New idea for the "Exorcist Configurat... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Zodiac Codes » General Cipher Discussion » New idea for the "Exorcist Configuration" solution « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Davidmm
Username: Davidmm

Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 4:58 pm:   

I'm a new poster here, and perhaps I've missed this factoid elsewhere, but I've plowed through everything I can find in books or on-line and haven't found this mentioned before.

The collection of lines on the bottom of the "Exorcist" letter has been said to resemble cuneiform writing, or perhaps puzzle pieces that can spell out "Leigh", or even the Asian character on a container that a woman had with her when she disappeared. (I would really like to see an image of that label!) Someone else said it looked like an egg and sperm.

It reminded me of the old Mad magazine "fold-ins" or transparent puzzles.

I was trying to fold it, overlap it, do something with lining up the dots, etc, to no useful result.

However, I was looking at the Exorcist envelope, and wondering why he included the extra stickers (not stamps) on the envelope. (In fact, the stamp was not canceled, the two stickers were canceled as if they were postage.)
One sticker says "MAIL EARLY" and the other "use Zip code", and they are definately stickers and not part of the cancelation, since, on the high res scan, you can see the ink overlapping the serated edges.

While pondering their purpose, I glanced back to a printout of the Exorcist letter and noticed tht the "/\" markings on the right side looked about the same size and angle as the clock hands on the sticker. I turned it upside down and overlay it on the envelope. Not only do they both match the size/shape/angle of the clock hands, but one of the marks beside it lines up perfectly with the uppercase "Z" in the "Zip code" stamp.

It seems to be an uncanny fit if just accidential, and if deliberate, then what does that mean? Are we supposed to take those out? Are the other lines also tracings?

Any thoughts?

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 5:52 pm:   

Here's a pic of the same type of soy barrel Kim Allen had (bear in mind it's a scan of a photocopy of a microfilm image of a newspaper pic of the barrel; it's from the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat, 3-19-1972, p. 1); the symbol can clearly be seen:

soy barrel b&w 2.JPG

Obiwan
Username: Obiwan

Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 12:28 pm:   

Davidmm,

I haven't tried out the alignment you mention, but if true, it could be that Z was again referencing the angles on the Philips 66. He clearly felt that this map was being overlooked since the wrote a letter "explaining" how to use the m ap.

Davidmm

Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 1:42 pm:   

I could make a jpg of the alignment. How does one post images?

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 1:52 pm:   

I included that link when you signed up.

Davidmm

Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 8:04 pm:   

Here's the alignment between the Exorcist letter and envelope. I also wondered if the stamp book's notes were somehow significant,
or if it's just one of the many distractions that he loved to leave.

/Volumes/THUMB DRIVE/Zodiac Letters/exorcistConfigurationMerge.jpg

(Big kudos to Tom for making high quality scans available!)

Deoxys
Username: Deoxys

Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 8:36 pm:   

I like the creativity, David. I don't think it is beyond Z to just stencil an outline of another communication for shear "mindf*ck" value. See this interpretation of the Halloween card symbol... http://www.zodiackiller.com/discus/messages/27/618 .html?1157332028
It certainly matches up with the clockface. It doesn't explain the other portions of the symbol but I love the creativity. Keep working...

Deoxys
Username: Deoxys

Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 9:18 pm:   

I forgot to ask Ed if there is a clearer pic of the "wooden soy barrel" somewhere. The "K" figure is very similar but the rest is difficult to make out.

What relation is Kim Allen to ALA? If ALA WAS Z, I just can't figure out why he would choose symbols from his watch and a relative's soy barrel!

Ed_neil

Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 10:24 pm:   

Unfortunately, De, that's the best I can do; I played with the toner level quite a bit to lighten it while attempting to retain some sort of resolution. The photocopy came from the library in Santa Rosa, and the clarity of the pics in the microfilm was obviously not the best; most were quite dark. There may be other microfilm copies elsewhere with clearer pics, but who knows where?

Seagull
Username: Seagull

Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 2:52 pm:   

Ed have you looked in the Marin county newspaper? She worked in Larkspur and her father lived in Mill Valley, they may have covered the story as well.

Ed_neil

Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 3:27 pm:   

Good point. I looked only at the Press-Democrat... if I can ever get out that way, I'll check it out...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration