Halloween Card Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Zodiac Letters » Oct. 27, 1970 Halloween Card » Halloween Card « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ericd
Username: Ericd

Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 8:54 pm:   

The Halloween card initially says "...spoil the game!" The skeleton covers up all but "oil... me"
Was Allen working at the Pinole oil refinery in Oct of 1970? I know he was in the summer of 1971.
More Allen zyncronicity?...

Ericd

Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   

per Graysmith's "Unmasked" p. 29,
Allen started at Union Oil on Sept 8th, 1970, less than 2 months before this letter was sent!

Ericd

Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 12:05 pm:   

Also notice how the legs of the skeleton cover up all but "Ha" in "Happy"

Ericd

Posted on Friday, June 23, 2006 - 5:58 pm:   

Notice how the eyes were drawn to look like U's.
There are 13 of the eyes - the original 13 states in the Union. The obvious 14's are there as a clue that a number is important.

Howard_davis
Username: Howard_davis

Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 9:55 pm:   

Ericd,
Have you seen Ryan's site The Zodiac Vortex under News?
See the Halloween card and the three '67 Notes.

L2829tad
Username: L2829tad

Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 11:28 am:   

Does anyone know what was used to write on a black card?All I can think of is chalk,white out,is there any such thing as a white marker?..
Just thinkin....Later.......thardu........

Seagull
Username: Seagull

Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 3:09 pm:   

Thardu I have wondered that myself. A white dressmaker's pencil? The white is used on dark fabric for marking darts, hems or embroidery patterns.

Breakout
Username: Breakout

Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 11:42 am:   

How about a white dressmaker's pencil that was previously used in the construction of a black hood?

Howard_davis

Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 3:24 pm:   

GS says it was "white ink" such as would be employed by an artist or draughstmen.

The thought that this white 'ink'could be a dressmaker's ink used for patterns and embroidery,etc.,is in line with my private or personal view that the Z costume could possibly have been made by a female.
For a male to go through the hassle and time of embroidering that symbol when he could easily have drawn it on with white ink is in my mind a point of interest,especially in light of my findings and theory!

See Lynette Fromme's and Sandra Good's amazing embroidery work on the net.They did this kind of work during the 1969/70 period.
Fromme was seen dying some clothing black.Some in the group wore black hoods for a ritual.See Sander's The Family. 2002 ed.FYI

Scott_ben
Username: Scott_ben

Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 11:09 am:   

The drawing in the left hand corner, has always seemed familiar to me, I don't know why. They remind me of runes.

http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/runic_scripts.gif

Scott_ben

Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 1:45 pm:   

Runes symbols were used by the Norse to do a form of fortune telling called runecasting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runecasting

The "SLA" letter is starting to interest me, more and more.

Scott_ben

Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 2:11 pm:   

WOW!

HERE IS A PAGE ON RUNECASTING!!

http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/layouts.html#Five

The diffrent methods of runecasting look alot like the zodiac's paradice/slaves cross, and his zodiac circle.

Anybody else see the resemblance?!!

Scott_ben

Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 2:18 pm:   

It seems angle aspects are also used in runecasting!!

http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/aspects.html

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 1:56 pm:   

Here's a new interpretation of the flange like symbol on the card. I've been looking at old Vallejo Speedway pictures. Imagine Z sitting in the stands at the Speedway ( there is a Z at the bottom of the symbol) As you look up towards the hills in back, which is partially the Borges property, the 4 dots could be nite lites at the Speedway, or the starter, finish lights. You have the 2 peaks and what looks like an F going to the SW. Ferrin, Farraday. The arms of the F could be pointing to BRS and LHR. All this would have to have placed Z at the racetrack sometime. American Canyon Rd goes off to the left in the pic I saw, which would fit in with his familiarity with LB area too. You can see the Crescent Drive In on Flosden Rd in the pic also. Some Vallejo Police officers were drivers and team members at the Speedway.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 2:07 pm:   

http://www.vallejospeedwayhardtops.homestead.com/t rack1.html

It's the 2nd pic down. You have to imagine a couple years later, with more lights, and a nighttime scene. Imagine the flange symbol transposed by the peaks.

Also, in the 3rd pic, I think you can make out Mt. Diablo.

J_eric
Username: J_eric

Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 12:22 am:   

Back to Ericd's musings: Union Oil made "76" brand gasoline. 7+6 = 13. So, another interpretation for the "13 eyes"?

While we're at it, has anyone else ever noticed that the letters above the center word "SLAVES" -
P
F A G
I U
R R N
E
... contain the name FERRIN ? I don't see the names of any other Z victim in that or the lower scramble. Could it be that Darlene Ferrin alone among his victims was known by name to Z before her death?

Sean
Username: Sean

Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 9:07 am:   

I supose when we used the term "twist of Fate" it could be applied to all victims, but it's particularly apt when applied to the death of Darlene. It was apparently only at the last minute that they decided to go to BRS.
I note from the reports that an R.O upon recieving the call at 12:10 stated that he had only checked the lot 15 minutes earlier and there were no cars. So Darlene and Z arrived there within minutes of each other at the very least.

I don't have anything particular to go on, but I believe if Z knew any of these victims it would have been Dee. I think it's something we should at least remain open minded about.He may even have known her by default, so to speak.

Johno
Username: Johno

Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 11:56 pm:   

Zodiac takes crecent moon shapes and makes them into eyes as if watching you through knotholes in a fence and there are eight of them to the left of the halloween card.
But he also uses the crecent moon shapes as moons and includes four of these at the bottom of the card next to the flange symbol, the letter Z and the crosshair symbol.
The letter Z he has previously included in other communications to refer to himself as the initialed abreviation of Zodiac, his so-called name.
The crosshair symbol he also uses as a symbol for The Zodiac, meaning himself.
If the flange symbol and the four crescent moons are appearing next to two known identifiers of Zodiac in the Z letter and the crosshair symbol then one has to wonder if they don't represent him as well.

The crescent moon that he depicts a total of 13 times in the card is facing east. That is a waxing moon meaning the the moon is moving toward becoming a full moon.
To complete that phase it takes 14 days.
He writes 4-teen above the skeleton's head and below the words "I'll clue you in..."
So 13 moons and 4-teen don't add up. Since he's into 4-teen and into making crescent moons why not make 14 moons.
But then if you go back up to the top of the card and the first skeleton where he writes 14 on the palm of the hand you'll find the 14th moon in the shape of the OK sign the skeleton is making. It faces east like the 13 waxing crescent moon do.

Johno
Username: Johno

Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 4:30 pm:   

It's halloween. Any thoughts on my above post of October 28?

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 5:02 pm:   

Z went to the "Pick Your Own Pumpkin" patch up by Half Moon Bay in San Mateo County, then went back to his motel room near the Cliff House, and composed the Card and Envelope writing. He got the idea for the Skeleton from the old Skeleton Lighthouse at Fort Point. He then passed out eyeball and finger candy to the kiddies. LOL--It's Halloween.

J_eric
Username: J_eric

Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 10:56 pm:   

In which case, the Martians have just destroyed Grovers Mills, NJ.

Breakout

Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 5:49 am:   

Good observations Johno...impressed.

Davidmm
Username: Davidmm

Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 11:29 am:   

I found this link in another thread, and it was calling attention to the old symbol for "Wide Flange", which has been the most common reference for the symbol on the Halloween Card's envelope.

http://www.tpub.com/content/construction/14251/css /14251_85.htm

The post didn't mention, if you look down to bottom of the list, the "new symbol" for "pipe" is Zodiac's circle and crosshairs extending outside the circle. It's hard to tell from the resolution, but there may be a tiny circle in the middle of the crosshairs too. Zincronicity?

Breakout

Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 12:42 pm:   

That is interesting, David. Looking at what you present I am not crazy about the wide-flange beam corrolation. After all, the true symbol had a full W as the underlying letter with the F made from the right side. The symbol on the Halloween card doesn't make a W--unless you turn it upside down. Anyway, this is not aimed at you, David. I am just thinking and typing.

Davidmm
Username: Davidmm

Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 5:23 pm:   

Personally, I think the rune theory is more believable, and they look more like the drawing. The "Wide Flange" term has been used repeatedly, just as a name for the shape, when discussing it. I've yet to see a real "wide flange" symbol that looked like a match.
I also like the idea that it's a graphic of the Golden Gate bridge.

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 5:26 pm:   

We refer to the symbol as the "wide flange beam" because, no matter what it truly represents, everyone knows what symbol we mean when we say it.

Howard_davis

Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 3:22 pm:   

Davidmm,
Since my guy was a journeyman pipefitter among other things,those symbols you link are of interest-only of interest though!

Z expert Dave Peterson told me he thought they were prison pig pen symbols combined.We,like Peterson,all have ideas and it's great sharing them here.

Howard_davis

Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 3:47 pm:   

Davidmm,
I found one of Dave's letters and comments on the 10/27/70 symbol:

"As you may recall,Z used the Delta triangle in three forms,filled-in,containing a dot and unfilled.And in a cipher,for the fourth letter,"D,"he used his cross-circle signature symbol plus a backward letter "F".In his new symbol in the Halloween message of 1970,he used a leaning "F",four dots[CM uses four dots Dave observed in some of his letters FYI]and the letter "F"from the Rosicrucian alphabet(also used in the pig-pen cipher,oddly enough.)"FYI

Dave was on the Z case since 12/20/68!He learned all he could about the case and researched many subjects relating to Zodiac,or from his perspective.He kept this up until his death.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration