Discordianism Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » General Zodiac Discussion » Possible Zodiac Influences » Discordianism « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Deoxys
Username: Deoxys

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 10:19 am:   

An influence for Z's taunting style or an influence for wacky Z theories? Or perhaps both? Or neither?

http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/di sc.html

Discordianism, I believe, is an invention of the psychedelic drug culture in SF during the late 1950s and early 1960s, way before the invention of Hippie culture in SF. Discordianism seems to have patented the concept of the "mindfuck", providing seemingly meaningful information to confound and confuse those trying to make sense of it. Sound familiar?

In The Illuminatus! Trilogy, the symbol for Discordianism includes a pyramid with 17 steps because 17 has "virtually no interesting geometric, arithmetic, or mystical qualities". However, for the Illuminati, 17 is tied with the "23/17 phenomenon".

Are all of Z's communications, symbols and ciphers not essentially a very effective mindfuck?

Douglas_oswell
Username: Douglas_oswell

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 2:13 pm:   

Thus are ideas conceived.

Sandy
Username: Sandy

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 9:21 pm:   

I wonder if that apple on the Z envelope, was the Apple of Discord ? It looked like a cherry to me, but most believe it was a apple.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration