Allen's will... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Arthur Leigh Allen » Allen's will... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 12:35 pm:   

I added it as part of my Dec. 20, 2006 update. Pretty interesting stuff...

Joanne_in_mb
Username: Joanne_in_mb

Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 3:28 pm:   

Very interesting, indeed! One thing stands out to me. In the will, Allen hands down his valuables -- boats, cars, computer equipment, etc. And then he bequeaths his "left-handed scissors". Why would he put something as mundane as a pair of scissors in his will? And why would he make it a point to indicate that they were left-handed scissors? It's as if Allen wanted to draw attention to the fact that he was left-handed. But why?

http://www.JoAnnesPage.net

Kevin
Username: Kevin

Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 6:54 pm:   

After reading his will, he does not come across (to me) as someone with a disaffected personality. This will and several of his other letter shows he does have a few close bonds with people/friends and is giving away things to those who he feels were loyal to him, and that he was hurt by his brother and sister in law. I don't know, this just doesn't seem to me like how Zodiac would be. I'm convinced more than ever that he was not Zodiac and is probably a victim of sorts. Interesting character, probably not Zodiac.

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 7:08 pm:   

I'm not sure I'd refer to a convicted pedophile as a "victim." If Allen had any problems, he brought them on himself...

Yarbchris
Username: Yarbchris

Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 7:18 pm:   

I've always felt that Allen, in some twisted way, thought it was somewhat "cool" to have been a suspect in the Zodiac case. I believe that is why he possessed most of the items that made him look guilty. Yes, he complained about the way authorities treated him, but he seemed to enjoy the media attention just the same. Whether or not he was the Zodiac, the world is a lot better place without him.

Tom_voigt

Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 7:38 pm:   

Supposedly Allen received his Zodiac watch prior to the killer's debut, so there could have been no plan there. Ditto Allen's Riverside activity.

Tom_voigt

Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 7:41 pm:   

Kevin, I wouldn't be so quick to classify Zodiac as having an uncloakable disaffected personality -- just look at Dennis Radar and Gary Ridgway, not to mention Ted Bundy. They cloaked it quite well.

Whoever he was, the Zodiac's letters were obvious publicity stunts and he adapted them at will to suit the occasion.

Yarbchris
Username: Yarbchris

Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 9:15 pm:   

snip- Supposedly Allen received his Zodiac watch prior to the killer's debut, so there could have been no plan there. Ditto Allen's Riverside activity. -endsnip

Allen was into diving, so I don't find it unusual that he would have the watch. Also, I understood the watch was a gift.

I haven't ruled anyone (of the suspects) out completely, I think that would be a mistake at this point. Allen is definitely a very strong suspect. Personally, I just don't feel that he is the Zodiac --even after reading the compelling yellow and blue.

What made the investigators believe that ALA was in Riverside at the time of the murder?

J_eric
Username: J_eric

Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 10:41 pm:   

The purported Will is invalid! In California, typewritten Wills must be signed by the testator and bear the signatures and addresses of 3 witnesses. There is no provision for storing them on electronic media. California does recognize a holographic will, but it must be entirely in the decedent's handwriting (not typing) at least so far as I know.

There is another glaring oversight in the Will: no dispensation of MONEY like bank accounts, stocks, etc. Only personal items (and some of rather paltry value) are set out. Weird.

Breakout
Username: Breakout

Posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 5:59 am:   

There was mention of dispensing whatever money he had left in a bank account in one version.

Scott_ben
Username: Scott_ben

Posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 6:08 am:   

One thing that if I may say is diffrent about Allen the the list of killers Tom listed is, Allen, seems to have quite a sense of humor be it somewhat of a quirky and dark one. Radar was something of a rigid by the books time of personality. Ridgeway comes across as sort of a dullard. Bundy while charming to woman had only a veneer of normalicy, which kind of wore off once people got to know him. This guy had long term friendships with people it seems, which is not something you would normally see in a serial killer. Of course Zodiac was hardly the normal Serial Killer.

Johno
Username: Johno

Posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 9:45 pm:   

So it appears that Allen had a lot of friends. Harold Huffman, Bill Huffman, Romulus Matthews, Lance Taylor, Sharon, Glenn, Norman, Connie, Mark, Jim, Luanne, Dr. William ___, Mrs Pat___. Huffman seems like he knew the longest. Is anything else known of these people? Did he know any of them during the time of the Zodiac? Did any of these people vouch for him not being Zodiac if they knew him during those years or were able to provide alibi's? Have these people all been interviewed on their opinions and observations of Allen?

Johno
Username: Johno

Posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 11:31 pm:   

So it appears that allen had a lot of friends. Harold Huffman, Bill Huffman, Romulus Matthews, Lance Taylor, Sharon, Glenn, Norman, Mark, Jim Luanne, Dr. William ___, Mrs. Pat ___. Huffman seems like he knew the longest. Is anything else known of these people? Did he know any of them during the time of the Zodiac? Did any of these people vouch for him not being Zodiac if they knew him during those years or were able to provide alibi's? Have these people all been interviewed on their opinions and observations of Allen?

Sandy
Username: Sandy

Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 7:42 pm:   

Who got the Zodiac watch ? I think it would have been very interesting if he would have mentioned the watch. He didn't use the words "I shall" either. None of what he wrote had the "voice" of the old Zodiac.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration