Oct 5th, 1970- "The Pace Isn't Any Sl... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Zodiac Letters » Unconfirmed Zodiac Letters » Oct 5th, 1970- "The Pace Isn't Any Slower" « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Davidmm
Username: Davidmm

Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 3:05 pm:   

I've not noticed any discussion about the Oct 5th, 1970, clipart letter, mentioned in the Yellowbook, and on other web sites.

http://www.crimeshadows.com/images/zletters/pace.j pg

Any agreement on the validity of it? Is that one of the missing threads?

Is the word "Zodiac" and his symbol clipped from a watch ad or a headline? Were they combined on a Zerox machine?

It seems like any time you've got glue involved, there's a likely chance for particulate contamination from the enviroment. I assume that this was glued together.

Nachtsider
Username: Nachtsider

Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 8:18 pm:   

Davidmm, the fact that the 5-10-70 card was mailed in the wake of Zodiac's 'Little List' Letter and accurately presented this missive's body count of thirteen victims despite its contents not being released to the public at the time strongly hints of legitimacy.

The letters and numbers were cut out of the daily edition of the San Francisco Chronicle (no idea as to exactly which articles they came from), while the Zodiac symbol was constructed with strips of tape.

Glue was, indeed, involved in the crafting of this card, and I think that you are spot on about particles such as skin cells and hair getting stuck in the paste. In light of your theory and the fact that a cross was drawn in human blood near the middle of the card, testing it for DNA might yield some interesting results.

Davidmm

Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 8:52 pm:   

Exactly. "This Is The Zodiac Speaking" describes the cross in the middle as being drawn in human blood. I really can't imagine why someone hasn't DNA tested it before. Also, it says that the Zodiac symbol is made out of tape! The later, rambling, letter keeps saying that his name is under a tape, a piece of Scotch tape, a piece of metal tape, etc. To me, this postcard must be legit, for the reasons you mention, as well as others. If the later letter, which obsesses about tape, is also authetic, then perhaps someone should shine a bright light through the postcard and make darn sure that there's not something written under the tape!

This may be a stretch, but, hey, why not? ... The partial "Graysmith" solution to the 340 cipher says "slueth shall find a name under killer's film." Here we have the killer's symbol made out of tape and glue (both of which are a type of film.) According to the FBI files, Zodiac aparently sent a solution to the original three part cipher, so, perhaps he sent that explination for this card, as well.

Bomaye
Username: Bomaye

Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 7:05 am:   

Davidmm,

Can you post a link to the FBI files that say Z sent a solution ot the cipher? I have never heard that or read that, that would be interesting to read.

Davidmm

Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 9:38 am:   

I'm not sure how to link threads, but the discussion and pdf links are found in ...

Message Board Zodiac Codes 340 Cipher (Nov. 8, 1969 ) -- UNSOLVED Unsolvable?

It was mostly typed, included just the key, not the solution, and was signed "a concerned citizen." This explains why the May 8, 74, "Citizen" letter probably caught their attention in the first place. I always wondered what made them look twice at it. This explains it.

Whether or not the authenticity is questioned, the letter is significant enough to merit its' own thread. However, I don't know of any actual images of the letter or the key (which included hand drawn cipher glyphs.)

Howard_davis
Username: Howard_davis

Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 3:13 pm:   

No blood on the 10/5/70 card.Just red tape.
What is curious is the stamp,which is the SAME ( "In the Beginning...")as found on the 10/27/70 (which card was a paste up also)envelope,which is full of interest.FYI

Since paste was used on both productions they should be analyzed if this has no been done.

Douglas_oswell
Username: Douglas_oswell

Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 4:21 pm:   

Starting with this production, it seems as if Zodiac's preferred method of communication became the paste-up card. The L.A. Times letter is an awkward exception, but I think he felt constrained to throw it in because of the excitement caused by the possible Bates connection.

Nachtsider
Username: Nachtsider

Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 7:58 pm:   

Red tape, Howard? Dr. Kelleher's This Is the Zodiac Speaking advised that the cross was drawn in human blood - am I missing something here?

Yarbchris
Username: Yarbchris

Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 8:25 pm:   

There are two crosses on the note, on is the cross in the circle (Zodiac symbol), made from tape. The other is the cross resembling the cross of Christianity (in the middle). I think the latter is the one supposedly drawn with blood.

Davidmm

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 9:38 am:   

As Jack The Ripper noted, real human blood quickly turns solid. He also tried to write with it. If the little cross in the middle of the "Pace" card is indeed human blood, I'd wager that it's Zodiac's blood, and not from one of his victims.
Or it's from a red Sharpie.

Breakout
Username: Breakout

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 11:09 am:   

If it has been tested and found to be human, then I would say it belongs to the person/persons who were present when it was constructed. Whether or not that included Zodiac is questionable, but I am intrigued by the postage stamp. It's a real shame some DNA testing can't be done across the board on many of these remaining pieces of evidence.

Howard_davis
Username: Howard_davis

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 6:38 pm:   

Nach,
Yes,it is not human blood.Even GS discounts this in his second book after saying it was blood in Zodiac.This was after speaking with Toschi.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration