Zodiac BS Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Zodiac Theories » Zodiac BS « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ericd
Username: Ericd

Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 7:20 pm:   

Sean's recent work has me looking for word games that Zodiac played in his letters....

At the top of page 3 of the Bus Bomb letter, Zodiac prints either "parking" or "barking" - either of these words would make sense in the sentence, so it's hard to tell if it's a b or a p. I decided this might be a game...

I then noticed the PS just four lines down. There is absolutely no reason for a PS here. Substitute B for P and you've got BS! for his whole story of talking to the cops!

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 7:31 pm:   

The PS could mean Paul Stine for that matter...

Ericd

Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 7:35 pm:   

It could Tom... but why a PS on page 3 of a letter that goes on for 4 more pages?

Tom_voigt

Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 7:39 pm:   

The main problem I have with the idea of complex hidden/double meanings is that, especially in the longer letters, Zodiac appeared to be writing so qickly that I don't think it's likely he could have accomplished such a thing, unless he practiced writing each letter numerous times.

Scott_b
Username: Scott_b

Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 8:25 pm:   

Eric, I like the theory. It's certainly more viable than Sean's if we observe Ockham's Razor, in my honest opinion.

Sean
Username: Sean

Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 7:02 am:   

There was a time Scott, (before you seen the light)that you were stronger on Allen than anyone.
I appreciate the reasons why you have come to change your opinion, but answer me a question please (just for sh*ts and grins) What were the main strong points for you and how do you write the off now?

Scott_b
Username: Scott_b

Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 3:14 pm:   

Sean, you already know the answers to those questions.

Ericd

Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 7:19 pm:   

Tom,
My response to your June 14th post made no sense. Sorry! I don't know what I was thinking...
The placement of the PS is certainly extremely odd. I think both the PS standing for Paul Stine or my idea of replacing it with BS are both logical and reasonable possibilities.
I'll argue for my interpretation of BS by pointing out how close the word "b/p arking" is to the PS.

Sean
Username: Sean

Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 4:28 am:   

No I don't Scott, which is why I asked.I know why you have changed your mind, but what I don't know is what exactly were the top points that held your interest originally and how you explain those things now.

Eric,
I don't understand what the B/P (barking or parking) has to do with P.S. Why would you think there was an intention to swap?

Ericd

Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 8:42 am:   

Sean,
The PS is where Z writes the controversial story about talking to the two cops. Just 4 lines above the PS is where the letter is that could be either a b or a p. Think of him starting with a p there and then switching it to a b. If you do the same with the PS (the PS is certainly the focus of this page), ie switch the P to B, you get BS for the whole story of talking to the cops!

Mike_cole
Username: Mike_cole

Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 10:12 am:   

As I've theorized previously (somewhere...), the high-res scan of the letter offers insight into the amazingly ambiguous 'b'/'p'. Specifically, the top of the 'b' is a single stroke whereas the entire 'p' has been re-emphasized multiple times. I interpret this as pretty clearly indicating that Z initially wrote the part the looks like a 'b' and then felt compelled to re-emphasize the part that looks like a 'p' to clarify that he was intending to write 'p'.

Tom_voigt

Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 10:59 am:   

Sean, I don't know why Scott jumped ship either. Maybe he can start a new thread in the Allen topic and explain. I'm sure it would be interesting.

Ericd

Posted on Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 1:17 pm:   

I believe I've found two additional clues to support the B/P switch.

First, just before this section and toward the bottom of page 2, Zodiac uses the term "blue pig". The significance, of course, is that these words start with a b and p.
I searched all the other letters, and no where else, in all the references to the police, does Z use the term "blue pig". (I'm sure someone will point it out if I did miss one!)

Ericd

Posted on Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 1:30 pm:   

Second, take a look at the bomb diagram included with this letter. In particular, look at the sideways writing:
bus goes bang car
pass es by ok
The p is under the b, even though it would make more sense with starting the second line with "car passes..."
Notice how this p is written. It, too, could also be seen as a b. The other p's written in this letter look nothing like this!
Also notice how he writes "passes" with a huge space "pass es". I believe this was done on purpose so that "pass" could be read as "bass" - "basses" would not have been a negitimate word!

Ericd

Posted on Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 1:34 pm:   

PS - If anyone can find another p in any letter that looks like this one, please point it out!

Ericd

Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 11:02 am:   

A couple more things back this up.
First the PS at the end of the 6th page of this letter starts
"PS. Be shure to..."
Notice the first two words start with b and s. The spelling error is added to draw extra attention here.

Ericd

Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 11:37 am:   

Second
Look just after the long PS section that Z demands to be printed in the paper. This is on page 3 of the letter.
The very next sentence after this section contains the errors:
"...noze rubed..."

Switch the z and e around and you have "ez rube"

I believe this is an allusion to a Rube Goldberg Machine that can be defined as - an exceedingly complex device that performs a very simple task.

I made the obvious conclusion that the bus bomb diagram could very well be just such a device. So I took a look at the diagram, with the intent of finding something to switch b's into p's.

The only way I can think of to switch a b into a p is with a mirror! I wrote a "b" on some paper and looked at its reflection in the mirror to confirm this.
In the diagram, there is of course a mirror and the word "bus" would pass right in front of it.

I think it's significant that not only did Z write out "bus" at this point (instead of drawing a picture of a bus),
but he also uses a lower case b as an upper case B would not make a P in the mirror. Notice how the other elements of the diagram are capitalized (Mirror, Bombs, Bat.)

Ericd

Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 11:50 am:   

Additionally,
In the diagram the "bus" is moving... that's what allows some kind of action to take place on the "b" as the "bus" moves in front of the mirror.

There is one other place where something is moving (and therefore something can happen).
The only other thing that moves is the hand on the rather large drawing of the battery powered clock. There is even an arrow to show that the hand on the clock has moved a bit.

If you look at the hand on the clock it is easy to see an additional b and p, especially when the hand points to the 6 o'clock position.

I've never seen a hand on a clock that looks like this one!

Ericd

Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 10:39 am:   

An additional clue that this is a Rube Goldberg machine...
The sideways writing on the bus bomb diagram says "bus goes bang car"
I believe the "bang car" is a reference to the movie "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang", which was released the previous year. In the movie, the professor uses a goldberg machine to make breakfast - I vividly remember this scene even though I haven't seen the movie in decades!

Ericd

Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 10:51 am:   

Once again with the sideways writing...
"pass es by OK" (the p is made to also look like a b)
On the next page, Z writes the word "busses" in the same manner with an extra space and the "u" looks more like an "a". To me, his "busses" looks more like "bass es"!

Ericd

Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 11:07 am:   

On the last page, Z writes "To prove that I am..."
This is where he should use a PS, but he doesn't. I believe he doesn't use a PS because what he writes here isn't BS - he restates that he used an "electric gun sight" at LHR.

Now notice the very end, "...of slaves."
The "f" is drawn with a distinctive extra loop. If you rotate the page, this extra loop helps to form a "p" or a "b" depending on how you look at it. The next letter is the "s" in "slaves."

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration