Phone calls Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Arthur Leigh Allen » Phone calls « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ericd
Username: Ericd

Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 9:56 pm:   

At the end of Yellow Book's blue book (ie Graysmith's Unmasked) he has a map that shows various locations in Vallejo. The map notes two locations where Z made calls from payphones after killing Darlene Ferrin.
32 Fresno would be right between these two phones, within walking distance of each.
This evidence (although circumstantial) again points strongly toward Allen.
I believe the first call at 12:40 to VPD has been verified to have come from the payphone at Tuolumne and Springs St.
I question (since it came from Yellow Book) the 2nd call supposedly from a payphone at Nebraska and Broadway Streets, though. Graysmith claims the Ferrin family received a call from this payphone at 1:30 am after the murder.
Is there any verification of this call or of a call being made from this payphone around the time in question?

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 12:31 am:   

That's on page 469 of the paperback. Maybe there's something I missed, but since the calls were local (ie, non toll) and were from a payphone to a private residence, how can anyone have traced the calls to their point of origin?

It just so happens that the gas station at Nebraska and Tuolumne Streets is where Allen worked at one point. He was fired some 3 months before Dee was murdered (not "one week," as claimed on p. 263 of the yellow book).

Brian_d
Username: Brian_d

Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 4:27 am:   

I believe Leo admitted years later that it was he who was making calls to his sister's home phone. I seem to remember he didn't admit it at the time because it concerned drugs.

Ray
Username: Ray

Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 1:39 pm:   

Brian is correct. This information is contained in the police report, but it doesn't say that Leo stated the location from where he made his call(s). Of course he could have mentioned it but it's not in the report.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration