Zodiac\Kaczynski\K. Johns\Hollowman Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Other Zodiac Suspects » Ted Kaczynski » Zodiac\Kaczynski\K. Johns\Hollowman « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hawk
Username: Hawk

Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 5:33 am:   

I came across the unsolved Jennifer Hollowman case in california which got me thinking. http://www.stanislaussheriff.com/crimebulletin/uns olved/cases/ . Just scroll down till you see Jennifer Hollowman and read the case, DUH.

The Hollowman's lived at 6437 Woodland ave, Modesto, ca. This location is only 18 miles from Tracy,ca. where K. Johns claimed she was takin for a ride.

If you have Google Earth please type in the Hollowman address so that you can get a perspective on what I'm talking about.

The location looks like a place a schoolbus would stop, therefore, I began to think, did Zodiac learn how to make a bomb and was following through with his threat to blowup a schoolbus? Remember, the tool box was found NEAR the Hollowman house by some kids. So, was the tool box placed in a location where a school kid would find it, then take it on the bus with him in the morning, then open it?

I e-mailed the detective incharge of the case to ask, was the bomb parts ever cross checked against Ted Kaczynski's work? Did the tool box have a lock on it? But, like usual they won't give me the time of day.

If you draw a straight line from BRS to the Hollowman house, BRS, LHR, Tracy ca and the Hollowman house almost line up. It's 62 miles from the Hollowman house to LHR. It's 65 miles from the Hollowman house to Berkley College. I found that odd.

So, to sum it all up, did Zodiac plant a tool box with a bomb intended for a school kid to carry it on a bus? Or, was it Ted K testing out a new bomb? Or, is Doug Oswell right and Ted K was Zodiac? What do you think?

Douglas_oswell
Username: Douglas_oswell

Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 9:36 am:   

It's hard to speculate, Hawk, given the limited information at hand. Kaczynski did hand-place at bomb at Berkeley, disguised to look like a piece of scientific apparatus, in July of 1982. If anything, I'd want to know all about the victims; as much of their personal history as possible. They don't sound offhand like the kind of people who would have gotten Kaczynski's goat. But you never know!

Obiwan
Username: Obiwan

Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 9:59 am:   

As Douglas indicates, TK was targeting scientists & engineers at the time (1982). Also, TK (like Z) was aiming for the public spotlight, which this case didn't attract, as evidenced by the fact that none of us had heard of it until Hawk brought it up.

I suppose the device could be left over from the Zodiac days (c.1970) , but it seems unlikely that it would continue to work for 12 years. Checking with google maps, the location of this crime, near modesto, is about at the 4 O'Clock position on Zodiac's Phillips 76 map.

If you Zoom out on
this map you can see the locations. Mt. Diablo is near Walnut Creek

Hawk

Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 1:23 pm:   

What I'm trying to stress, is that the tool box was found Near the Hollowman's house by some kids. Thus, the Hollowman's may not have been the intended victims. This opens the door for other possibilities.

Yarbchris
Username: Yarbchris

Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 4:42 pm:   

A similar incident, different locale, over a decade later:

http://www.state.il.us/court/opinions/AppellateCou rt/1997/1stDistrict/November/HTML/1961682.txt

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 4:53 pm:   

Ted didn't seek direct publicity for the Unabomber crimes until his first successful kill in 1985. I think he wanted to ensure that he had something really "positive" to brag about before going public.

Once again, I'd hate to go off on a tangent trying to tie every bombing attempt to Kaczynski, that is, unless I could see something I could really hang my hat on. With all due respect, Hawk, I'm not seeing anything here that's that unique. But keep digging around and maybe something will come up.

Obiwan, it's good to see you're still lurking around!

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 5:28 pm:   

Doug, I've changed my mind. I'm going to buy your book!

Modesto must be one of the weirdest towns in the USA.

Socal
Username: Socal

Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 5:42 pm:   

Are there alot of people on this board that think that Ted was Z?

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 5:46 pm:   

Good to know someone's going to buy it, Dave!

Johno
Username: Johno

Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 5:58 pm:   

He'll purchase it but whether he buys it is something else.

Hawk

Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 3:45 am:   

Doug, I tried to dig further but, If the Detective on the case won't return my e-mails then I don't have a snow balls chance of learning anything new. Hell, I thought you would jump all over this one since Ted K was at Berkley in 1982. It could also just have been a test bomb to see it's effect, Or, if you look at the location from Google Earth, you can see theres a huge farm there and perhaps that farmer was using new technology that Ted didn't like.

Yarbchris, That's almost the exact same story.

Socal, most registered posters have their own theories however, when the message board went public for a brief time, it seemed Doug Oswell had a huge fan club. If you don't already know, Doug is an author and has a website that explores Kaczynski\Zodiac connection. I found the handwriting comparison eye opening.

V dave, you own a book store and don't have Doug's book on your shelf? How could you deny your customers this? lol Don't feel bad I need to get over to his site again and purchase his book. Not to mention I owe Tom a big fat donation for this year also.

Socal
Username: Socal

Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 7:44 am:   

Hawk

Thanks. I didn't know that Doug had a site. I will check it out.

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 7:58 am:   

I'm talking about the new book, Hawk. I should get some copies and put them alongside Bugliosi and Capote! lol

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 9:45 am:   

Hawk, I hope you don't get the impression that I'm just being arrogantly dismissive. Right now I'm not and heavy into finishing up the new book, and I'm looking at it from a cost/benefit perspective. I appreciate your giving me a heads-up on what's here, and I'll definitely keep it in mind in case any further information turns up.

Unfortunately, my first book (co-authored with Mike Rusconi) is no longer available. Rusconi and I made a mad rush to get this thing into circulation, with the result that a lot of information was either incomplete or not included. A lot of new data regarding Zodiac has come to light since early 1998, thanks to the efforts of people like Tom, Mike Butterfield and Mike Rodelli. Additionally, we know vastly more about Kaczynski and have a lot more Kaczynski-related resources available. So while the theme of the book is still valid, and maybe interesting from an enthusiast's perspective, it really leaves a lot to be desired. What's more, I was never really satisfied with the "campy" feel of "Dr. Zodiac." Rusconi has long since lost interest in the connection, so I decided to spend some time putting together a definitive update on my own initiative. Hopefully The Unabomber and the Zodiac will offer readers a comprehensive view of the connection that they can get in one place and come away having all the information they need to make up their own minds one way or another.

One problem that I've experienced with publication is that I have no personal credential to show a prospective publishing house. I'm not a journalist, or a criminologist, or anything of the kind. That's going to make it difficult to find a conventional publisher, as it did with the first book. I'll give it a go, however, and if I can't get results I'll go the self-publishing route and make the book available on CD or DVD at a reasonable price. Not my first choice, but it's better than nothing, and at least the information will be made public in some form.

Hawk

Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 3:12 pm:   

Doug, I don't find you being arrogantly dismissive. Just dismissive. I got the impression you didn't find the Hollowman case significant after I e-mailed you about it earlier this year. Anyway, this case keeps buggin me and I thought I would present it to the rest of the posters for their input.

Colette
Username: Colette

Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 7:29 pm:   

Socal, sometimes I think Ted was Z, but my suspects change all the time. I would be interested in the book/cd/dvd when it comes out. Doug, please keep us informed.

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 9:37 pm:   

I'll do that, Colette.

Hawk

Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 3:09 am:   

Put me down for one Doug. FWIW, I'm all for the CD/DVD. Books kill trees.

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 10:19 am:   

I'm not all that sentimental about trees, Hawk; after all, they're a renewable resource; a crop as it were. But I admit I've grown rather fond of online reading, as long as the format is right. It's certainly less expensive than paper and ink, and I think that's one reason why a lot of good amateur writers don't get published--the risk a publisher takes on an untried writer is considerable, considering the material costs. I used to be a professional typesetter, and with the Dr. Zodiac CD I really knocked myself out making sure the text was legible and the format as user-friendly as I could get it. No, you can't take it to the bathroom (unless you either print it out or get a tablet PC) but with the CD you had everything in one place, including virtually unlimited graphics. With the availability of DVD format you can do even more. So I think that CD/DVD publishing is going to be significant in the future.

Hawk

Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 11:29 pm:   

Doug, your wrong, last Christmas my wife bought me a portable DVD player which plays DVD, VMA, MP3 and electronic book files with a 4x6 screen that I can sit on my lap a watch or listen to as I take a SHEEEEEIT.

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 12:35 am:   

He who reads on the porcelain stool,
Shall never be taken by me for a fool.
For who sits idly while dumpin'?
The philistine, the ass, the lumpen!

Warren
Username: Warren

Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 7:33 am:   

Do what I do - I replaced my computer chair with a portable toilet.

BTW - this country has more trees now than it has ever had in it's known history.

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 9:34 am:   

Petrochemical-based fertilizers and mechanized farming play a huge role in that, I think. We don't need anywhere near as much land as we used to need for agriculture, and the result is more area where trees can grow. And the lumber companies aren't about to let their most valuable resource disappear.

Hawk

Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 11:06 pm:   

Doug, I'm an operating engineer, I've killed more trees than I care to say. It's comming back to haunt me. FWIW, jump on the band wagon and follow the wave of the future, DVD!!!!!!!!!

Warren, your like psycho and stuff, I LIKE THAT!!!!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration