Another "rh" ? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Possible Zodiac Victims » Cheri Jo Bates (1966) » Another "rh" ? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 4:19 pm:   

The Riverside desktop poem, possibly written by the Zodiac, is signed with the initials rh.

Meanwhile, two of the three the Riverside "had to die" letters, also possibly written by the Zodiac, were signed with a symbol that looks like either a 32 or a Z.

Using Adobe Photoshop, I used one of the two "had to die" symbols (either one would suffice) and made two simple alterations. See results below.

RH

It looks to me as if the "had to die" symbols could have been a cloaked version of the desktop poem's rh signature.

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 8:00 pm:   

An easier way to describe what I did is to look at the "had to die" symbols as being a lowercase m combined with an uppercase L.

All I did was split in half both the m and L. Then I used half of the m and L to form the "r", and the other half of the m and L to form the "h."

Scott_ben
Username: Scott_ben

Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 7:21 pm:   

Very interesting Mr Voigt. Do you believe cheri jo bates to be a Zodiac victim? I personally think he just wrote the letters. Still, something to think about. Much like the figures at the end of the exorsist letter. Do you know of any suspects with a name that corresponds with rh? What about that "enterprise leter". Do you think Z wrote it?

George
Username: George

Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 11:39 pm:   

Scott Ben wrote:

Do you know of any suspects with a name that corresponds with rh?.

I know of one "suspect" initialed "r.h." One of the weakest of manufactured suspects, he can't be placed at any Z murder scene, including a house in PH on 10/11/69. The PH house dwelling has been disproved (thanks to Ed) by public record; rh didn't live in the house at the time of the Stine murder, and there is no rh connection with the other three attack sites. rh is truly one of the worst Zodiac suspects ever.

John_prisk
Username: John_prisk

Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 1:33 am:   

It's an interesting observation. If they were written by Z, given his propensity for obfuscation via codes and strange symbols, it’s believable.
However I am of the opinion Z had nothing to do with either the letters or the actual killing. That’s not to say any random bloke could or would not use similar tactics. But despite that stipulation IMHO it’s a stretch. Still kinda cool, but a stretch...

Breakout
Username: Breakout

Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 7:34 am:   

Tom, interesting. One could say that the strokes are similar, but IMHO, the surface of the desk factors some false indicators into the script of the poem author. Does anyone know how deep the script cut into the wood, or was it superficial? I remember from my own childhood exploits how hard it was to write on desks. The surface can be somewhat slippery until you get a groove carved and then you are good to go. Also, the surface can "stop" (for lack of a better term) the ink in your pen thus the need to press harder or switch to a different surface (paper) to get it going again. This would explain some of the darker lettering in the desktop poem.

Sean
Username: Sean

Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 9:19 am:   

I have the same reservations about the desktop poem as most, however, as mentioned many times there is a reference to "Time" in the Z communications. When you compare the desktop poem we can see that the word "time" is again not only used twice but appears to be engraved/written heavier than most of the other words.

Bookworm
Username: Bookworm

Posted on Friday, August 11, 2006 - 6:24 pm:   

Tom, your idea is a possibility in my opinion.

In the cipher of 6/26/70 Zbutton Letter, there are only two zodiac signs, the sign for Aries flipped and the sign for Libra. Put them together and you get LibraAries or Libraries. The underscore for the symbol of Libra in the cipher could be under the word “ not”. Not is North (map) without the r and h. Also, put the symbol for Aries over the symbol for Libra and it looks like the top and bottom of a human figure/stick man. Use the Aries symbol as in the cipher, flipped, and the stick figure looks like a woman (an allusion to Beth Short?).

There are two a’s which can be combined in Libraaries and two 6’s in the date of the letter 6/26. Combine the 6’s and you get 26 which is Z in alphabet. Also, two of the Bates letters had the symbol at the bottom and one didn’t. 66 is the year Cheri Bates was killed. 0/27 the rest of the numbers left in the Zbutton Letter is a partial date of the Halloween Card.

An allusion to Elizabeth Short Black Dahlia? BEDS? Box Spring Mountain is in the background of Cheri’s crime scene photo.

Now take the rh out of Cheri’s name and you get “ice” a term for murder. The I and C are alphabet 9 and 3, two numbers on the compass of the map, which also form a line like the underscore. Put the E after the underscored “not” and you have “note”. Cheri left a note for her father that she was going to the library. There is also the underscore in the “Confession Letter” – “By_____________”

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration