Question for Howard Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Possible Zodiac Victims » Donna Lass (1970) » Question for Howard « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Douglas_oswell
Username: Douglas_oswell

Posted on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 2:07 pm:   

Howard, in your opinion, how would Zodiac have known that Mary Pilker was Donna Lass's sister? Where do you think he would have found her address?

Howard_davis
Username: Howard_davis

Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 4:54 pm:   

Mr.Doug,
In a hurry as I am just hitting a few threads;but Donna's sister sent a great many articles to me about the case and Mary's name and where she lived was in some of those articles.

Some think that Donna sent the Christmas card as you know,but her entire family affirm it is NOT in her handwriting!

Donna wrote many letters to her sister and the family, some of which I have, and the two writing styles do NOT match!
When you examine the originals it really becomes apparent.

After carefully studying both writings I agree with them!

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 5:36 pm:   

Howard, that's just as I suspected. I'm assuming you believe that communication to have been the work of Zodiac, and I agree with you 100 percent. Now, where could a poor fellow get a high-res copy of the Christmas card?

Scott_b
Username: Scott_b

Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 7:17 pm:   

The Christmas card in question, no kidding, gives me recurring nightmares that shiver me to the bone to this day.

What makes you think it is a genuine Zodiac communication, Doug, the sheer terror that it must have evoked from the recipients?

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 2:07 am:   

No, Scott; I think it's because there is a clear continuum between the Thirteen-hole card of October, 1969, the Halloween Card, the Pines Card, the Monticello Card and the Donna Card. These last three contain a common motif consisting of wood, trees (particulary pines) mountains, and snow. They are, in turn, connected to the Thirteen-hole on account of the hole punch used in both it and the Pines Card, and the Halloween Card by having both been addressed to "Paul Averly."

Oklahoma_mike
Username: Oklahoma_mike

Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 2:19 pm:   

Here is an interesting link for two reasons: It discusses a Jane Doe murder victim from way back in 1954 that not is believed a possible victim of Harvey Glatman. Plus, it tells how one woman thought the Jane Doe might have been a great aunt who moved away from home at age 18 and was never heard from again. It turns out her aunt was NOT the Jane Doe, as she traced her aunt to Massachusetts where she had moved after marriage and for whatever reason never contacted her family again. The implications to Donna Lass are obvious. This example proves young women can decide to move away and sever all family ties. I am not saying that is what Miss Lass did, but nobody really knows for sure. It add one more layer to the speculation. We speculate on how Zodiac, or Kane, or somebody, killed her, but we do not even know for sure if she was murdered.
Oh yes, the link: http://www.boulderjanedoe.com/index.cfm?go=View_Ar ticle&id=150

Oklahoma_mike
Username: Oklahoma_mike

Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 2:21 pm:   

I should say that the Colorado Jane Doe is NOW believed to be a Glatman victim rather than not believed as I mistyped above.

Wrecknball
Username: Wrecknball

Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 4:56 pm:   

FWIW the Boulder Jane Doe was profiled on America's Most Wanted this past Saturday...

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 5:20 pm:   

Thanks for the link, Mike. It shows the possibility that my theory is correct: Donna Lass may simply have dropped out of her life for whatever reason. No one even knows if a crime was committed, and linking her presumed abduction and murder to Z just because of a vague card is questionable.

Juno
Username: Juno

Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 7:14 am:   

I recall having read that most of Glatman's photos were destroyed by the authorities after his trial. In the article above, it mentions looking for the photos.

"A crime technician is working full time on a search for the photographic evidence discovered in Glatman's toolbox and will send Ainsworth the photos."

Are they hoping to find some photos hidden in the house, or are they finding that the photographic evidence was never actually destroyed?

Howard_davis
Username: Howard_davis

Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 2:49 pm:   

O Mike,
We need to know all about that woman's family background and private life to see if there were any reasons for leaving her family.
There are usually compelling reasons for someone to leave their friends and family behind!

With Lass we find ZERO!

I would like to see specific reasons and a list of the reasons why Lass would drop out-I will later make a list why she would not sudenly leave everything she was working towards.

Why she left:
1.)
2.)etc.,etc.

Ed_neil

Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 3:46 pm:   

Howard, there are no reasons known to her family; that does not mean there were none! I'd still like to see anything resembling proof that a crime was actually committed, and something concrete linking this disappearance to Z.

Bookworm
Username: Bookworm

Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 9:11 pm:   

Maybe Z got Mary's address from Donna's apartment (correspondence) or address book. Howard's probably right about knowing Mary's name from the articles published.

Info on the stamps. They are Currier&Ives. A Nathaniel Currier lithograph made in 1853 depicting he and his second wife s(leigh)ing. Title "The Road,Winter" Also, Currier was born on March 27th another 27 for Howard. http://www.oldprintshop.com/artists/currier-ives-n at.htm

The first day of issue for the 1974 Christmas stamps was October 23,1974.
http://www.biblestampclub.com/modules/news/article .php?storyid=46

Mike_cole
Username: Mike_cole

Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 10:01 pm:   

The S.F. Chronicle published Mary's name and the city in which she was employed (which also happens to have been the city in which she lived) in the March 26, 1971 article: Zodiac Hints of a Body Near Tahoe.

Sandy
Username: Sandy

Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 12:24 pm:   

Ed ,If she was taken and killed by someone who can be connected to her,we will never see it. He knows better than to send any real proof,or to tell where her body can be found.He likes it just the way it is, a mystery. The punch hole that was on the Lake Tahoe post card ,I think is a clue to where she is buried.He could have drawn a circle but he didn't, there has to a reason for doing that. That is why I believe she is in one of those holes. As I have posted before I went there, and there are many holes in the ground that are "very" deep.He couldn't afford to have her body be found, the way Dana Lulls Body was in a mine shaft. He is a lazy killer as far as taking the time to dig a grave, so I don't believe she is in the area that Dave Petterson and Harvey Hines were looking. Mike thanks for posting the dates of the article,I have it but it would take too long to dig it up.

Ed_neil

Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 10:12 pm:   

That's a big IF. There's no evidence that a crime was even committed, and it's even more likely she just walked away from her life to start over again for reasons we can't fathom. Some vague card that could have been written by anyone and could mean anything is hardly proof that something bad happened to her.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration