The Unabomber and the Zodiac Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Other Zodiac Suspects » Ted Kaczynski » The Unabomber and the Zodiac « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Douglas_oswell
Username: Douglas_oswell

Posted on Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 3:01 pm:   

Just a note that this afternoon I put the finishing touches on my new book The Unabomber and the Zodiac, outlining the similarities between my favorite suspect and the subject of our discourse here. In a couple of weeks I'll begin looking for a regular book publisher; failing that, I'll publish it myself in the same manner as "Dr. Zodiac." One way or the other, it will be available to all interested parties.

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 3:23 pm:   

Nice... looking forward to it!

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 4:11 pm:   

Thanks, Ed!

Socal
Username: Socal

Posted on Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 6:19 pm:   

I'm looking forward to reading it Doug.

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 6:47 pm:   

I hope you don't have to wait too long. I'm going to have to shop it around for at least a year before going to the other option. I'm really happy with how it turned out, and I'll be posting a chapter-by-chapter outline on my web page before too long.

Ratman
Username: Ratman

Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 8:58 am:   

Looking forward to it Doug.

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 9:40 am:   

Thanks, all. I think you'll find it very interesting and enlightening.

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 11:33 am:   

Doug, I'm surprised you didn't see this. Ted looks pretty dapper.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15946094/

Deoxys
Username: Deoxys

Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 11:54 am:   

I just saw that, VDave. Perhaps it will help to answer some more questions about Ted as Z. I'd love to see the code solution and all of the evidence coming out now.

Doug, just want to add my best wishes and good luck. I look forward to reading it as well.

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 2:27 pm:   

Thanks, Deoxys. I did see that CBS article at CBS.com. Despite what they say, there's nothing new in the information they "revealed"--it's all been put out by one source or another over the past ten years. Some of the images are quite interesting, and there's one thing especially that's causing me to go back and add to my manuscript before the ink is dry on the thing. As a matter of fact, Ross, if you're lurking around here, you might want to take a look at it too.

A couple other things are mildly interesting. First is that address label on the Crist package where Kaczynski's handwriting is obviously disguised. The second, which is in the video, is a listing of Kaczynski's first nine or ten years of journal designations, where the journals are actually categorized. This is important because there's another Kaczynski document extant (which I have a copy of) that shows, in his own hand, Kaczynski's efforts to "sanitize" those journals of anything incriminating. Now that we have the series numbers and the dates, we can see that he was sanitizing writings that he made from around June of 1969 through around the end of 1975--dates when, according to his other writings, he had yet to work up the nerve to commit crimes. Interestingly, there have never been any quotes made public from journal entries between mid-1966 and approximately summer of 1971.

Dave, yes; he's quite dapper when he cleans himself up. Dirty and disheveled isn't his natural style.

Colette
Username: Colette

Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 3:49 pm:   

I found the shoes with smaller soles attached at the bottom interesting. Sometimes he changed his shoe size when he did "his thing".

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 3:56 pm:   

I can't imagine him using those during any of his bomb placements, but he did quite a bit of sneaky stuff, such as arson, burglary, etc., in and around his home cabin in Montana.

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 4:54 pm:   

Arson, burglary, in Montana, lol. I find it interesting about the fake clews--smaller soles on shoes, 2 hairs that he found someplace, a wooden, metal fake pistol.

I will be purchasing your book when it is available.

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 5:46 pm:   

Thanks, Dave ... I'll even autograph it for you!

Incidentally, that pistol is a piece of work. Ted was quite versatile mechanically. The thing that really got me, though, was the miniature blasting cap he invented, that enabled him to send small but devastatingly powerful bombs through the mail.

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 3:23 pm:   

It may be a long time before anyone gets a chance to read the book, so I've put the preface to it on my web page to give everyone a basic idea of what's going to be there and where I'll be coming from.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration