New Kaczynski article at MSNBC Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Other Zodiac Suspects » Ted Kaczynski » New Kaczynski article at MSNBC « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Douglas_oswell
Username: Douglas_oswell

Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 7:58 am:   

This must be Ted Kaczynski week in the media. At any rate, MSNBC has posted a couple of interviews with David Kaczynski at its website. If you can make it through David's syrupy sententiousness without barfing or gagging, there are some interesting early photos of Ted that compare as favorably with the Zodiac composites as anything I've seen. The more interesting of the videos is the one labeled "David Kaczynski on his brother's mental illness."

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 7:22 am:   

I've uploaded some comparisons here.

Deoxys
Username: Deoxys

Posted on Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 11:55 am:   

Interesting stuff, Doug. Whether or not you think Ted was a Schizophrenic, his early pattern of behavior seems to fit the prodromal phase of Schizophrenia. The early pictures are quite passable for the Z composite sketches, IMO.

I've always thought that David Kaczynski's revelation in reading the Unabomber Manifesto is a perfect example of why any and all information (with a few exceptions) should be made available to the public. The extreme secrecy in the BTK case was a perfect example of how not doing so is irresponsible.

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 4:57 pm:   

Deoxys, I can't understand why the Kaczynskis keep going out of their way to paint Ted as psychotic--he's clearly not, as anyone who has followed his activities can attest. He's got some nutty ideas, but if that's all it took, there wouldn't be enough nuthouses to hold all the potential whack-jobs out there. He didn't have a happy young adulthood because he couldn't function socially, and that led him to develop a cockeyed way of looking at the world.

Incidentally, it wasn't David who first caught on. It was David's wife. If it had been just up to David, I doubt if Ted would ever have been caught, and I think Ted was counting on David to keep his mouth shut.

Deoxys
Username: Deoxys

Posted on Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 5:43 pm:   

I'm not necessarily saying that Ted had a psychotic disorder- just that the social withdrawal in adolescence or very early adulthood is often an early sign of Schizophrenia before any actual psychotic symptoms. Perhaps it's easier for the family to view Ted as "sick" than as a socially maladapted killer?

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 5:53 pm:   

Could be, Deoxys; could be. And Dave has found a niche for himself as spokesman of a New York organization that opposes the death penalty. But I have a sneaking suspicion that Dave at the very least suspected Ted of being the Unabomber, and maybe even something else.

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 2:26 pm:   

Here's an interesting link showing Ted with longish hair and sitting his his '67 Chevelle. What's that he's holding up to his chin? Looks like a piece of white clothesline to me!

Davidmm
Username: Davidmm

Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 3:20 pm:   

Are there any pictures of Dave K from the 60's & 70's?

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 4:34 pm:   

Not as many as of Ted, but yes, there are a few.

DaveK

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 5:05 pm:   

Geez, Ted looks like Blutarski in "Animal House", and Dave looks like a young Rick Nelson!

Doug, do you know if Ted was in a fraternity at UCB?

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 5:34 pm:   

Dave, Ted wasn't a student at UCB, but an acting assistant professor, on his way to tenure if he had wanted it. He did his undergrad work at Harvard and his Master's and PhD at Michigan, but in neither place did he belong to a fraternity--he didn't like organizations at all. (His Mom said he belonged once to the Sierra Club while at UCB, but I can't see him having much to do with it.) At Michigan he lived in a rented apartment next door to some "rowdy jocks" from the hockey team, and they nearly drove him crazy with their partying and sexual activity, so you can imagine he'd have wanted nothing to do with fraternity life.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration