Millennium Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » Zodiac Media » Millennium « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nachtsider
Username: Nachtsider

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 1:02 am:   

Fox Broadcasting Company’s grim and suspenseful Millennium once featured a wily and sadistic Zodiac-like serial killer called Avatar in an installment aptly titled ‘The Mikado’, which, incidentally, was my favorite chapter of the series and also served as my first introduction to the Cipher Slayer and his crimes. The uninitiated may feel free to peruse a summary and an image gallery pertaining to this episode, and those lucky enough to have viewed it are welcome to discuss the show here.

Nachtsider

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 12:58 pm:   

Just found out that a full transcript for the episode also exists - truly a useful tool for those who have not the opportunity to watch it but desire a word-for-word account of what exactly took place on-screen.

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 4:54 pm:   

Millennium was one of my fave shows, and Lance Henrikson is one of my fave actors. Avatar was based directly on Z, no doubt about it... all the way down to the hood he wore when Frank Black was hot on his trail at the end. I have it on tape, along with the Nash Bridges Z episode...

Nachtsider

Posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 - 7:40 pm:   

Ed, it is great to know that you and I are both Millennium fans. I own the series' entire run on DVD - a handsome collection with many special features that include a very interesting commentary by Michael R. Perry on 'The Mikado', which he penned.

In this exclusive segment, Perry reveals that you are absolutely correct about Avatar being based directly on Zodiac, right down to victimology, signature and even case file number (Zodiac's Presidio Heights shooting was also designated #696314). The writer disclosed that the true Zodiac served as antagonist in the original draft of his script, but altered several details (such as the killer's moniker, modus operandi and symbol) at the insistance of Fox, who told him that the villain should not be identified as a real-life criminal. He also mentioned that although Avatar's costume was similar to Zodiac's, it was actually inspired by ritual garb of the type worn by Aleister Crowley (incidentally, I use an almost-identical garment for my own religious purposes).

Having watched this seminal episode several times, I have come to the conclusion that Avatar's identity is actually no secret. While I assemble the evidence against my suspect, can you guess who he is?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration