The Gloves Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Paul Stine » The Gloves « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 5:29 pm:   

According to this report (as well as other sources), a pair of mens black leather gloves, size seven, was recovered from the cab of victim Paul Stine.

As seen in the pic below, those gloves are still in evidence.

Gloves

Were they Zodiac's gloves? Why would he take them off? Why would he leave them? Perhaps a fake clue?

Scott_b
Username: Scott_b

Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 6:19 pm:   

Another excellent picture, Tom. It's hard to say if those were Zodiac's gloves or not. If they were, then Zodiac must have taken them off, otherwise the prints that SFPD obtained simply couldn't have happened.

Etphoto
Username: Etphoto

Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 6:39 pm:   

How old this that picture Tom?

ET

Deoxys
Username: Deoxys

Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 7:18 pm:   

Did they compare these gloves to Stine's hands or ask family if he wore size 7 gloves?

Johno
Username: Johno

Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 8:02 pm:   

A pair of 7's = 4-teen

Etphoto
Username: Etphoto

Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 5:16 am:   

I wonder if they fit OJ.

ET

Sean
Username: Sean

Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 6:27 am:   

If they were his gloves it's unlikely he would have needed to come around to the drivers side later to apparently wipe prints!

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 7:56 am:   

They could have been his gloves and fell out of his jacket. If so, they are a dainty size, and would indicate a trimmer Z. I can't see Stine riding around, without noticing a pair of gloves in his cab. He would have gotten a tip if he delivered them to the owner. This may be another reason why Z realized he screwed up and almost got caught. I think the gloves are a real clue.

Hawk
Username: Hawk

Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 7:58 am:   

If they were Z's, you would think he would have said: I have left no finger prints behind because i was wearing Gloves, instead of glued finger tips. Also, they would have gun shot residue on them.

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 8:06 am:   

Not if he didn't wear them, he may have just dropped them, and put out that other BS to misdirect investigaters. That glue on fingers and fake clues is all bull,IMO.

Anonymous
Username: L2829tad

Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 10:19 pm:   

ET,
If they don't fit...

L2829tad

Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 10:27 pm:   

Vdave,
IMHO the gloves were the "Fake clew",the prints are ??? How many prints can you find on a Taxi??
,,,,,,,,JMO,,,,,,thardu......

L2829tad

Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 10:44 pm:   

Question...Does LE have any prints from 2 different sources,(the cab,the letters,the VW)that match each other..If not,what they do have mean poop,nada,nothing!JMO..TV??

Nick
Username: Nick

Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 2:14 am:   

Thardu, I'm not aware of any match among the various prints. And I agree, if there's no match they're not of much use, at least in ruling out suspects. I tend to feel the same way about the partial DNA profile extracted by Dr. Holt in 2002. If it can be matched to a sample from another letter or other evidence, it's Zodiac's. If not, the DNA could be from any male who happened to come in contact with the stamp.

As far as the gloves go, they contain the skin cells, and thus DNA of every individual who wore them. Most folks don't share gloves, so it's likely there would be either one, or no obtainable sample if they were new and just left as a fake clue.

Sean

Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 6:55 am:   

I don't know what to make of them, but if, as some suggest they were left there as some kind of fake clue, I doubt the intent would heve been to throw LE off by giving an incorrect hand size.
Isn't it most likely that cops would wonder if perhaps he had taken them off and so left prints.

I still find it amazing (accepting the evidence at face value)that Z went into this crime without protecting his prints, compounds that by leaning all over the driver's side door before getting in,pulls and drags Stine's body all over the place, switches off the lights , grabs the keys, without leaving a print inside, pulls up under a light at an intersection and then gets out, to wipe prints he has already left there and plonks a set of bloody prints right there!

Howard_davis
Username: Howard_davis

Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 5:59 pm:   

Or were they worn by Z at LB?Did he leave them as a "clew"or did they fall out of his jacket when he was 'struggling' with Stine's shirt?

OJ can tell us a lot about dropping gloves!When you are engaged in "bussy work" you could lose or misplace anything!

We are not certain if he wore gloves(there is a weak or faint reference of this being possible) at LB,but it is possible.
BH could not recall if Z wore boots OR gloves with any degree of certainty.

Howard_davis
Username: Howard_davis

Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 6:37 pm:   

It was Archie White that overheard BH say the perp was "wearing gloves."But in other interviews BH was not certain if the perp wore gloves,hence,my use of the words faint and weak which is based on the seeming contradictions of the two parties.

Sean

Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 5:29 am:   

Well, he had good reason to lean up against the car door on that occassion; for support while writing.

Another coincidence I noticed, probably just that.
I wonder if the time on the door 6:30 could have had anything to do with CJB. It was reported that her body was found at 6.30 (am)

Stew
Username: Stew

Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 4:51 pm:   

I thought they had already identified the gloves as having belonged to an earlier lady passenger (Zodiac Unmasked - where it said they were size seven)or is this another effort by RG to make up details to rule out contradictory ALA evidence.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration