The Sandy Thread, Part 3 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Other Zodiac Suspects » General Suspect Discussion » The Sandy Thread, Part 3 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 5:04 pm:   

Continued from here.

Curious Cat (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 9:27 am:   

The "Celebrity Cipher" postcard was postmarked on September 25, 1990, which coincided with 102nd anniversary of Jack the Ripper's "Dear Boss" letter, which was received by Central News Agency on September 27, 1888.

Lake Berryessa attack coincided with the 81st anniversary of the arrival of "Dear Boss" letter. Similarly, the arrival of the "Celebrity Cipher" postcard coincided with the 102nd anniversary of the arrival of "Dear Boss" letter. The arrival of the "Celebrity Cipher" postcard also coincided with 21st anniversary of the Lake Berryessa attack. It should also be noted that 1990 was also the year that the Zodiac was carrying out its 21-day cycles of terror in New York City. Heriberto (Eddie) Seda was later arrested and convicted for the Zodiac attacks in NYC.

Here is a link to Dear Boss letter http://www.casebook.org/ripper_letters/

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 1:09 pm:   

The Celebrity Cipher should have been postmarked 9-27, not 9-25. There was no guarantee that it would arrive on the LB anniversary. As I explained in previous posts, the card is a fake, so there's no need to even worry about it anymore.

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 8:17 am:   

I believe Sandy feels the card was sent by her suspect. She obtained a copy of it from a friend with VPD. Also, the reference to Sandy Beaches could be a reference to her.

Even if the card is a fake, it is still a nice piece of evidence to compare to the real thing!

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 10:00 am:   

Feelings are irrelevant. What are the facts?

Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 12:05 pm:   

I have done some research regarding the "Celebrity Cipher" postcard's stamp after reading posts from folks who even disputed the gender of the person depicted on the stamp.

To be exact, the 25-cent stamp was issued in the literary art series by United Postal Serivce on 18 April 1990 in order to commemorate Pulitzer prize winning American poet Marianne Moore, who was born on November 15, 1887 and died on February 5, 1972.

Here is a link to a first day cover of this stamp and relevant info (http://www.unicover.com/EA4OAQDV.HTM).

I have also uncovered that the standard postage rate for mailing a postcard in 1990 was 15 cents (http://www.prc.gov/rates/postcardhistory.htm). In short, whoever mailed that postcard with a "Marianne Moore" stamp used 10 cents more if it was a standard postcard.

Marianne Moore was born about a year before the rise of Jack the Ripper in Whitechapel.

Sandy
Username: Sandy

Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 1:00 pm:   

curious cat, That is some interesting information you posted. Thank you. The "fact" remains that VPD kept this card and should have sent it to DOJ, where they have the right people to look at it. Just because Ed says it is a fake, it is not a fact that it is yet .This card could also be( even though the date is not june 63)about the Santa Barbara beach killings.

SF Nite Rider (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 1:44 pm:   

CC, Well done! Now It's plainly visible just who is on the stamp... But, I swear that it looked like David Letterman to me on VJO Daves original posted pic. LOL

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 5:46 pm:   

San Franciscan Nights--LOL

Sandy-I had not connected this with the 63 attack near Gaviotta. Good point. The arrow on the front could be pointing to that area.

CC--good work. I found it helpfull to what I am researching.

Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 10:16 pm:   

Celebrity Cipher was invented by Luis Campos, who originally came from Dominican Republic in 1948. He later settled in Los Angeles. In case anyone wishes to contact him, here is his contact info: http://www.writersregister.com/artists/CA299

Luis Campos is an award winning poet. Currently, United Feature Syndicate runs his "Celebrity Cipher" six days a week in over 400 newspapers in the United States.

Luis Campos also has a son named Larry.

As it is, I have posted enough info for VPD to figure out that this "Celebrity Cipher" was sent to Sandra (Sandy) Betts in care of Vallejo-Times Herald.

Liquid Sky (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 7:35 pm:   

Sandy, what was the atmosphere like in Vallejo concerning the Zodiac prior to the Paul Stine murder? Was the buzz around town and at the diner about the Zodiac? Was it the talk of the town? And to what degree would you say, on a daily basis? Virtually everywhere you went?

Sandy

Posted on Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 4:45 pm:   

Liquid Sky,We didn't go out to lovers lanes for sure,except the crazy ones like me. Buzz Gordon and I tried to bait the Z by parking in areas we thought he would strike.I offered myself as a decoy to VPD,but they told me it would take too much man power to do that, and that they didn't know when or where he would strike.Yes there was a lot of talk ,it got much worse when the threat of shooting the children as they got off of the school bus hit the paper.I lived close to the school in Napa.You know when I go to Vallejo even now, they are still talking about the Zodiac.I went to a restaurant on Sonoma Blvd.Vallejo a few weeks ago, I asked if anyone had seen the man in my picture ? They asked me who he was, I said that "I" believe he is the Zodiac killer.A man at the counter told me that he has been hunting the Z for all these years ! He said that back when they had his composite in the paper,he was sitting next to a man he felt could be the Z. He said the man saw him looking at the composite and put his paper up between them, as if he was trying to hide his face. He said the man drove away in a cheve.And that he did look like the composite.Another time I was at the Wharf restaurant Vallejo, and over heard two waitress's talking about a strange man they thought could be the Zodiac.Z would be happy to know that he is still feared in the Vallejo area.

Sandy

Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 9:51 pm:   

Curious Cat,It was a ex Vallejo policeman who recieved the copy from a VPO. That officer was in hot water for giving a copy to the ex cop. I have swapp meets with a few friends, some are ex LE.I am not sure which one gave me the copy,but it wasn't sent to me in care of VTH.The editor B.Tate and I were friends at that time before he moved out of state. He wrote to me for a few yrs. asking about my suspect.He put a writer in touch with me in 1990 ,because he felt I had the best Z information he had heard in the past 25 yrs.The writer was warned by myself, that he might get a death threat. A woman who was going to write my story was threatend, if she did the story her son would recieve harm.The writer in 1990 recieved a death threat.He forgot to turn on his recorder! He told me that at first the man said : you are a dead man.When the writer said what? the man said: you are sick. Then he hung up. The voice was flat and slow talking, very taunting.

Sandy

Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 10:11 pm:   

Thanks Dave,For backing me up, I am sure that the only person who knows anything for sure would be the Z himself, and that is a "fact". Most all of the letters I send take 2 days,except the ones that are out of state.1990 was the yr. that my suspect caused me to stop working, by trying to grab me in broad day light in front of many people.He was in a rage at that time, because I was reporting him to the police.I think that was the same yr. that someone placed a call to VPD from Lake Tahoe,about Art Allen telling him something about the Stine shooting. Allen called him a punk.

Socal
Username: Socal

Posted on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 7:50 pm:   

Sandy.....In Graysmiths book "Zodiac", what was your suspects name??

**Pardon me, if it has been stated. I looked and didn't see it.

Sandy

Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 6:17 am:   

socal,none of my suspects were in R.G.'s books. I didn't get their names untill 1990. The first one was R.H. then Kane after I picked him out of a picture line up. The others became suspects because they let Kane use their cars to follow me. I was able to get their tag numbers and from there I looked at where they lived in 68 /69.I have seen R.H. and Kane together. Tom has a lot of information on Larry Kane,look at his suspect list. Are you from Socal Ca. ?

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 8:30 pm:   

Yes, I live in San Diego.

Socal

Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 8:31 pm:   

Sorry about that.....Yes, I live in San Diego.

Sandy

Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 9:56 am:   

socal,There were some z like killings in the SanDiego area, do you recall any ? While I was there visiting my sister in the mid 90's, a man would call her apt. from down stairs. (you have to get buzzed in).He would say : I want to come up let me in. This went on every night that I was there ,it stopped the day I left. I thought it was very strange.Everyone in my family has been botherd by my suspect. He would use the same words to each one, that is how I knew it had to be the same person. Nancy Slover has discribed my suspects voice, except he talks a bit slower than that. Even though he sounds like he is reading it, he wasn't reading when he spoke to me, yet he had that reading from a note sound.

Socal

Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 9:08 pm:   

There are about 25-30 unsolved murders from approx. 1984 thru 1990. At one time, there were over 30 and a task force was assembled by SDPD, called the San Diego Metropolitan Task Force.

They were in contact with Seattle detectives, because at one time, they thought that the Green River Killer may have moved from Seattle to San Diego. (The killings in Seattle stopped and the San Diego murders started at about the same time).

I believe that the SDMet Task Force found that the Green River Killer was not involved, and solved about 6 of the murders. There are still many unsloved from that era.

Sandy

Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 1:08 am:   

Socal, Thanks I didn't know there were that many. I found some that were couples killed in the 70's ,while I was down there checking on David Carpenters report ( The Trailside killer).I was looking for paper trails on all of the suspects that I knew of.I found some papers on Bryan Hartnell (probates) .That was how I got his address.

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 7:02 pm:   

Sandy, sounds like you have had some wild times. Is your stalker into the occult?

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 10:46 pm:   

Sandy, if you google..."San Diego Metropolitan Task Force", you can find more on it.

Sandy

Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 8:58 am:   

Anonymous, I believe he is, because he has put a burnt upsidedown cross in my front yard.He also painted a circle of color on my fence and did the same to Pam's ( Darlenes sister)tree a few yrs. before. Hers was in Red mine was in a cream color. We lived near each other in the 80's and was bothered by the same man long before meeting each other.This is what help to confirm that the man could very well be the Zodiac.He did tell her he was the Zodiac, by phone he has never told me that.He did however scratch a large Z on one of my men friends car.He also drew his logo on the ground next to my car.

Sandy

Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 9:03 am:   

Unregistered Guest, Thanks I will check it out.

Sandy

Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 9:11 am:   

On the news this morning,was a suspicious fire on "Mt Diablo" near "Clayton". It was spotted at 12:30am. This is one of many over the past few months in this area. Last nights fire was close to "Marsh Creek" rd.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 9:17 am:   

Sandy, maybe Ted K got loose and is camping over there!--LOL.

Armin Meiwes (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 9:54 am:   

Sandy,

Is this person still "bothering" you, meaning, recently has he done anything?

Sandy

Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 4:15 pm:   

I haven't seen him for at least 6 months now. I still get phone calls from someone who just wants to hear my voice ( which he has told me he likes). I have told him that I would leave him alone, if he would stop bothering me, maybe that has worked. I expected to hear from him on 6/6/06, nothing happend but a loud thump on my bedroom wall which woke me up.He sometimes lets as many as 5 yrs go by ,then when he thinks I least expect it,he shows up in front of my home.He used to sit on top of a hill that over looks my street. I wanted to be sure it was him, the only thing I had with a sight on it was my rugger 44 riffle. I went to the side of my house where my neighbors couldn't see me, and pointed the riffle towards the perp on the hill. He took off in a cloud of dust ! I think he thought I was going to shoot him LOL ! When I get lemons I make lemonade. He use to scare me,not anymore.When he would call and talk to me, I would shake for a long time after.If it is him still calling,it is just to let me know he is still around, that I am ok with.

Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 9:00 pm:   

Sandy,

You have more control than I.. I would have taken him out years ago!!!!

Sandy

Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 4:58 pm:   

SF Nite Rider, I will but only in self defence.He knows that if he kicks down my door, I will use my shot gun ,it is loaded and ready. I chased him once in my back yard with a old 25 cal.pistol (it jammed on me) and he laughed after he went over the fence.He who laughs last laughs best !

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 5:26 pm:   

Sandy, dead or alive. Had you shot him in the back while he was running away you would be in a hell of a trouble.

He knows it too.

Another thing, which is just my opinion, he did not want to gut you back in 68 or 69 because you were too old for him

You have the stats from california. Are they not young and nimble young girls? He just enjoys to occasionally needle you because he is a sick and dangerous old creep.

Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 5:51 pm:   

Sandy,

What you do is let em' have it in the yard, then you drag him inside and say, "he's dead right where I shot em'" LOL

Sandy

Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 5:54 pm:   

Unregistered Guest, I didn't look my age even back then. Darlene and I dated the same guys, so as far as I know he may have thought we were the same age.Don't forget it all started with a love letter,so if he knew my age it didn't seem to bother him then or now.What is it about your wording that makes me feel you are very close to him ?

John Hanson (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 6:49 pm:   

Sandy,

Thanks for reading my post from the other thread. I want to let you know the ONLY technique utilized was pattern recognition. Something I viewed as rather innocuous has taken a turn for the worse thus far in regards to my posting. I would like to suggest the following:

1. Have a psychologist identify the condition which a person is compelled to fill the available space on a page with their writing or symbology. (Hopefully there is one observing this site and will approach you.)
2. The Zodiac logo on your sample. His identity and prized possession, practiced I would imagine a thousand times. Have your handwriting expert compare that to the existing Zodiac logo exemplars.

Mark P (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 7:19 pm:   

Actually, there is a 5 letter and an 8 letter word that appear twice each (top first two words on the left, and bottom two on the right). I would suggest that, since it's a "celebrity cipher," a solution would likely contain a celebrity's name that has 5 letters for his or her first name and 8 for the surname. Oh, and the cipher must contain said name twice.

Howabout Clint Eastwood? I don't know anything about codes, but it would be a relevant celeb to the case. }

Sandy

Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 10:24 am:   

John Hanson, Thank you for taking the time to look at the letter my stalker left for me. The hand writing expert was not my expert ,he was working for Oakland LE. The DA in Oakland whom I was dateing at that time, had the expert look at it for me.I also had it blown up to check to see if it could have been traced from other Zodiac known letters. I could see trailing at the end of each letter suggesting the letter was done in a hurry,and not traced. Again thank you.

Sandy

Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 11:12 am:   

Mark P. The letter I was referring to for John to look at wasn't the Celeb. note, it is the one on Sandy's thread number 1.The Clint Eastwood name is a good guess though for the Celeb.cipher. I see it as a clue to Robt.Domingos.We know that the letter D was used for the Z logo , so the first letter could be D. The name Robt. is pretty easy to see I believe. He may think that when he kills someone, that makes them a celebrity, do to all the attention they get. His thinking is different than ours, sometimes it is very childish. He is not a well man, so to try and make sense out of what he does is hardly possible. The date of sending the note (on the 25th )he knew that "most' letters take two days to arrive. Myself I believe he is still alive and can't help but write from time to time.If he were to send a typed letter and it wasn't from the old one he had 37 yrs ago, the police would think it was a prank.His printing may have changed enough that it looks like a prank as well.My printing has changed just in the past 10 yrs.I am sure that "if" he still had some of Stines shirt he would have sent it just to prove it was him, or he is saving it for when he dies just to show us he was around for a longer time than some think.He could enjoy the idea that people think he is dead,and every once in a while send something like the Celeb. note to to make us wonder. ( just throwing in some thoughs out there)

Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 7:05 pm:   

Sandy,

I think your right. And IMO he is still out there and quite possibly watching this site with regularity.. Doing alot of laughing at all the bickering and fighting caused by his actions.. I do believe he has posted before too... JMHO

PS.. your also right about the first letter being "D"

Sandy

Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 6:32 pm:   

SF Nite Rider, I am very sure that he is as well.He is clever enough to post and not be noticed. Posting something very much like unregistered guest did,trying to get a dig in and using words like "gut you", which was done to a friend of mine (by my suspect I am very sure) on my birthday, and "needle" you,a word used by the Zodiac in his 7 page letter mailed 11/9/69.

Armin Meiwes (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 1:43 pm:   

Sandy,

If you really thought that the post made by "unregistered guest" was your person of interest, have Tom track the IP and see if it comes back to your POI's city.

Sandy

Posted on Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 12:34 am:   

Armin Meiwes, If Tom felt that he was my POI,he would have done it. Tom is a very busy person,I don't like to bother him with my problems.Besides I would like to hear more from who ever this guy is.Once a person who claimed to be Larry Kane posted a message to me. Tom took it off very fast. Tom told me that he didn't think it was from Larry Kane, I would have liked to see what he wanted to tell me just in case it was Kane.Who ever he was he wanted me to email him, I don't have his E address so that didn't happen.Maybe he will read this and tell me what it is.He has my phone number, all he has to do is call.But then as Ed would say : It could be anybody.I agree it could, just as it could be him as well.The chances of it being him are far better than not.He won't stop until he is dead, and he is still alive and well.

Sandy

Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 4:58 pm:   

I just went to the thread "Zodiac spotted in phone booth". They have been posting about the color of the car the killer drove that Mike M. saw on 7/4/69. The car that my perp drove in 68 was brown for sure. It did look a lot like Dee's car, but it was more of a light root beer color with a gold look to it, a few shades darker than tan. Over the yrs I looked for that kind of car and its color. I found that the Mercury Comet early 60's was the car I saw. I found one with a color that was close, but it was faded and didn't have any gold in the paint.I thought about it later , how fitting for the Z to have had a Mercury Comet.

Sandy

Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 1:43 pm:   

Tim Lovett,I saw that you posted here but somehow it didn't show up ? Please post it again, it could have happend because it was being moved from the Public post to General.Thank you.

Sandy

Posted on Friday, August 04, 2006 - 5:21 pm:   

Has anyone watched the story on Molly Bish ? On June 27th 2000 Molly was given a ride by her mother, who noticed a older man sitting in his car smoking. She had a bad feeling about this man she had seen just the day before Molly disappeared.Molly was just 16 about to turn 17 in a few days, she wa a lifeguard at Comins Pond at the beach in MA.To learn more about her murder go to Mollybish@.org and see the composite drawing of the poss. perp.

Sandy

Posted on Friday, August 04, 2006 - 5:27 pm:   

I just tried to post about Molly Bish, and it hasn't posted.Very interesting story and composite drawing of a very old killer who looks like a fat Mexican. Or should I say like my suspects picture ?

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Friday, August 04, 2006 - 7:15 pm:   

Sandy, I'm glad you are still alive and your suspect did not get you yet. LOL--VD.

Sandy

Posted on Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 10:10 am:   

Thanks Dave, I like you to. He can't have any more fun with me if he kills me. I been told that I am a lot of fun.I give him the attention he craves I guess, plus I know how to cheer him up lol. I heard that he was back in the Vallejo area in the late 80's, he spoke to a young man reading the yellow book, and told him that he was a fan of the Zodiacs.This man ( my suspect)gave the young man a new book signd it with: "I thought you might like a autographed copy", with a z logo under that! That is exactly why I needed his picture out there. I would love to know where he was on June 26th 2000 ( the 30 yr. anniversary date of the Mt Diablo/ Phillips map)Molly Bish was taken the next day near water.Her mother believes it was the man she saw the day before just sitting and smoking in his car.It reminded me of the L.B. man. Anyone who believes that the Z stopped killing needs to re-think.Not that he was the man who got Molly ,I have no idea. But he sure looks like my guy.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 10:50 am:   

Wasen't Bob's Big Boy near Kaiser Hospital? Maybe your suspect was receiving out patient treatment when he gave that book to the young man.

Sandy

Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2006 - 12:41 pm:   

Vallejo Dave, Yes that was one.I never thought that he could have been a out patient there, but that is a good thought.I do have some paper work that he ( or someone with the same name)was a outpatient at the mental hospital in Santa Rosa durring the killings there.One of the victims was a tray person at the hospital.Maybe he stopped to visit Art Allen while in town ? The boy who recieved the autographed Z book,can't remember where the book went.I have been looking for it in used book stores everywhere I go.

Sandy

Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 12:24 pm:   

Today is the anniversary of the Lake Berryessa stabbing death of Cecelia Shepard.I hope someone will replace the flowers we put at her grave site last yr. at this time.

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 6:01 pm:   

This thread has been moved to the "Other Zodiac Suspects General Suspect Discussion" topic.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration