Prints- 2/6/74 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Other Zodiac Suspects » All Other Zodiac Suspects » Prints- 2/6/74 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Deoxys
Username: Deoxys

Posted on Friday, June 23, 2006 - 10:56 pm:   

I decided to post a matter of speculation about my person of interest, BC, whose personal thread got wiped out by the board meltdown. It relates to what I see as strong similarities between BC's 1974 art piece entitled Prints and Z's 1974 Exorcist Letter.

The Exorcist Letter, presuming this was sent by Z, was mailed by Z on January 29,1974- 34 months after his last letter to the Los Angeles Times. Many posters have commented on the fact that it lacked Z's circle and cross symbol and lacked any mention of the name Zodiac. That, in combination with the reference to suicide (he plunged himself into a billowy wave...), appear to signify that this may have been something of a "farewell" letter from Z. It could possibly indicate that Z was intent on suicide but I think it is more likely that Z was retiring the "Zodiac" persona or at least distancing himself from being "Zodiac".

Below is BC's Prints work from his recent artbook entitled 2000 B.C. The (BC) Story Part II (p.176 in the "Escape Artist" chapter):

Prints

BC initiated his Prints work by supposedly having himself fingerprinted at the Palo Alto Police Department on 2/6/74, eight days after Zodiac's Exorcist letter was mailed. The work shows a photo of a man being fingerprinted from behind along with the full finger and handprints taken 2/6/74, and the lockbox key on a card labeled "13/20". The items are apparently laid out to be placed in a metal lockbox labeled "13". The work is certainly open to interpretation but it appears to me that an element or persona of the artist (who has always claimed to have multiple personalities) is being symbolically "locked away". Prior to this work, BC had refused to sign any of his artwork for the previous 3 1/2 years, roughly the same time period between Z's last signed letter in 1971 and his unsigned Exorcist letter.

I honestly question whether the prints and photo shown actually belong to BC himself because of his propensity for playing games with his own identity and using imposters to pose as himself at art exhibitions. I also find it very interesting that the Exorcist letter was apparently the only letter from which obvious prints were obtained and palm prints are easily visible on photos of the letter.

http://www.zodiackiller.com/ELHR.html

The timing of BC's Prints work is also very interesting since it appears to be the first work he had taken credit for producing since 1967. From 1967-1971, BC completely withdrew from the art world and society, working menial jobs and refusing to exhibit or display any of the artwork he produced during this time. In 1972, in response to an information request from the Who's Who In America publication, he succeeded in having himself listed as "deceased" in this publication. In 1973, he exhibited some of the artwork produced during 1970-1972 but still declined to acknowledge this as his own work, exhibiting it as The Dennis Hopper One Man Show Vol. 1-3. None of these pen & ink drawings are signed by BC.

BC has always explored themes of good & evil and the dual nature of human beings in his artwork. I can't help but wonder about BC's choice of boxcover artwork for his 2002 BC collection of short films. To me, it seems to represent the dual nature of the artist, both light and- well... you get the idea...

2002BC

The comparison here is, of course, speculative, and I have no desire to debate the merits of BC as a suspect. I'm just curious how others might interpret this particular work.

Sandy
Username: Sandy

Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 2:49 pm:   

Deoxys, Interesting but I missed the post of how you ran into this guy ? What was it that he did that made him a Z suspect in your eyes ? I find all of the suspects interesting and how they became suspects.I didn't find my suspect he found me,and in turn I checked him out . It just turned out that he was a Z suspect by others,other than myself. One heck of a coincidence in my book.

John_prisk
Username: John_prisk

Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 4:28 pm:   

just a little fyi there Deo - your suspects name clearly appears on the inlay card of that DVD - I dont know if you want it spread around or not, but refering to him as "B.C." isnt really protecting his identity anymore...

Deoxys

Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 7:11 pm:   

I know, JP, I know. I've tried to be very careful about posting easily identifiable info. but it is hard to express the ideas without disclosing BC's identity. If I had the ability, I'd pixelate the name but, as you can tell from the photo, I'm a cybertard. :-(

I agree that posting speculation about a private citizen with no known criminal record is dangerous and I have no desire to smear anyone's name as a Zodiac "suspect". I can only restate that I'm posting observations- not accusing BC of anything. If he's ever investigated and cleared, I will be the first to apologize.

I'll leave it to Tom to delete anything deemed inappropriate on the message board.

Sandy: It would be hard to give a brief explanation and the initial discussion of BC got wiped out by the board meltdown. I was ironically investigating BTK, who fancied himself as an artist and poet and was said to have made "photo lab quality drawings" of crime scenes and likely developed his own photos.

Of course, we now know BTK was a lousy artist and poet but BC's growing up on Old Manor Rd. in Wichita (the return street address of Rader's initial communication in 2004) sparked my interest. There are too many ideas to post here but I find the idea of someone living on Old Manor Rd. in Wichita AND Jackson St. in San Francisco to be an incredible piece of Zynchronicity.

John_prisk
Username: John_prisk

Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 12:43 am:   

Right on Deo - I just wanted to give ya a heads up. I bet Tom could pixilate that part for ya and re-post it. Anyhoo I just wanted to make sure ya knew - interesting stuff by the way...

Deoxys

Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 9:59 pm:   

Many thanks to whoever formatted the pic (Tom?).

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration