NEW DISCUSSION: Lindsay Cutshall and ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Possible Zodiac Victims » All Other Possible Zodiac Victims » NEW DISCUSSION: Lindsay Cutshall and Jason Allen (Part 2) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 10:00 am:   

Continued from here.

SargeAbernathy (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 2:17 pm:   

Out of curiosity, I was wondering if there was any followup to this story: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2 004/08/22/BAG998CID91.DTL

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 2:55 pm:   

Sarge and Troy--You are both phishing. Tell us more about the campgrounds and camp sites around the area.

Troy Carpenter (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 1:54 am:   

If phishing means I'm asking questions, then yes I have been, but I've also done a lot of thinking and I've posted several ideas. I didn't go to Fish Head beach but I did go to Stinson Beach just to get an idea of the climate. I researched the Marlin rifle at Big 5 and I've spent countless hours doing web searches.. Inclusing my attempt to find someone that makes a decal with that weird tadpole image on it. Any questions I have is usually asked just in case someone already knows, that way I can spend my time doing more thinking instead of searching. Sometimes asking the right questions can bring about interesting responses. If everyone on here would rather me not ask, I won't.

JustinDombrowski (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 10:46 am:   

also notice that in the journal entry " of placid hell" or whatever it is. You can see the distinct "d" with the "loop" in it

Look here at how Zodiac writes his "d's"
http://www.zodiackiller.com/BBL1HR.html
And here how the allen/cutshall murderer writes his
http://www.sonomasheriff.org/Wanted/Journal_5.pdf

Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 10:49 am:   

also notice how the murderer loops his O's
(Look to the links above to compare)Heres other similarities in the writings to Z. ( Notice by the D's.... I mean lowercase d's)
- The lowercase h's are also very similar
- distinct curve in the lowercase f's as well.
- the lowercase s he writes have the same curve to that of Z
- the lowercase g's are also very similar

BreakOut (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 10:53 am:   

Who knows if the writer of the Jenner Beach journal entry is actually the murderer though.

Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 11:02 am:   

I know that. Im saying if that person was indeed the murderer. that the handwriting is awfully familiar to that of zodiacs.

if it seemed like i pointed the writer to be the killer, my apologies. didnt mean it come off that way

SFGuns (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 12:45 pm:   

I don't think its that similar to be honest. Most of the d's don't even make a full loop - its rather like a hook in the journal entry. Plus the tone of the letter seems very teenager to me. Just an opinion...

SF Nite Rider (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 3:46 pm:   

How conveniant would that of been for an old Zodiac to be able to commit a double murder and have a beach journal close by to write a little note! Very strange..

SF Nite Rider (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 4:01 pm:   

Is anybody's handwriting the same as it was 35 years earlier? Mine sure isn't. So why wouldn't the Zodiac's style of changed too? Ask yourself that question. Some people wrote cursive and now print everything. Some people wrote in uppercase and now write in lowercase or vise versa..

SFGuns (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2006 - 1:17 pm:   

It could have very easily changed. I was just responding to the poster who said it looked similar. It doesn't. But I still maintain that the overall tone of the poem seems very adolescent to me - not at all what I would expect from a guy in his late 60s/early 70s

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 4:22 pm:   

Too bad that public Allen/Cutshall thread got deleted--There were some good posts on there.

Some of the entries in the "Driftwood Inn" diary, sound like they could have been made by transient beachgoers. A good investigative tool might be to check fingerprints, DNA, and handwriting with Sonoma-Mendocino-Marin County welfare offices. Check for people applying for welfare, food stamps, and WIC. And how about Unemployment Apps, and SS Apps?

There are some interesting posts regarding this crime on Huff's Crime Blog. Check it out!

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 5:29 pm:   

I think this pic is important. It was the last one in Lindsay's camera, and it looks north at high tide at sunset on FHB. It possibly shows the perp's lair.
fhbC:\mysettings\mydocuments\fhb.jpg

Wrecknball
Username: Wrecknball

Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 6:17 pm:   

Yeah...if the perp was Aquaman

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 7:48 am:   

Or Pogo------------

Sandy
Username: Sandy

Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 5:43 pm:   

Maybe the perp himself took that picture right after shooting them ? Or came back hours later, then took a picture to throw off the time line, to make some busy work for the police ? Perhaps he slept on the beach as well.Could the sticker on the black cars back window be a dolphin instead of a tadpole ?

Oklahoma_mike
Username: Oklahoma_mike

Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 4:32 pm:   

I finally found a website with a good description of the Marlin .45 caliber Camp Gun, which police say is one of the two possibilities for the weapon used in this crime (the other being a Marlin lever action (think, "The Rifleman"). My theory, and any fellow gun nuts who know for sure one way or the other please join in, is that the manufacturer, Marlin, used the same tooling to cut the grooves in the barell of both these style guns, thus the twists and grooves would be the same size on the recovered bullets. Both the guns had the same diameter barrell, though the brass case on the ammunition was a little different between the two. If I find a similar review of the Marlin lever action .45 long colt I will post that as well. And now the site:
http://www.notpurfect.com/main/campgun.htm

Tommyt
Username: Tommyt

Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 8:12 pm:   

Going back to the poem comparison to Z's writing, the "th" in "things" on the 3rd to the last line of the poem is very interesting.

Wrecknball

Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 2:24 am:   

Has anybody found anything regarding what exactly "The Driftwood Inn" is?

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 7:24 am:   

I think the writer of the note is referring to the "Driftwood Inn" as the makeshift structures on the beach. He/she may have used it as a trysting spot.

Angie
Username: Angie

Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2006 - 6:17 pm:   

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl e?AID=/20060816/NEWS/608160306/1033/NEWS01

Here we are... 2 years later & still the case remains without a suspect. Let's hope this one doesn't take as long to make an arrest as Jonbenet's case has.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2006 - 9:22 am:   

Thanks Angie----I notice on note #5 on the FHB diary, Driftwood is misspelled as Drifwood.

Seagull
Username: Seagull

Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 10:00 pm:   

This evening I was watching Channel 50 KFTY Santa Rosa news, a story came on about the aquittal of Zach Rutledge for the 1999 murders of two Guerneville men. The defense claimed another man did the killings. The defense also said this same man is being investigated for the Jenner murders. The man's name is Tyson McLain. He's a Russian River local. FYI

Warren
Username: Warren

Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 8:33 am:   

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/world/archives/200 6/01/04/2003287366/print.

Had to go to Taiwan to get a picture of him.

Seagull

Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 2:44 pm:   

That's amazing Warren. I googled him last night and only came up with a CBS news story that was written before the verdict. He apparently is familar with guns. The trouble with stories that break on a Friday afternoon is they get forgotten by Monday. Hopefully more will show up soon.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 4:43 pm:   

Interesting that he is "Johnny on the Spot" with a boat and paddles as opposed to oars. The mouth of the Russian River is not far from that pic.

Warren

Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 8:41 am:   

I usually associate those paddles with a kayak; perhaps he traverses the coast in one.

Warren

Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 8:51 am:   

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl e?AID=/20060901/NEWS/609010333

Warren

Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 8:57 am:   

http://cbs5.com/localwire/localfsnews/bcn/2006/08/ 31/n/HeadlineNews/RUTLEDGE/resources_bcn_html

I'm beginning to get that feeling in my bones...

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 9:39 am:   

Notice the unusual headwear of McClain in that pic from Taiwan. What is that he is wearing?

Ratman
Username: Ratman

Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 1:32 pm:   

This McClain seems to have a pat answer for everything. I wouldn't trust him as far as my son could throw him. And he's only 9.

J_eric
Username: J_eric

Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 8:04 pm:   

But we still lack a motive.

Ahh, does he still have that bitchin' boat and kayak paddles? I'm kinda getting an idea here, I think Warren and Vallejo Dave beat me to it. In the meantime, anyone know if Zach or Tyson do strange little drawings?

Seagull

Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 9:55 pm:   

V Dave That looks like bucket hat, pushed back, on McLain's head. It was raining and they are good rain hats. Maybe he pushed it back for the photo op.

J_eric Zach is probably no angel or he wouldn't have gotten himself where he is now, but he has been in jail for the last 4 years. Tyson on the other hand seems like a good candidate.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 8:33 am:   

I wonder if Cap'n Tyson has ever conducted rowboat/kayak excursions down the river to the Drifwood Inn. It would also be interesting to know if he has a friend named "Chrissy".

Since he owned 4 SKS's, he may be familiar with Camp Rifles.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 9:00 am:   

Press releases from Sonoma County:

http://www.sonomasheriff.org/press.php

Click on Geyserville Marijuana. I think whoever shot the couple on the beach, may have been staying at a campsite like this.

Sandy
Username: Sandy

Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 10:40 am:   

Vallejo Dave,That could be true. If they stumbled across a Marijuana farm some how, that would cause them to be shot. The people or a least one person would have to follow them to the beach.That seems not too likely to me. Most of these low lifes would have killed them on the spot and moved the bodys some place else.The last time I went there, I drove past Fish head beach and turned the car around to see if I could see that area from the road.The road had curves and up high, I could see the spot where they were real well.I had mentioned that they could have had a fire going, that would make it easy to see that they were there.If you ever get out this way I will be happy to take you there.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 5:15 pm:   

Sandy, thanks for the invite. I'd very much like you to take me to that spot. I want to go to Bolinas Lagoon also, I've never been there,and want to take pics. Maybe we could have a snack at Sea Ranch, then head over to Ed's Hacienda. I hear he gives a great massage!

They could have stumbled across some illegal activity, which led to their deaths. Jason had been to Mendocino before, and was familiar with the area. They wouldn't have had to tail them. Maybe someone told them where to camp on the beach, and knew they would be there.---Those Marijuana Farms sound like something out of Thailand or Laos. Maybe it's time for martial law in Sonoma County! Seal off the borders, eliminate all the grass farms, and look for illegal weapons (even old ones with metal detectors). While they are at it, they could round up all the poachers!

Racerx
Username: Racerx

Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 3:10 am:   

That Sonoma sheriff is also the coroner, sounds like a conflict of interest to me. Geez, talk about "full service".

Racerx
Username: Racerx

Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 3:20 am:   

I see that the Sonoma sheriff is also the Coroner. seems like this is a conflict of interest. Geez, talk about "full service".

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 4:36 pm:   

I note "Popeye Mclain" has a drug conviction from 2002. I wonder if he knows where any of these Marijuana farms are?

While Sonoma County is looking for the above items, they could also check for illegal aliens. Perhaps they could get Mendocino county and Marin county to co-operate with them on the "Sweep".

Wrecknball

Posted on Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 7:59 pm:   

Racerx, In the State Of California all sheriffs are sworn in as sheriff/coroners FYI

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 6:17 pm:   

I just tried to access the evidence released from FHB in May, and it is all blocked off. What's up? I wanted to read that Drifwood Inn note again, and view the Camo beer bottle.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 6:55 pm:   

http://www.sonomasheriff.org/press.php

Hmmmm

Colette
Username: Colette

Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 5:00 pm:   

After watching the new clip of the beach where Edwards and Domingo were murdered it sure looks alot like the Cutshall and Allen murder scene.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 5:38 pm:   

Go back to Lindsay's pic above. See that tire on the driftwood? Whoever frequented there was using that tire as a "bobber" to catch Sharks, Seals, or large fish from that spot. They were probably into Abalone, Salmon, and other aquatic wildlife that they could get for free! IMO, they also had a gun to shoot birds, like Pellicans, and anything else they could poach around there.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 5:48 pm:   

Colette, I really doubt the Domingos/Edwards killer was the same one who shot Jason and Lindsay. The beach scene is similar, but the chances of the same perp are not realistic.

Colette
Username: Colette

Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 7:55 pm:   

Not totally unrealistic, after all this is the possible other Zodiac victims discussion.... remember?

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Saturday, December 02, 2006 - 9:02 am:   

On the poaching motiff, here's a story about what can happen:

http://www.publicopiniononline.com/localnews/ci_47 59523

Hawk
Username: Hawk

Posted on Saturday, December 02, 2006 - 2:03 pm:   

IMHO, it was a drifter type person who worked at a local Ranch. Look at the weapon style used. It's a western style Cayote gun. Look at the area using Google Earth.

Picture it, you have a local Ranch hand down on his luck workin for next to nothin and pissed off at the world. The guy he works for is a slave driver. He then goes out and gets himself a fifth of rotgut and gets about half stood. He then grabs the owners rifle while their asleep and heads down to the beach to shoot at anything and everything and along the way he see's Jason and Lindsey alone enjoying life.

Thats where I would start looking.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Sunday, December 03, 2006 - 11:12 am:   

I agree with you, it was a drifter type person. However, I feel he came there from inland--from Sonoma, Napa or Marin County, following the Russian River.

BTW, I would rule out the Hispanics--Where would they get, or have knowledge of, a .44 cal Camp Rifle?

Breakout
Username: Breakout

Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 6:10 am:   

Dave, hispanics, I would think, could get or have knowledge of a .44 from anywhere--same as caucasians or african americans, or anyone! My brother owns a gun store and many of us customers are hispanic.

Michelle
Username: Michelle

Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 5:37 pm:   

Hi there, my name's Michelle. I've been following this case for a while. Was wondering if anyone knows of any updates with possible suspect Tyson McLain?

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 4:50 pm:   

I'm also interested in updates about Tyson(popeye) McLain. Why the clamp on news about him?

Seagull????

Seagull

Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 9:36 pm:   

Other than that one news broadcast I have not heard anything else about him either. I subscribe to the Press Democrat and there was nothing in there. The statement accusing McLain was made by the attorney for the person acquitted in the Blore Grahlman murders and not by the authorities. It was by chance that I heard it as I don't usually watch that newscast. I'm keeping an ear and eye open for anything about McLain.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 7:45 am:   

Update: I just had a customer here who said he knew Jason and Lindsay. His name is Ralph, and he attended Lindsay's church in Ohio a few times. Knows her father. He said Lindsay was a beautiful, dynamic, outgoing person, well liked by all who met her. He last saw them at Easter, 2004. He is going to start following the MB. I have the poster in the window here.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration