with regards to the killer's background, motivation, crimes and cessation of sociopathic activity, incorporating certain fictional elements mixed with accurate information that I garnered from a variety of reliable sources, who include you, Michael Kelleher, Tom and Jake Wark. With any luck, I shall be able to complete at least one of them soon, and post it on my web page for all members of this board to read and review.

Looking forward to your literary masterpiece!

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 10:27 am:   

Good luck, Nachtsider. Getting fiction published is a real pain, but I'm sure you'll have a good commodity, and I'll definitely BUY a copy--as opposed to expecting you to give me one!

Hawk
Username: Hawk

Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 4:24 pm:   

"Zodiac is a curious choice for a suspense film. The Zodiac killings were never absolutely solved. So the viewer must suspend not only disbelief but also any hope that the movie will offer true closure. Rather incredibly, Fincher achieves precisely this claim,"

Thats interesting.

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 10:01 pm:   

They took a real big chance by not having a resolution at the end of Picnic At Hanging Rock, but that was a very big movie despite the fact they left it open...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration