Back to the begining, Part 2 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » David Faraday and Betty Lou Jensen » Back to the begining, Part 2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   

Continued from here.

Johno
Username: Johno

Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 3:51 pm:   

I'd like to know more about that Pythian Temple since it figures in twice in the Faraday/Jensen murders being the place they first met a week before they were killed and being the last place Faraday was seen alive at when he dropped his sister off there.

Douglas_oswell
Username: Douglas_oswell

Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 4:50 pm:   

Wasn't there a temple of Apollo somewhere that had an inscription resembling the 13-symbol cipher? Apollo was also known as "Pythian Apollo" for slaying a monstrous python. The priestess at Delphia, the so-called "oracle" was also known as the Pythia or Python.

Stew
Username: Stew

Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 5:09 pm:   

Douglas - your a fountain of knowledge

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 5:47 pm:   

Jack of all trades; master of none. But thanks for the compliment, Stew.

Sandy
Username: Sandy

Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 2:02 pm:   

When Betty lou and David were killed, the rumors were that it was a possible drug deal gone bad. It stayed that way for a very long time as I remember. Once the Z made his claim, the drug rumor stopped. To this day I often wonder if the killer wasn't someone who was a shift worker at Syar (a paving and concrete co.)on L.H. rd. My brother in law at the time drove the water truck for Syar, they did have shift work. The time would have been about right for the 3pm to 11 pm workers to drive past the Rambler on their way towards Benicia. The workers who lived in Vallejo would have driven in the opposite direction. If it were true that the killer worked at Syar, then he could have driven past the couple, made a U turn found a place to wait for the rest of the shift workers to be out of the area, then made his move to kill. The victims in the southern part of the state could have been in his mind, separate from the ones up north. The other thing that plays on my mind is that the number 7 could be some kind of a clue. His 7th letter was 7 pages long, claiming 7 victims. Adding up to 28 ? B-2nd letter H-8th ? If B is for Bob / Robert, then we could have R.H. again ? Most killers start in a area that they live or work, a place that they feel comfortable with. Darlenes ex fills the bill on that one. He was raised in southern calif.,lived in Vallejo, and S.F. had a beard 66/67, wore thick horn rimed glasses, had a crew cut in his graduation picture while living in "Pine" Grove. Worked as a editor while he lived in vallejo. Abandoned at birth by his mother. Was kept in a stockade at the Presidio. He was a wife beater according to Darlene, who went to the hospital three times from his beatings. This guy was my suspect for many years, and is still the one who I believe killed Darlene. Sorry I got carried away again.

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 3:54 pm:   

Sandy, the SYAR Quarry interests me too. I'm not sure about all the other info in your post, don't know that much about it. A suspect at the quarry fits in with my other thoughts--local blue collar worker, small game hunter, police wanna be, possible user of the target range at LH, fixer upper of used cars, hanger on at local fast food joints---

Hawk
Username: Hawk

Posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 7:44 pm:   

Yes, Yes, Yes!!! It's about time someone is seeing the light.

Sandy, I promise you with all my heart that this SYAR asphalt plant is where Zodiac worked at the time. I give you my word on it Sandy. It's the only way all the peices fit.

1. This place uses Ammonium Nitrate as an explosive. The same type of explosive Zodiac chose for his bus bomb. This is where he learned that Ammonium Nitrate was an explosive.

2. This place sits right between Zodiac's first and second murder sites. Going to and from here he was able to scout out these lovers lanes.

3. Zodiac chose a 6V car battery to use in his bus bomb. The 6V car Battery was nolonger used in American made automobiles since the mid 50's, but he know's it can still be purchased. SYAR asphalt plant uses 6V batteries for it's dump trucks and heavy equipment. Ask your brother inlaw.

Zodiac is not wearing glasses at BRS and LB according to Mageau and Hartnell, but he is wearing them at the Stine murder scene. So how do you get around the prescription factor? As Oklahoma Mike pointed out they could be saftey glasses. This is a requirement at this type of company.

Sandy, I can go on and on but I promise you that this SYAR plant is where Zodiac will be found. Will you please hook up with me? rcreek@earthlink.net. I'm asking you please? I bet your brother inlaw knows something. I bet he will say Yes, there was this guy that worked there that cut his hair in a crewcut around the time of the Stine killing and looked like the composite,and the guy was a little weird. Sandy please contact me?

Sandy

Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 6:05 pm:   

Hawk, I haven't seen my X brother in law for 36 yrs,but I may be able to locate him through his x wife. The guy I got way from in 68 didn't have on glass's that night either. When I saw him yrs later he had glass's. That picture I took of him , looked like he was working in construction, because he had a grey powder, like cement powder on his clothes and hands. I will email you with the rest of this story.

Sandy

Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 9:37 am:   

Hawk, Hartnell said the killer had on clip on glass's, they were attached to regular glass's underneath. Someone left me a pair like the ones Hartnell discribed. I would like to know if the tint on the clip on's at L.B. were tinted a brownish orange ? William Whites son might have that information, he was still working the case back in 1990.

Sanfranguns
Username: Sanfranguns

Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 11:58 am:   

Sandy - just out of curiousity do you have these items somewhere? It seems like someone is always leaving you stuff related to the case. Whether its the actual items or not - it would suggest someone is at the very least taunting you knowing that you will connect the items to this case. Its very bizarre to me and I'm just curious if you have kept all of these items? Thanks for the info...

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 1:04 pm:   

Sandy, don't forget you have your own thread.

Hawk
Username: Hawk

Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 10:07 pm:   

Sandy, I will have to go back and check the police report. As I recall, Sheperd said yes he was wearing regular glasses underneath the clip ons, and Hartnell said no he wasn't. If true, then I would be more inclined to believe Hartnell since he was able to see the color of Zodiacs hair protruding from the eye holes.

Try this out for size.
1. It's Friday Dec 20th, Right before the Holidays.
2. It's cold out.
3. Asphalt companies in the colder regions shutdown for the cold winter months particularly right before the holidays, and thus have a big layoff. This is a fact. It's not the companies fault, it's because Asphalt has to be built up in layers, and the State Inspectors will not allow companies to lay blacktop below 32 degrees because the layers will not stick to each other.

4.The day of the attack: I think Zodiac was waiting for this particular day to get laid off for one reason, and that was do to a simple case of paranoia. To put it in simple terms, he wouldn't have to come in to work the next day or the following monday and face fellow employees afraid that he may appear suspicious in front of them if the subject would come up about the nearby murders.

Artny
Username: Artny

Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 6:28 am:   

a few thoughts:

The electric gun sight couldn't have been accurate because he did miss twice, unless he fired two shots in the air in an attempt to get Betty Lou from running any further down the road, "Halt or I'll shoot".

Based on my own military experience, you wouldn't need a light to shoot someone at a distance of 28 feet. On night fire as a part of basic training, you can see, aim, shoot and hit a popup target 300 feet away, in total darkness

Jumping to BRS-The zodiac first took credit for LHR during his phone call to police after the the BRS crime. When he called he did say "go to the public park", so the caller wasn't familiar enough with the area to know it was a golf course.

He did place the call near the police station, he may have been familiar with the main artery of Vallejo, but wasn't as familiar with the outlaying areas.

The July 1969 letters was the first time he wrote that referenced LHR, in the letter to the Chronicle he played it safe & wrote "near the golf course".

I dont think he was as familiar with the area as everyone seems to believe

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 9:30 am:   

Good observations, Artny. Another possibility is that he was just BSing about the "electric gun sight," and actually carried a good-sized flashlight, as he had at BRS, posing as a cop and blinding Faraday and Jensen with its beam.

Artny
Username: Artny

Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 11:39 am:   

I just re-read an article I have and I see now that the golf course was a municipal golf course,
so describing it as a public park isn't that far off.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration