Wanna be a cop reject? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Zodiac Theories » Wanna be a cop reject? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kevin
Username: Kevin

Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 5:14 am:   

In my opinion, jacking with the cops was a very big part of the game for him, it may even be his biggest motivation. He really didn't seem to care who the victims were, the crimes seem to be aimed at getting maximum attention and towards making himself look smart while at the same time making the cops look stupid. I mean, this guy goes out of his way to make them look bad and rubs it in their faces by sending examples of their mistakes to the media.

So what's this guy's beef with cops? Why would a guy go to the extreme he did? He kind of reminds me of a security guard who tries to become a cop but is rejected. You know, usually the types that want to be a cop are the very ones who shouldn't be one. Perhaps this is his form of revenge for being rejected?

I'm just throwing that out there as a possible theory.

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 7:24 am:   

Kevin, I have given this some thought in the past, and have similar ideas as yours. For example, say he was a deputy in Marin, Sonoma, or Solano, and applied to SFPD, and got rejected! This would go a long way towards his actions and motives. It might go a long way towards understanding his reading preferences too. i.e. Argosy, True Detective, Outdoor Life, The Berkeley Barb, and that offbeat SF Newsletter that Deo was talking about.

Douglas_oswell
Username: Douglas_oswell

Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 11:08 am:   

Kevin, if we look at Kaczynski as the perfect example of this kind of personality, we see that he hated the police (said that in 1966 he wanted to kill them) because they were authority figures who represented the power society held to manipulate him into channels that diverted him from activities that would have led to social normalcy and happiness.

Nachtsider
Username: Nachtsider

Posted on Monday, January 15, 2007 - 5:37 pm:   

I always thought of Zodiac as being a military washout rather than a cop reject - someone who did not complete his enlistment (or even his training, for that matter) due to his problems with authority and/or a psychological disorder. That would explain why he wore Wing Walker boots, was familiar but not adept with weapons, used military terminology in his letters and had a knowledge of subjects such as cryptography and explosives that was not particularly extensive. It is for these reasons that suspects like Griffin X catch my eye - I feel that the likelihood of Zodiac being one just like him is high.

Just for the record, Kevin - the only major suspect who was a cop reject seems to be Allen. It is a matter of record that he was turned down as a Vallejo Police Department applicant at age 19.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration