Death by Talk Show Host Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » General Discussion » Crimes » Death by Talk Show Host « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Johno
Username: Johno

Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 10:34 pm:   

Two cases making the news this week.
In the New Orleans suburb of Metaire 45 year old Mary Elizabeth Marinello was shot twice in the face on August 31 in a parking lot and died the next day.
Her husband is being charged with the murder after authorities found a to-do murder checklist in his home that detailed the attack on his wife.
He is Vince Marinello, a popular New Orleans radio talk show host on WWL and had been a long time televison sportscaster.
He and his wife of two years were going through a bitter divorce and police say he disguised himself as a scruffy bearded man and rode up to her on a bicycle and opened fire.

Then there is the suicide of 21 year old Melinda Duckett whose two year old son has been missing for two weeks and whereabouts is unknown.
Duckett has maintained the child was kidnapped from his crib but police had not ruled her out as a suspect in the mysterious dissapearance.
Hours after taping a segment for the Nancy Grace CNN televison show she killed herself with a shotgun blast.
Grace had given her a courtroom prosecutorial type grilling, banging her fist on the table and yelling at Duckett.
Family and friends say she had recently lost her job and her baby had been kidnapped and the intense grilling by Grace sent her over the edge.

Douglas_oswell
Username: Douglas_oswell

Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 4:01 am:   

Let that be a lesson: always destroy your to-do murder checklist before the cops arrive.

Etphoto
Username: Etphoto

Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 5:07 am:   

Yeah, go through all the trouble in disguise yourself and leave evidence of a to-do list.

ET

Hawk
Username: Hawk

Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 6:59 am:   

Nancy has a habit of convicting people before she knows all the facts. When she comes on, I change the channel. But, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind if she ripped my shirt apart, grabbed me by the hair and made me kiss her.

Warren
Username: Warren

Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 8:53 am:   

I must warn you that it is a felony to destroy your "murder to-do list".

And Hawk, I think you've got your roles reversed there, boy.

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 12:02 pm:   

I wonder if she can sleep at night after this?

James78
Username: James78

Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 2:48 pm:   

The grilling of Duckett wouldn't of caused her to kill herself. Its something she was hidding or she couldnt handle her son being kidnapped. Not that anybody could handle it. Im not saying she did anything either ok?!!!!

Vscantu
Username: Vscantu

Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 3:49 pm:   

I don't know about that Nancy Grace. She's always struck me as an accusatory shrew. On MSNBC yesterday, host Tucker Carlson called her "A wreckless gas-bag."

Her M.O. is to 'dis' pretty much anybody she has on her show. In fact, she dis's so many people, I vote that we rename her,

'NANCY dis-GRACE'!

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 5:36 pm:   

Vsc--I agree with you. How many other lives has she ruined, with her quest to be on National News?---How can she sleep?

Etphoto

Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 - 9:49 am:   

I interviewed a guy once for raping a child. Shortly after the interview he killed himself. Did I lose any sleep over it?? Guess.

ET

James78
Username: James78

Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 - 1:56 pm:   

Etphoto, what did you do for a living or what do you do? Just asking.

Oklahoma_mike
Username: Oklahoma_mike

Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 - 9:01 pm:   

From what I gather the interview was taped the day before the suicide and the tape aired a few hours after she committed suicide. If the show knew, I think it was in very bad taste to air the show at that time. Guilty, innocent, whatever, at least be decent enough to let the family bury the woman before showing her interview.
My description of Nancy Grace has always been 'drama queen'. Her eye rolling, mugging into the camera and general histrionic manner really turn me off. My experience as an expert witness in courtrooms tells me the side with the least confidence in their case is the one which usually first resorts to dramatics. If the facts are there you don't need the sneers, eye-rolling and such.

Johno

Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 - 9:40 pm:   

Just a few days before this interview MSNBC TV's Tucker Carlson was doing his segment that he calls "Beat the Press" and he aired a piece where CNN Headline News was going to the Nancy Grace show and she was on screen but her microphone had not yet been turned on and she didn't realize that the camera was already on and broadcasting and you see her sneering like a pitbull to some unseen hapless stagehand and you can clearly lipread her saying the words "Move it Now!"
I was laughing and thinking, what a witch. I'm glad I don't have to work for her.

Vscantu

Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2006 - 3:18 am:   

Yeah, Johno, if Nancy dis-Grace drove that young mother to suicide, just imagine what she must do for her husband!

Hawk

Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2006 - 7:26 am:   

Her husband was murdered. I don't know what the circumstances are surrounding it though. Maybe she did it.

Colette
Username: Colette

Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2006 - 10:28 am:   

Nancy is not married. It was her fiance who was murdered in a robbery. At the time she was a college student preparing to be a teacher. The event changed her life and that's how she came to be a prosecuting attorney and crime victim advocate.

Sandy
Username: Sandy

Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2006 - 3:04 pm:   

Melinda Ducked the question for a reason. Ok here I go again sticking my neck out there.The cut screen was a ploy to make the police believe the boy was taken. 10in.cut for a opening was stupid. If someone was out side and wanted to take the boy, they would have pulled the screen off, that is very easy to do.I believe she planned to have some friends over to give her a better story.My bet is the boy was killed or was gone before the friends arrived.She saw how easy it would be to be crossed examined and caught in her lies after Nancy called her on it.I watch her show just because she is a bitch.Sometimes she says just what I am thinking, when she gets in the face of liar. Or when a attorney makes a stupid statement.If I am wrong about Melindas guilt ,I am sorry she felt she needed to die.If I am right so be it.There are so many people who would love to have children and can't.Why can't people who don't want them, be kind enough to let someone else love them.

Etphoto

Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 8:18 am:   

Well said Sandy.

ET

Hawk

Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 7:53 am:   

Sandy, you just did what Nancy did. You are assuming the mother had something to do with it, with the evidence you have at this point. But, as a news reporter, Nancy should stay objective until the jury says guilty. A good example of this is the Jon Bonet Ramsey case.

Oklahoma_mike
Username: Oklahoma_mike

Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 10:24 pm:   

The best motivation I can think of for Melinda wa she realized she might actually have to WATCH Nancy Grace on TV in order to see her interview.

Colette
Username: Colette

Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 4:43 pm:   

During a search of Melinda's apartment (on the day he went missing) they found toys and pictures of Trenton thrown in her trash. Humm.. doesn't sound like a loving mother to me.

Chari
Username: Chari

Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 6:45 pm:   

If I had a missing 2 yrs old, I would not throw anything of her away. I think she got trenton in hiding and her killing herself, she might be mental. I think she knows where he is and she took that to her grave.

Johno

Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 7:23 pm:   

- Melinda Duckett sold her son Trenton's carseat two weeks before he disappeared.
- Police searched her apartment the night of his disappearance and discovered that she had been cleaning out the apartment and emptying the refridgerator.
- Police the next day discovered Trenton's toys, photographs and his sonogram image in a trash bin.
- Melinda Duckett refused to take a polygraphe test.
- She killed herself on September 8th.
- Trenton's been missing since August 27th.

If she had arranged with some friends to take the child to prevent her ex-husband from having custody while she staged a kidnapping they would have been located by now. How many friends does on have to have who would agree to such a conspiracy? With her death throwing a major wrench in the plan they probably would have come forward by now. And she wouldn't have sold the car seat as that would have gone with them. She wouldn't have tried to erase his existence by throwing out his toys and photographs.

If she sold him on the black market to some desperate childless couple she may have thrown those things away out of guilt for doiing it and killed herself because of it and refused to take a polygraph so that's still a remote possibility.

More likely he's dead and there are a lot of aligators in the swamps of the nearby Ocala National Forest.

Chari
Username: Chari

Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 7:29 am:   

Now I agree on that. I did not know she sold his carseat. Why a mom would do a thing like that? I could not bare a thought of hurting my kids. I hope they could find him and give his Dad something to go forward and mourn or reunite with trenton. This breaks my heart.
I think when Nancy Grace ask her what store she went to, and she could not answer Nancy. So she frozed knowing that Nancy caught her in a lie. Then I bet police was about to find more evidence of her killing her son, she killed her self. Easy way out. How sad.}

Vscantu

Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 10:48 am:   

"More likely he's dead and there are a lot of aligators in the swamps of the nearby Ocala National Forest"

Thanks for that comforting image, Johno. Now I can go on with my day.

On Melinda selling her son's car seat: If she sold her son's car seat 2 weeks before he disappeared, this may point to her having an extra one. She wouldn't get rid of his only car seat & drive him around for 2 weeks without one. This would just risk her getting pulled over & ticketed by police. Which, if she was truly driving him far away to kill him, she wouldn't want.

But it looks pretty probable that she killed him. Just not that she sold that car seat to get a few extra buck several weeks before doing it.

Sandy

Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 11:43 am:   

She left 2 more suicide notes and $900.00 for her grandparents,but nothing for her son or about him. I only hope that she sold him to people who would love and care for him.She had been reported to CPS for abuse more than once,they didn't check under his clothes for bruses as told by Trentons father.The $900.00 didn't come out of her account,was it saved up over a time,or could it be a pay off from a person who has the boy and won't give him up ?

Vscantu

Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 3:04 pm:   

Yeah, Sandy, those suicide notes make her look stone guilty of having a hand in his death. Of the 3 notes, she only mentions her son ONCE, and then not even by name. She wrote something lukewarm like,

'If they ever find my son, I don't think I would be able to be a good mother.'

Not even a, "If they find Trenton, please tell him I love him." or anything! Wow, what a heart this woman has.

Sandy

Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 5:44 pm:   

Vscantu, I think you ment to say what a hart she didn't have. I am listening to her husband right now and he said she had a lot of problems. Duh !

Sandy

Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 5:59 pm:   

I am still watching CNN Headline news, and heard that Trenton was put in foster care for a few days. His mother had OCD and took anger management class's.When child protective services are called as many times as they were in this case, I just don't understand why they don't do their job !Who are these people ??

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 7:42 pm:   

We had 3 children, and never had a car seat. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration