From the archived board: Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Possible Zodiac Victims » Robert Domingos and Linda Edwards (1963) » From the archived board: « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Warren
Username: Warren

Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 9:03 am:   

I was looking through Tom's archives and came across this thread: http://web.archive.org/web/20050318114507/www.zodi ackiller.com/mba/ozs/819.html

I don't recall reading it at the time, but in re-reading, I'm curious as to whether there was any follow-up, and whether this guy was brought up in relation to Lindsey and Cutshall.

Tommyt
Username: Tommyt

Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 11:27 am:   

Interesting find Warren. If this guy was in fact in his 40s in the early 60's, he would be in his late 70s, early 80s during the Lindsey and Cutshall murders. If this guy had back problems and was deteriorating, it would seem that he would either be dead or cripled today.

Also of interest with this guy, Zodiac was believed to have walked with a limp or restricted "lopy" manner. Could that have been because of back problems? Never-the-less, I have alway been of the belief that during Z's prime, he was in his early 30s, but might have appeared older.

Warren
Username: Warren

Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 11:45 am:   

I thought what was also interesting is that the newspaper article said that the suspected drifter's shack was where the killer attempted to burn Domingues and Edwards' bodies,

Davidmm
Username: Davidmm

Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 9:39 am:   

I could never get the video to work, but from others' conversations, it sounded like the shack was hardly as big as a porta potty. How do they know it was the drifter's residence?

Howard_davis
Username: Howard_davis

Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 1:35 pm:   

For the 1964 Swindle couple 'Valentine's' or San Diego "Honeymoon Seaside Slaying,"see SD police report on my site.

Evidently,from all I could find out that beach nut never worked out for LE.Peterson felt the same-he was not the perp.

There is nothing in the Swindle couple '87 that rules Z out as a possible.The SDPD thought 'young'Z was a viable suspect.
It is a cold case.

A SD detective wrote me that in the May 1st '67 Poway Niki Benedict slaying(see my site)that Nikki's friend saw a man driving by(twice-very slowly)watching she and Nikki talking.This stranger was focused on "blond,athletic, blue eyed Nikki."She got a very good look at this man.
Later,that day Nikki was stabbed with a "small knife"in a 'swale' area and died.I have the autopsy posted.

I located Nikki's parents after a lot of searching,but they were not interested in helping in any way.I got the feeling they just wanted to leave it behind them.Sad.

The description of this man as given by Benedict's friend was that of a man in his 20's, crew cut,clean-shaven and wearing glasses.
The detective indicated it wasn't until they got a composite of the Z killer in 1969 or some two years later,that they found it perfectly matched the '67 description given by Nikki's friend!

Lined up with the 4/30/67,"There will be More,"notes and the day later murder of Benedict forms a point of interest as to a possible young Z.

Z wrote 3/13/71 that there was"... a hell of a lot more["more"-there will be more"]down there[Southern CA]."

A paste-up sent to the SAC Bee(12/10/69-date of the Roberts abduction'87)says,among other things,"Flight 555."A reporter,as per Peterson,found that at 7:30 PM a flight 555 went to San Diego everyday.
Dave made reference to this little known paste- up in an article in the VTH he wrote about Z.I was the first to publish it giving Dave full credit.

Christina,Darlene Ferrin's younger sister, told me that when she married after her sister's death, she and her husband moved to SD as her husband was in the Navy.
She said that on at least two occasions she was being followed.They went to the military police headquarters and filed a report.When they moved to the South there were no more incidences of this type.

Dave and I wondered if this was one of Z's indirect references to his past "activity' in SD or the Swindle couple beach murder.
All FYI.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration