SCORPIO Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Possible Zodiac Victims » Cheri Jo Bates (1966) » SCORPIO « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 12:16 pm:   

Two of the three Riverside "had to die" letters from April 1967 featured a symbol at the bottom. Is it a 32? Or, a Z? Whatever it is, it's rather sloppily drawn.

Here's another possibility:
SCORPIO

Tom_voigt

Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 12:18 pm:   

Bates was killed on October 30, which is a Scorpio date.

James78
Username: James78

Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 12:30 pm:   

To me It seems to be indicating a 32. It seems more then a Z.

Wrecknball
Username: Wrecknball

Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 12:56 pm:   

When I first saw this I thought it looked like "ML".

Bookworm
Username: Bookworm

Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 3:54 pm:   

The Scorpio sign reminds me of the April 28th Dragon Card, with the saying "Your ass is a dragon". The dragon's tail is arrow shaped. The Riverside letters were mailed a difference of just 2 days, on April 30th.

Hawk
Username: Hawk

Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 7:17 pm:   

BUSTED! Look at Det. R. D. Yonkers 2 in the upper right corner of his card. Thats scary.
http://www.zodiackiller.com/BizCards.html

Tom_voigt

Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 7:53 pm:   

Deoxys
Username: Deoxys

Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 12:46 am:   

Heh. Good eye, Hawk.

I've always thought it looks like a "Z3" combination. Three letters sent to three different recipients. The Scorpio possibility is quite interesting as well.

Perhaps this is our very first example (if it was indeed written by Z) of Z intentionally keeping everyone guessing with multiple possible meanings...

Hawk
Username: Hawk

Posted on Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 9:19 am:   

Thanx Deoxys, But, now that Tom slid the beer glass over top of it, it looks like it was nothing more than a one time twitch and nothing he does consistantly.

Stew
Username: Stew

Posted on Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 2:52 pm:   

Tom
Independently I made the same observation. In fact the scorpio symbol I referenced looked a lot more like the signature symbol in question (the m was shallower and the tail longer).

It seems here that the writer is definitely trying to blend something with a "Z" though. The murder date significance matches his later bus-bomb letter signing where he indicates his murder victims on the Zodiac (though he chose not to claim the Bates murder until it was "discovered"). However if the letter-writer who we'll assume was the Zodiac was marrying the Z to the zodiac symbol of his victims, he was going to end up with some funny looking Z's in the future. What if the Zodiac was a Scorpio and this was his first attempt at a signature symbol (I know this cancels ALA). He might have soon realized that it gave away too much information about himself and changed it to the circle and cross.

Howard_davis
Username: Howard_davis

Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 6:20 pm:   

See Ryan's site The Zodiac Vortex under "News" and what he found on the '67 note/s.It is like the writer experimented with various forms of the word Zodiac.FYI

Of course,some may say detectives,etc.,wrote over the '67 notes and left those impressions.They or RSPD seemed pretty touchy about their documents though.

LE is using a from of impression detection and it has yielded results even giving important info about offenders.
I know of one case where paper/letter impressions led to the location of an offender,but she committed sucicide before she could be arrested!

Whether it applies to the symbol or not is still an interesting discovery.

Under intense magnification Z writing expert Sherwood Morrill said it was a Z.

J_eric
Username: J_eric

Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 11:02 pm:   

Connect the top of the "3" with a single stroke to the bottom junction in the Bates symbol and you get a "broken heart" with an arrow through it. Z feels Bates "broke his heart" by not going out with him?

(Just another outside-the-box thought...)

Sandy
Username: Sandy

Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 7:51 am:   

I have seen this before and it was for sure a fancy Z. My poi has done this with the Z as well as his M, also some of his W's have a curly start or ending. It is kind of his "girly man" thing I think. I wonder if he wares his dress when he writes in his fancy style.

Stew
Username: Stew

Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 9:18 pm:   

Maybe your onto something here Sandy. Z's "Thing" disguise could have been to dress up as a man. Now do the murder dates correspond with a PMS cycle?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration