Another description? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Paul Stine » Another description? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sean
Username: Sean

Posted on Friday, August 11, 2006 - 6:22 am:   

http://www.zodiackiller.com/PSNA1.html

That's a link to a newspaper report published the day after Stine was murdered.
Suspect described as 40, 170lbs, glasses, blonde crewcut, wearing dark shoes and dark grey trousers and jacket.

It's in and around the general description, but doesn't tally exactly with what the teens or Fouke had to say. Is this an early quote from one of these witnesses or someone else?

Douglas_oswell
Username: Douglas_oswell

Posted on Friday, August 11, 2006 - 10:35 am:   

I think the media would have gotten their information from the police, who got it from the teens. Bottom line is that no one will be convicted in this case based on eyewitness testimony. It will be a fingerprint, DNA, or nothing.

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Friday, August 11, 2006 - 11:27 am:   

Sean, I'd say it was a typical media blunder. In an attempt to get the story out before anyone else, they always perform a cursory examination of the facts and then print. They also reported that Stine was shot with as .38, so that shows how accurate the early reporting was. I wouldn't read anything else into it.

Sean
Username: Sean

Posted on Friday, August 11, 2006 - 12:13 pm:   

The only real points of interest I took from it was the age estimated at 40 and the "shoes". The teens guess was between 25-30 (at least at that time)Fouke on the other hand estimated 40 and if we go by the memo, he specifically mentioned shoes.
We do know now that Fouke appears to have driven back around to the area of the crime fairly quickly and it may have been first or secondhand information that came from him.
Afterall, the description is in the ballpark.
Just interesting to know how everything unfolded.

Ubpclaw
Username: Ubpclaw

Posted on Friday, August 11, 2006 - 12:38 pm:   

Id say the fact that they said his name was T.L Stine proves that the artice was rushed and not much fact checking was done so any credibility that couldve been taken from the article is shot.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration