Beyond Coincidence: The letters, Part 2 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Zodiac Theories » Beyond Coincidence: The letters, Part 2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 11:46 am:   

Continued from here.

Sean
Username: Sean

Posted on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 1:05 pm:   

The final misspelling is ANAMAL.It is originally positioned under FORREST where the name ART LEE eventually appears.However when the Wheel is turned, the "L" lines up in column Five to complete the LEE ALLEN I.E string, that A is dropped to the other side of the grid, leaving "NAMA".
There are two translations for this "Name" and "bow".Can't say for sure that this was the intended meaning, however it does suggest that Zodiac was saying "You have the name" which is reminiscent of Count Zarkoff in the Most Dangeroue Game. You have won!

Something though that makes this all the more interesting is that when the Wheel is turned.
the letters AEN and NAM interconnect.
The first and last three letters in the "My Name is code" Coincidentally,ALL of the letters used in the my name is code(including repeats) are connected right at that spot.So, it could be an indication that it was from here that the My name is code was constructed.

Sean

Posted on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 2:37 pm:   

Finally......
In 1991 reporter Rita Williams interviewed Arthur Leigh Allen about being the Zodiac.
A few weeks later, she recieved a letter from Allen himself thanking her for the interview.

Allen has written a "Z" in the lower left hand corner of the envelope. The postmark JULY 30 1991 Oakland. Curiously the letter inside was dated AUGUST 1st. He had ommitted the date 31st of July
the anniversary of the original letters and 3 part cipher.
Williams hereself commented on a even more curious phrase inside the letter.
Allen had written " "professonality" I wonder if that word is in a dictionary".
While her own opinion of course she said "Interesting that he made up a word", "Certainly he's the kind of person who would have a dictionary there and wouldn't use the word that word unless he really checked".

In any case,in very Zodiaclike fashion, Allen himself had written on the anniversary of the first three part code, made up a word, and asked if it could be found in a dictionary.
He pointed to the exact place and exact method used to decipher his own name.

We have no recored of Allen, using the name LEE until the murders were over and then he pops up with it.
The letter writing stops after Allen is interviewed in 71, no more coming for two and a half years.

Ericd
Username: Ericd

Posted on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 11:23 pm:   

Sean,
I'm a little surprised you haven't suggested "il" meaning "he" in French.

Sometimes it's hard to figure out what you're doing with the letters... more detailed steps would help. Once I figure out what you're doing, though, it is amazing stuff!

Sean

Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 12:52 pm:   

The Belli letter was the first find here Eric, and I had no reason to associate "il" as being french. Because Zodiac deleted the partial word COMPLET (spelled correctly to that point,so he had no reasin to delete it in favour ao "ALL")
I took it to mean the message was incomplete and therefore "ILL" which mirrored the overall premise of the letter. Please help me I can't control myself..Please help me I am ill.
That's why I figure if this was correct, there had to be more and went from there.
As it turns out the message in the first cipher was missing an "L" and that was the methodology to the Wheel Cipher(having followed the clues to find it.

I do hope to post some graphics.I can't do it from this computer because of several problems.
I have written to Tom for help.However due to some of the same problems, my mail goes straight to his "delete folder". Hopefully he will eventually respond.

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 1:56 pm:   

Sean, the problem with the Rita Williams interview and subsequent letter Allen wrote to her is that the yellow book had been out for 7 years at that point and Allen, if he was not Z, had been well aware that he had been investigated as Z off and on for almost 22 years. That is more than enough time for him to learn enough about the case to have some fun with her and leave her wondering if he really was Z or not instead of the sick pedophile we know him to have been.

Sean

Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 2:20 pm:   

I agree Ed, the fact that he wrote the Z in the corner argues to that at least, he was definitely playing one way or another, and the point is taken.
That said,he does two things, that tie with this theory, he omits the date of the 31st.(Not that that again couldn't be aligned with the first point) But it's like the other examples that I have provided where I suggest Z gave one thing where he was really was pointing to something else.In this instance (whether he's involved or not) he still wants her to figure the anniversary I suspect.(why else wait a few weeks to post)
It's small details as well as the large finds that convinces me there's something here.

Now,that's pointing to the code, with the dictionary reference, he just happens also to be pointing (coincidentally or not) to the very core/key used to decipher his name.
The place and method.
Again it's not just one coincidence here, there are four very seperate parts where
coincidences align seperately.(and not minor ones by any stretch of the imagination)
The murders/dates...Zodiac himself giving us more than one connection...the finds themselves...and Allen's actions.

I still love to get my hands on a copy of that letter. I suspect (if I'm right here) there's more to that than meets the eye.It would be an easy way to test this theory, if there's more in there similar to Z's methods it would go beyond doubt I think that he had to be involved.
That he wrote to her at all is strange, especially at it was reported that he was showering her with compliments.

Sean

Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 8:16 am:   

In the Times herald letter Zodiac missspells the word "Cipher" as "Cyipher". Clearly he gives the English spelling "Cypher" and puts the "i" in after.
Same in the "asking for more details letter" when he first writes "adress" and squeezes in the D later.
An interesting quote with regard to this American revolution connection and Jefferson/lee in France, comes from an English newspaper at the time referring to Arthur Lee.

"Two of these commissioners, FOR THE THIRD IS A CIPHER, are protected by the court of versailles in their public capacity. The congress of England hath sent one ambassador, the Congress of American hath sent two, to France"

Ericd

Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 11:05 am:   

Sean,
So what's up?
I hope there's more to come...

Sean

Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 6:46 am:   

I have forwarded some graphics to Tom that he has agreed to post, which will give a clearer look at the code work.Other than that I'm about done!
If you have any questions or need clarification on any point I'll be happy to answer.

Ericd

Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 9:07 pm:   

Sean,
I'm surprised you haven't received more feedback... To me, this is easily the most interesting work I've seen done on the letters!
I had lost interest in Allen as a suspect until now.

A couple questions (can you provide a link to verify these things?)
Where did you get the "<L" in the definition of "roue"?
How does "nama" translate to "name"?

Seagull
Username: Seagull

Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 9:56 pm:   

Sean
I am wondering why you don't think Donna Lass was a Zodiac victim. The Marquis de Lafayette DOB Sept.6,1757 played an important role in the Revolutionary War. Donna disappeared Sept.6, 1970. The city of Lafayette Ca is on the Phillips 66 map just west of the 9 on the hand drawn "compass rose". If all the other things fit as you have spelled out in your posts why not Donna?

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 10:11 pm:   

Sean, I'm sorry it's taken me so long!

Here's a link to Sean's graphic.

Sean

Posted on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 6:37 am:   

No problem Tom, thank you for posting.

Eric, Check out the link, it will give you a clearer picture of the core finds.
The instruction for moving the L came from the dictionary. Remember Arthur lee's dictionary code operated by giving a numerical clue to a specific place within a dictionary where the message could be read in cleartext.
"Roue [Fr.pp. of rouer, to break on the wheel <L
rota.a Wheel (see roll) orig. a nickname given(c 1720)to the dissolute companions of the Duc de orleans]a dissipated man, debauchee: rake".

Zodiac also gives a back up to that when the words "WeeL and Rite align, so you know where to stop regardless.
I'm gald at least someone else sees the merit in this, my interest in Allen comes from this alone.
He wasn't even "my" suspect until I discover these things

Seagull,
I see no link to Donna Lass. Maybe she was a Z victim maybe not. As far as this theory goes it ended with Stine, so she doesn't enter the equation either way. If it was Zodiac, he was no longer operating under that guise and so is not part of this "plan".

Sean

Posted on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 6:43 am:   

Eric...forgot. The translation of "Nama" comes from Sanskrit. I found two meanings Name and Bow.
The word doesn't come into being until the wheel is rotated. The A is dropped to the other side of the grid and we know the "L" froms the alignment in column 5, leaving us with "Nama".
In coincidence terms alone what are the odds of these alignments coming after the wheel is rotated? I don't have any control over this once the instruction was taken. I can't see anything else but design.

Ericd

Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 8:18 pm:   

Sean and all,
I believe I've found something that fits in perfectly with Sean's findings...

I looked at the end of the Dripping Pen card where z wrote "Des July Aug Sept Oct = 7"
Obviously, I focused in on the "misspelled" "des" and decided to look for "des" in the next letter Z sent. That next letter, the Bus Bomb letter, was mailed the very next day. As Sean pointed out before, this was z's 7th letter, claiming 7 victims, and was 7 pages long.
On page one, Z writes about the DEScription passed out...
He claims that he looks "entirle different"...
Using the word "entirle" and other words around it, I quickly found "Lee Allen"...
here is what it looks like:
my thing , thE...
I look ENtirLE...
shALL...

I believe he did two things to back this up.
1) On the next line he misspells "disguise" with "des" at the start. 2) He draws a line across the middle of the page. The word "entirle" is 7 lines down from this line (Sean also pointed out that "lee allen" can be seen at the end of the 7th line down at the top of the page).

Sean

Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 1:42 am:   

Eric,
Gald you spotted that one, it's one I knew about but didn't include. If you look closer there's more to it. The first find there is on line 7 where the name Lee Allen comes together.
Now Zodiac splits the page in two by drawing a line. "Entirle" is again on the seventh line after
the break.
If you count to each of the letters of the name from the beginning of each line the total is 58.
This again brings us back to "Cerous/ Cerium atomic number 58. Again in the last section of the first cipher the name Lee Allen begins at position 58 (just above I.D/ sloi Down).
And again it corresponds with the same type of numerical clues in the LA times and Exorcist letters. It's the same type of trick each time and there are other example also, all linked to deliberate errors, all interconnected.
Have a look for others, they are there. At least that will demonstrate that I'm not making this stuff up.

Ericd

Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 7:50 pm:   

Sean,
How much more are you sitting on?!
Also, I thought it made sense to look at Z's DEScription of the bus bomb on page 4. The 7th item in his list looks suspicious with something scribbled out and with the word out spelled "oute". Have you found anything in this area?

Sean

Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 3:16 am:   

Eric,
There are another couple of finds there, I just didn't get into every single thing.
For some reason I don't seem to be able to find "item 7 on in his list" !!!!!
Can you be more specific please?

Ericd

Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 10:20 pm:   

Sean,
I was looking at the 7th items in the list - 2 18" cardboard tubes black with shoe polish inside and oute - This is at the bottom of the 4th page.

Also, I believe you posted some time ago about Allen mentioning in an interview that the two opposite sides of a dice always equal 7 when added together. I vaguely remember reading something about that but can't find any reference to it now. Was this during the 1971 police interview?

Sean

Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 5:35 am:   

Eric,I never said Allen himself said that, it was a suggestion I made for his misspelling of "Paradice".

Ericd

Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 2:56 pm:   

Sean,
I've just discovered another one in the Citizen letter that I'll bet you're already aware of...

This one was so painfully obvious once you pointed out cerium's atomic number of 58.

The two errors with "ion" at the top of the page... "cut the ad" at the bottom... Take one ion away from 59 (the year mentioned) and it's 58 (cerium - Allenite)

Sean

Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 7:44 am:   

Just a note on the Rita williams letter written by Allen.....As I've said earlier he omitted the date of July 31st,apparently pointing to the first cipher, but also the addition of the crossed circle in the outside corner of the envelope, links to the Stine murder. This is the only time Zodiac puts his crossed circle symbol on an envelope.
So coincidentally,Allen links the "name" and "proof" just like this theory suggests.

I do know that Graysmith mentions the detail of the symbol of the envelope in his first book, so it could always be said that Allen read the book.
(Highly likely one way or another I would guess)
Then again,it's not exactly a major detail in the context of the whole case and all thing Z.
One way or another Allen appears to have been following this in great detail.

Ericd

Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 10:24 pm:   

Sean,
Thought you might find this interesting...
Carl pointed out a few things in the 340 cipher that I found intriguing -
First, the three triangles with dots in the middle can be connected to make an isoceles triangle.
Second, the word "GOD" is obvious in the upper left corner. You can also make out "DEVI...L" in the lower left corner - by rotating the page at times (such as rotating the "M" so it looks like an "E".
Perhaps the symbols "+ R i y(backwards)" that are before the "L" have some significance?

Sean

Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 7:40 am:   

Thanks Eric....It's hard to tell, that initial find by Carl was interesting, but that's where it ended. I guess we won't know until the 340 is solved.My prediction (for what it's worth) is that there will be a clue connected to the number 6 and possibly that deleted character.
BTW, can you make anything of this.."Go Uranus"?

Ericd

Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2006 - 2:45 pm:   

Where's "Go Uranus" coming from?
I'm blank on anagrams for it...

Sean

Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 6:16 am:   

I was just messing around with the letter that came with this cipher and the word "thing" underlined 6 times and followed by 6 exclamation marks.
(as I've said earlier the letter also contains 6 statements and the deleted symbol is 6 in and 6 down from the right hand side)
Anyway, I just wondered (Given the tricks)if what was hidden/meant was not 6 places after the word "thing" but 6 places after the "G"
When you go back to the start and count 6 after each "G" you get "GO URNAUS" Thats only a swap of the N and A to get "GO URANUS".
Maybe it's nothing, but I thought it close enough to consider, given the spelling and link.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration