Emily Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Possible Zodiac Victims » General Victim Discussion » Emily « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Emily (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 10:36 pm:   

My name is Emily and I was born and raised in Santa Rosa. My sister was Yvonne Weber who was murdered,in Santa Rosa in 1972 (the year I was born)along with her friend Maureen Sterling. I now live near Phoenix, AZ.

Deoxys
Username: Deoxys

Posted on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 11:18 pm:   

Welcome, Emily. I can hardly imagine your loss. You may already know that there is a thread devoted to the Santa Rosa murders:

http://www.zodiackiller.com/discus/messages/25/100 .html?114705600

I think I can speak for everyone in saying it is good to have you here.

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 9:13 am:   

Yes Emily, thanks for posting. We hope we can assist you in easeing some of the pain you and your family have gone thru.

Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 1:40 pm:   

Thanks so much guys!! Learning about this site has already changed my life and assisted in easing my pain tremendously!! It's nice to know there are people out there who are interested in finding some closure in the SR murders! Talk to you in the chat room soon!

Timothy (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 5:33 pm:   

Hi Emily, it is very nice to have you here! It was nice talking with in you in chat the other day. Remember, if you every need anyone to talk to, my wife (Tina) and I are here for you.

She lost her brother 2003, it has been very difficult for her. It was determined natural causes, because he passed away in bed due to a seizure.... but I have always had some suspicions otherwise. No proof, just mixed up thoughts and I don't want to blame anyone in the family without concrete proof...something I will never have.

Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 5:36 pm:   

Also, I want to say that I hope some day you will be able to find closure....and be able to find out whom is responsible for what happened to your sister.

Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 12:06 pm:   

Thanks Timothy! I can very much relate to the part about not wanting to blame anyone with out proof. Because we don't know who did it, and no one wants to talk about it, it's hard not to let my mind come up with all kinds of possibilities of who it was that killed my sister Yvonne and her friend Maureen. I encourage anyone who knows anything about their disappearance, or their murder, to open up and share with me their thoughts. I have had some interesting conversations and learned some definite facts due to this web site. Even if I havn't found much closure, I have found that there are others that care, and that means everything to me! Thank you for your kind and heartfelt words!

Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 5:21 pm:   

I am still waiting for someone, anyone who was around during Yvonne and Maureen's death or has any knowledge of their case, to add to this posting.....

They went to Herbert Slater Jr. High and were last seen leaving the Redwood Empire Ice Arena on 2/4/72 and found dead on Franz Valley Rd. 11 months later. Carolyn Davis was found in the exact same spot 4 months after that. Apparently the girls were on their way to a party in Kenwood. I don't know if they ever made it there or not.

Posted on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 7:14 am:   

Emily, does your family have any of Yvonne's yearbooks?

Vincent (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 9:19 am:   

Emily,----I read somewhere that someone saw a VW lurking around the Ice Arena around the time they disapeared?----I believe Ted Bundy had a VW and and was familiar with that area around that time. Have you heard anything about a possible VW and/or Bundy connection?

George
Username: George

Posted on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 10:50 am:   

Because we don't know who did it, and no one wants to talk about it, it's hard not to let my mind come up with all kinds of possibilities of who it was that killed my sister Yvonne and her friend Maureen. I encourage anyone who knows anything about their disappearance, or their murder, to open up and share with me their thoughts.

Emily, one who may be able to help you is Mike Kelleher. He's not a member of Law Enfoercement but did have a connection with the series becaue he's a criminalist. Two things:

1. On the archived board, use the search feature and simply type in his name. Then use the "search within results" feature. Then search. Read every one of his posts. (There are many threads which deal with the Santa Rosa murders). Now, as you say, and as Mike Kelleher has mentioned more than once, these crimes, despite the amount of time which has passed, are still a very delicate topic of discussion. As Mike Kelleher is a Mensa member and a professional I seriously doubt any not-for-the-general-public information slipped out in his posts. Still, it couldn't hurt to read every one of his posts for any number of reasons.

2. You might try directly contacting him. Unfortunately I have no idea about how to accomplish this. Should you get his ear, remember that as a criminalist, he'll want as much factual information in as little space as possible. He also isn't going to e-mail you any special information or post it on a message board. At some point, you'll probably have to meet him, supplied with information that you are who you say you are. After all that, maybe he'll share a theory or two with you, but I have no idea if he'll say anything. At any rate, I'd suggest that you try to contact him. It's a real long shot but it can't hurt to try. PS, Ted Bundy is one of two infamous serial killers whose names have cropped up. The other guy had a very unique way of murdering -- blunt force trauma but that's putting it broadly. May the force be with you in your search!

Deoxys

Posted on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 11:37 am:   

Emily,

To follow up on George's suggestion, you may or may not have seen that Mike Kelleher will apparently be coming to chat here next week.

http://www.zodiackiller.com/discus/messages/18/193 .html?1148803286

You may wish to post any specific questions for him here or ask Tom privately to present questions to him. Just a suggestion...

Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 8:44 pm:   

Timothy - Actually, we don't have any of Yvonne's belongings. Only a few school report cards and pictures!

Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 8:57 pm:   

Vincent - Regarding the VW bug, my dad (who is the one who dropped them off that night) had a VW bug. I beleive the same year as Bundy's!

I guess Bundy was ruled out because of some gas receipts that tied him to Seattle during the time of their disappearance.

Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 8:59 pm:   

George and Deoxys - Thanks so much for the great suggestions!! I appreciate everyone's input tremendously!!

Timoth (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 6:51 pm:   

Emily I am very sorry to hear that you don't have things that belonged to Yvonne. I do hope you have some things that you can cherish as I know you never got to know your sister.

Can you find out who published, or was the photographer of the yearbook from Yvonne's school?

I know sometimes you can get copies of old yearbooks from the studios who printed the yearbooks.

Deborah (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 12:18 am:   

Hello Emily,

I use to work with your brother at Golden Technology in Santa Rosa back in the 70's. He was very sweet and fun to work with.

Deborah

Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 11:59 pm:   

Deborah - You must mean my brother Mark who was two years older than Yvonne? I haven't seen him for 15 years. I guess he was never quite the same after her death. I would love to talk with him about it, since we never have. I just don't know where he is anymore. I bet he could give some insight into who's car they might have gotten into, etc.....

Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 8:05 am:   

Emily, I am so sorry to hear you have lost touch with your brother. Tragedy can cause this. Don't think I am in anyway telling you what to do because who am I, BUT....please give serious thought to getting in touch with your brother....not for you or him.....but for your sister.....I didn't know your sister....but I bet she would never have wanted the family to lose touch. Sometimes healing begans by taking that first step.

Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 10:24 am:   

UPDATE: Well, I mailed a letter to Butch Carlstedt a couple of weeks ago asking him to contact me regarding Yvonne and Maureen's case and guess what?? He called me this morning. I am going to have a phone call with him tonight and will let you all know what I learn from him! Thanks again for the support!

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 1:07 pm:   

Emily, that is awesome! Keep us posted!

Seagull
Username: Seagull

Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 3:48 pm:   

Emily that's wonderful.

Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 4:04 pm:   

Emily I am glad to hear that.

Posted on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 11:23 pm:   

Well, I heard from a reliable source that the girls may have run away to a place called Morning Star / Wheeler Ranch hippie commune in Occidental, and were not killed the same night that they disappeared!! Does anyone know anything about that?

Deoxys

Posted on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 11:54 pm:   

Very, very interesting, Emily.

Here's a link to some info. about the Morning Star and Wheeler Ranch communes, which have close connections with the Diggers, a group which Howard and I are very interested in in relation to Z:

http://www.thefarm.org/museum/communes.html

http://bellsouthpwp.net/t/o/tomas42064/BUTTON2.HTM

http://laurelrose.com/

http://www.diggers.org/home_free.htm

Do you have any idea how they may have become involved with a group such as this?

Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 9:32 pm:   

Thanks for the links Deoxys!! No I don't know how they may have become involved. I just know that when they were missing, my parents were told that they were there. My parents posted a letter to Yvonne on the message board begging her to come home, if by chance she was there. I am looking into the details and will keep you posted.

J_eric
Username: J_eric

Posted on Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 12:11 am:   

Hi, Emily, I add my condolences and thank you for "appearing" on this site. Are the Santa Rosa killings still "open" in the police files? (As opposed to S.F.'s closure of the Stine murder.)

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 4:44 pm:   

Anyone heard from Emily lately? I heard she recently had a birthday...

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2006 - 1:30 am:   

Sure haven't. I called her a while back, but haven't heard from her. I need to call her again... hope everything's OK...

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 5:59 pm:   

This thread has been moved to the "Possible Zodiac Victims General Victim Discussion" topic.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration