Old TV Sitcoms Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » General Discussion » Television » Old TV Sitcoms « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 4:32 pm:   

I miss the old sitcoms like Barney Miller, All in the Family, Taxi, Cheers, Sanford and Son, Happy Days, Mash, The Jeffersons, Good Times, and others.

Does anyone else feel this way, and what are your comments. Those days may be gone forever!

Linda
Username: Linda

Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 1:49 am:   

Add to those, I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke, Andy Griffith, Bonanza, Little House on the Prairie, Gunsmoke, Roy Rogers, Superman, Lassie... I know they're old, a lot in black and white, but great shows, nonetheless... You never minded your children watching shows like these...they were funny, light, had good morale character, were free from vulgarity and taught good lessons.

Hawk
Username: Hawk

Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 2:49 am:   

Damn Dave & Linda, you two need to get Satellite TV. Theres a channel called TV Land that does all day marathons on most of the shows you pointed out.

Believe it or not my kids watch Happy Days and they are teenagers. My wifes a Cheers freak.
The classics never went away, you just need to upgrade. lol

Douglas_oswell
Username: Douglas_oswell

Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 10:22 am:   

Sanford and Son was very well done, as was Leave it to Beaver. All in the Family and MASH were certainly funny, but the producers got too heavily into manipulating the characters for left-wing propaganda purposes, and that kind of turned me off.

Breakout
Username: Breakout

Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 10:44 am:   

Mama's Family fan here... I could name a dozen more too...

Ratman
Username: Ratman

Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 12:57 pm:   

I've had a problem watching sit-coms since the laughtracks got too much (they've been around longer than most people realize), -esp. when the jokes weren't even that funny, and when they started shoving their "messages" down our throats. But the 50s and 60s ones were good.

Linda
Username: Linda

Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 1:15 pm:   

Hi, Hawk... We get TV land here in Maryland on Cable TV - My husband and I are avid watchers. The shows may be old, but are always refreshing...

Johno
Username: Johno

Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 3:33 pm:   

I like the British sitcoms like Are You Being Served, Fawlty Towers, Keeping Up Appearances, The Young Ones and Absolutely Fabulous.
I like the old 50's-60's era shows like The Jack Benny show, Sgt. Bilko/The Phil Silvers Show, The Life of Riley, Car 54 Where Are You?, Make Room For Daddy/The Danny Thomas Show, McHale's Navy, The Many Loves of Dobbie Gillis, The Donna Reed Show, The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet, Petticoat Junction, Get Smart, That Girl, My Favorite Martian, F Troop, and Room 222.
I like the 70's sitcoms like Mork & Mindy, Mary Hartman Mary Hartman and Welcome Back Kotter.
Just some of the shows I don't seem to see on TV anymore.

Breakout
Username: Breakout

Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 5:51 am:   

Fawlty Towers is great...I had forgotten that one.

Etphoto
Username: Etphoto

Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 10:08 am:   

There is no better show than Leave it to Beaver. I love that show.

ET

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 2:12 pm:   

I second that, Etphoto.

Jim_t
Username: Jim_t

Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 2:46 pm:   

TVland used to be great, also Nick at nite was good, but all their shows now are from the 70's and 80's. I used to like the Honeymooners and the Adventures of Superman or Batman. Also The Munsters and the Adams Family. Now on saturdays and sundays they have all day Bonaza and Gunsmoke marathons. TVland did have an all Andy Girffith weekend after Don Knotts died featuring his best episodes, also after Al Lewis passed away TVland had a Munsters marthon. I just wish they didnt have so many 70's sitcoms.

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 3:31 pm:   

When I was just four or five years old I liked watching "Highway Patrol" with Broderick Crawford. I can still remember the opening lines: "Whenever the laws of any state are broken, a duly authorized organization swings into action. It may be called the state police, state troopers, militia, the rangers, or the highway patrol. These are the stories of men whose training, skill and courage have enforced and preserved our state laws."

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 3:57 pm:   

I love Leave It To Beaver too. Watching the Honeymooners was a ritual. My parents and Grandparents would make it an event, and it was good. I think most of these mentioned by everyone were worth watching, and relaxing. How about Sky King, Wyatt Earp, Cheyanne, The Rifleman,Maverick,Sugarfoot, and the Lloyd Bridges diving show, although they are not comedies.--I got thru the late 90's watching Northern Exposure-fantastic show.

Hawk-I went back to the Dark Ages about 5 years ago after my divorce! I don't have cable or a satellite dish, although I am surrounded by 16 dishes from the tenants here.

Jim_t

Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 4:47 pm:   

Hallmark has alot of good quailty family shows, The Waltons, Litlle House, Matlock and Mash. The Sci-Fi channel used to have older shows like One Step Beyond and alot of the 50's and 60's horror-monster movies that Mystery Science theatre used. Also the station Rural Tv has alot of old country and western shows, like The wilburn Bors, the Porter Wagoneer show and Pop goes the Country. When I go to Chicago I like to watch ME-Tv which has a great lineup of shows, Gidget, The Monkees, Three Stooges etc.

James78
Username: James78

Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 5:09 pm:   

I love 3's company and Leave it to beaver. You should be able to get Tv Land through cable.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 6:19 pm:   

I liked 3's Company too, especially the scenes at the " Regal Beagle". Don Knotts, John Ritter, Suzanne Sommers-Wow.

God Bless in your health, James.

Warren
Username: Warren

Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 1:36 pm:   

Man, this thread brings back memories....

Back o'Tha Bus, I Love Liberace, Walker Texas Crossdresser, The Bononnos, All in the Ghetto, Little Bathhouse on the Prairie, Manhattan RFD,
What's My Smack, Jeers!

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 4:23 pm:   

Thanks Warren--you just reminded me of The Waltons and Frazier.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 3:40 pm:   

Seinfeld!!!! IMO, one of the all time greats.

Muskogee
Username: Muskogee

Posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 7:29 pm:   

I'm embarrassed to admit the horribly bad sitcoms I liked watching when I was young.

Hawk
Username: Hawk

Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 2:31 am:   

Come on Muskogee tell us what they were, we won't laugh I promise.

Muskogee

Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 4:12 pm:   

Ok...when I was 9-10-11 years old, I wanted to be an actress (doesn't every little girl?), so I diligently studied the "acting" in such fine programming as: Small Wonder, Perfect Strangers, The Golden Girls, Facts of Life, Full House, etc.

Given that my current t.v. diet consists almost exclusively of PBS specials (ok, and Family Guy), my past t.v. palate is quite embarrassing.

Hey, stop laughing, Hawk!

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 6:47 pm:   

The Golden Girls with Maude?--HaHaHa--excuse me for laughing, but that was in your later life Muskie, right?

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 9:59 pm:   

I find television, even good television, to be a tragic waste of a human being's time.

Oklahoma_mike
Username: Oklahoma_mike

Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 12:45 am:   

It is embarassing for me to recall thinking some shows were funny. I remember my sister and I used to love "The Monkees". Then about 15 years ago Nick at Night ran every episode of the Monkees back to back. My wife (who also said she liked the show) watched a few and were very embarassed. Then another episode started and I said, "OK, I remember this episode, THIS one is funny". It wasn't funny.
One of my other favorites as a teen does hold up very well, the surreal and outrageous "Green Acres".

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 2:20 pm:   

Gilligan's Island is the greatest sitcom ever. I still watch it whenever it's on, and will eventually get the series on DVD. So there.

BTW, how many people know that the seven castaways represent the seven deadly sins?

1) Gilligan = sloth
2) Skipper = gluttony
3) Mr Howell = greed
4) Mrs Howell = anger
5) Professor = pride
6) Ginger = lust
7) Maryann = envy

Others have a different take on things:

The Seven Deadly Sins of Gilligan's Island

The Gilligan's Island Connection

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 2:25 pm:   

I once heard a story about an international flight that was being held up on the ground for quite a lengthy period of time. The passengers entertained themselves during the wait by taking turns singing their respective national anthems. When the Americans got their turn they sang "The Ballad of Gilligan's Island."

Ed_neil

Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 2:53 pm:   

Sounds kinda like the end of Full Metal Jacket where the GIs sing the Mickey Mouse Club theme song...

Muskogee

Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 3:24 pm:   

Dave, it had Bea Arthur in it, who, I think was in an earlier show called Maude. However, I don't recall her character's name in The Golden Girls. I do recall that I thought she looked like a guy in drag. And, no, Mr. Smart Alec, I was a wee lass at the time...mid '80s. By the time I was a teen (early '90s), I had graduated to watching Mystery Science Theater 3000.

OKMike, with your admission of watching the Monkees when you were young, at least I'm in good company in my embarrassment!

Ed, I never thought of Gilligan's Island that way. This is another show I haven't seen since I was a kid (and I only saw it then as re-runs), but I think you might be on to something!

Seagull
Username: Seagull

Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 4:44 pm:   

Muskogee don't be embarrassed, I watched shows like The Donna Reed Show, My Three Sons, The Patty Duke Show, Make Room for Daddy and later That Girl. I can't forget The Flying Nun or Petticoat Junction. We all have our crosses to bear. LOL

Ed_neil

Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 5:34 pm:   

Actually, and everyone forgets this, while Gilligan almost always messed up the castaways' chances of getting off the island, there were times when they all came up with some wacky ideas and screwed themselves! Not only that, Gilligan saved their lives on many occasions as well...

Johno

Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 5:43 pm:   

Gilligan was a much cooler cat back when he was Maynard G. Krebs.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 6:36 pm:   

Dobie Gillis?---Green Acres---The Beverly Hillbillies---Ozzie and Harriet---Hey, I've watched them all---I'm 60, what can I say? Tina Louise was a stone fox, but I think she died in 2000 something.

Ed_neil

Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 6:47 pm:   

Tina Louise is still alive & kicking... she's going to be 73 in February...

Johno

Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 7:15 pm:   

Who would you rather be marooned with, Ginger Grant or Mary Ann Summers?

Mary Ann for me.

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 12:27 am:   

Mary Ann for me. She's fresh and wholesome; more my type. Besides, she knows how to cook. Ginger wouldn't be of any use unless you had a suitcase full of money like Mr. Howell.

I may have observed this somewhere before, but the older I get, the sexier Mrs. Howell appears to me.

Warren

Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 9:42 am:   

Tina Louise for me. She's just twenty dollars from a lapdance.

Johno

Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 6:07 pm:   

Natalie Schafer who played Mrs. Howell never played any sexy roles in her film and television career. She came from Broadway to films and didn't make her first movie until she was 41 years old. She was typecast in high society matron type roles in film and TV. By the time she got on Gilligan's Island she was ready to retire at age 64.
Kit Smythe was the original Ginger in the series pilot. Ginger was a secretary not a movie star.
Nancy McCarthy was in the Dawn Wells role but it wasn't as Mary Ann. It was Bunny.
John Gabriel played the professor.
Future movie composer John Williams scored the original song before it was changed to the Sherwood Schwartz version.

Jim_t

Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 7:50 pm:   

After I saw Dawn Wells do a takeoff of Giligans Island, on The Man Show and give up the goods with Jimme Kimmel I never gave Ginger the slightest consideration.

Oklahoma_mike
Username: Oklahoma_mike

Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 8:46 pm:   

In the 'Gilligan' pilot episode with Dawn Wells her character of Mary Anne Summers was supposed to be from Winfield, KS, which happens to be the real home town of my wife!

Johno

Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 9:15 pm:   

And Mary Ann Summers worked at the Winfield General Store.

Johno

Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 10:44 pm:   

- Ginger Grant (Tina Louise) vs. Mary Ann Summers (Dawn Wells) = MARY ANN

- Elly May Clampett (Donna Douglas) vs. Wrangler Jane (Melody Patterson) = ELLY MAY

- Petticoat Junction:
Billie Jo (Jeannine Riley, Gunilla Hutton, Merideth MacRae) Bobbie Jo (Pat Woodell, Lori Saunders) Betty Jo (Linda Kaye Henning)
vs.
- Charlie's Angels:
Jill Munroe (Farrah Faecett) Sabrina Duncan (Kate Jackson) Kelly Garrett (Jacklyn Smith) Kris Munroe (Cheryl Ladd) Tiffany Welles (Shelly Hack) Julie Rogers (Tanya Roberts) = CHARLIE'S ANGELS

-Three's Company:
Chrissy Snow (Suzanne Somers) Janet Wood (Joyce Dewitt) Terri Alden (Pricilla Barnes) Cindy Snow (Jenilee Harrison)
vs.
-Golden Girls:
Dorothy Zbornak (Bea Arthur) Rose Nylund (Betty White) Blanche Devereaux (Rue Mcclanahan) sophia Petrillo (Estelle Getty)
=THREE'S COMPANY

-April Dancer (Stefanie Powers) vs. Agent 99 (Barbara Feldon) = AGENT 99

-Mary Richards (Mary Tyler Moore) vs. That Girl (Marlo Thomas)= THAT GIRL

-Julie kotter (Marcia Strassman) vs. Alice Johnson (Karen Valentine) = JULIE KOTTER

-Jennifer Marlowe (Loni Anderson) vs. Bailey Quarters (Jan Smiters) = BAILEY QUARTERS

-Helen Crump (Aneta Corsaut) vs. Thelma Lou (Betty Lynne) = HELEN CRUMP

-Marcia Brady (Maureen Mccormick) vs. Laurie Partridge (Susan Dey)=LAURIE PARTRIDGE

-Batgirl (Yvonne Graig) vs. Catwoman (Julie Newmar) = BATGIRL

Warren

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 7:46 am:   

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Ginger, Ginger, Ginger.

Julie Newmar rules!

Sink your collective teeth into this one:

Alice (Brady Bunch) vs. Jane Hathaway

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 8:01 am:   

I'm getting a big neutral on Alice vs. Jane, Warren. Miss Hathaway is from the Bedford/Somerset PA area.

Did we not mention My Favorite Martian, and Mr. Ed? "A horse is a horse, of course, of course."----I should have included cartoons----I was weaned on The Flintstones, and the The Jetsons. And Huckleberry Hound.

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 8:55 am:   

No wonder baby boomers are such idiots.

Warren

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 11:11 am:   

Ok, Mr. Smarty Pants, sink your dental appendages into this one:

Indira Gandhi vs. Golda Meir.

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 11:20 am:   

Or Madeleine Albright versus Helen Thomas.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 11:27 am:   

How about Barbara Walters versus Janet Reno?

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 1:11 pm:   

Age versus beauty?

Jim_t

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 3:00 pm:   

Morticia Adams VS. Lilly Munster? Morticia had an unique quirkiness and was tolerant of everyone excepts snobs. Lilly was strong and supportive and had a look the preceeded "GOTH".

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 4:30 pm:   

Hey, that Helen Thomas is a babe. She gave the graduation speech at my daughter's college commencement.

Looks like we're going astray here. I hadn't wanted to get into Doug's love life and fantasies. But, what can you expect from a Yuppie?

Jim_t

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 4:53 pm:   

Alice Kramden (Audrey Meadows) Vs. Lucy (Lucille Ball) Ricardo= Alice

Johno

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 6:08 pm:   

I agree with Alice over Lucy.
I'll also go with Mortica (Carolyn Jones) over Lilly (Yvonne DeCarlo). I especially liked it when she spoke French!

-Jane Jetson vs. Judy Jetson = JUDY

-Wilma Flintstone vs. Betty Ruble = BETTY

-Cathy Lane (Patty Duke) vs. Patty Lane (Patty Duke) = PATTY

-The Flying Nun (Sally Field) vs. The Singing Nun (Debbie Reynolds) = THE FLYING NUN

-Samantha Stevens (Elizabeth Montgomery) vs. Jeanie (Barbara Eden) = SAMANTHA

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 7:12 pm:   

helen

She wants you, Dave.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 7:42 pm:   

Big LOL Doug--I can't top that. I wish I had a pic of Katie Couric to post!

Jim_t

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 8:40 pm:   

Alice, baby your'e the greatest!

Jim_t

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 8:50 pm:   

Trixie Norton (Honeymooners) Vs. Ethel Mertz (I Love Lucy) = Trixie
Saffire (Amos and Andy) Vs. Weeza Jefferson (The Jefersons)=?
Phylis Coates (Superman) Vs. Noel Neil (Superman)=?

Ed_neil

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 8:58 pm:   

Johno wrote:

-Samantha Stevens (Elizabeth Montgomery) vs. Jeanie (Barbara Eden) = SAMANTHA

You're kidding, right??? Barbara Eden is ONE HOT BABE!!!

Johno

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 10:01 pm:   

Barbara Eden is indeed one hot babe and even when she was 60 she still looked like she was 30 and she's one of TV's all-time babes but Elizabeth Montgomery wins that race for me. Sorry.
I'm sure you've seen that Twilight Zone episode where Elizabeth Montgomery and Charles Bronson are the only survivors in a post-nuclear war. He's an American soldier and she's a Russian soldier. She only says one word in the whole episode. The Russian word for 'pretty' when she admires a dress in a window.
In the episode she has dark hair touching her shoulders, parted down the middle and dark eye shadow and she's wearing a short military skirt with knee-high boots and has a bullet sash and a knife belt on. Like some Russian goth chick. Hot! Giggity, giggity!!

-Lt. Uhura (Nichelle Nichols) vs. Judy Robinson (Marta Kristen) = JUDY ROBINSON

-Jemima Boone (Veronica Cartwright) vs. Penny Robinson (Angela Cartwright) = JEMIMA BOONE

-Thalia Menninger (Tuesday Weld) vs. Mary Stone (Shelley Fabres) = THALIA MENNINGER

-Kathy Williams (Marjorie Lord) vs. Donna Stone (Donna Reed) = DONNA STONE

-Emma Peel (Diana Rigg) vs. Julie Barnes (Peggy Lipton) = JULIE BARNES

Ed_neil

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 10:10 pm:   

Johno... I'd just like to point out that, according to Glamour Girls: The Illustrated Encyclopedia by Steve Sullivan, Barbara Eden is the #38 all-time glamour goddess, and Elizabeth Montgomery comes in at #319. The preliminary results can be seen at All-Time Glamour Girls Survey along with an explanation of how the rankings were arrived at.

BTW, my all-time fave glamour goddess, Bettie Page, is #6. Three guesses who #1 is, and the first two don't count.

Johno

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 10:50 pm:   

What a list! And I love all 1,071 of them on it, blondes, brunettes and redheads.
Actually that particular list had Elizabeth at #266 not 319.
The point rankings and placement of names are ridiculous but it sure is a good list of contestants. And it's a list that missing a ton of great ones too.

My top movie star's only would be:
1-Heddy Lamar
2-Rita Hayworth
3-Grace Kelly
4-Gene Tierney
5-Vivien Leigh
6-Louise Brooks
7-Veronica Lake
8-Norma Shearer
9-Jennifer Jones
10-Pier Angeli

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 6:41 am:   

nancykulpC:\mysettings\mydocuments\nancykulp.jpg

Try not to get aroused by Nancy, Doug. That's Sharon Tate with the black wig.

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 6:55 am:   

The one who was butchered by Manson and his gang?

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 7:12 am:   

Yes, one and the same. She made a brief appearance on the Hillbillies. That doesn't look like her, but it is her!

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 7:58 am:   

I saw her in "The Fearless Vampire Killers," which is one of the few movies I actually own.

Yarbchris
Username: Yarbchris

Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 8:36 am:   

Not that old of a show, but Father Ted was pretty funny. I'm also a fan of old cartoon shows. Does anyone recall the Banana Splits? I liked the Danger Island bits, lame as they were.

Oswell, that pic of Helen Thomas was the scariest thing I've seen in years, and I've seen some pretty frightening stuff. I'm glad I wasn't viewing this on my laptop; It hasn't been that long since I replaced the LCD.

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 8:49 am:   

She is frightening; there's no doubt about it. I reckon if she took off some of that clown makeup she might qualify as ugly. As it is, there's no way to adequately describe her!

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 9:08 am:   

Yes, I remember the Banana Splits---and The Smurfs. I watched Speed Racer, Clutch Cargo, and George of the Jungle with my kids.

Warren

Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 11:15 am:   

Doug, best Halloween picture I've seen by far!

Warren

Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 11:17 am:   

Jethro's not about to sniff that finger, is he?

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 11:24 am:   

Hey, Miss Hathaway wasn't ugly, just plain. A woman like that is bound to be very passionate--probably too much for most guys to handle.

Plain or not, I could never develop much interest in a dumb bunny. For me, a woman would have to be above average in intelligence, morally strong, and emotionally mature. Which is what I've got now, incidentally!

Muskogee

Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 6:27 pm:   

Geez, what is WITH you guys?!

Seagull, thanks! I'm glad I'm not alone

Douglas said,
"I could never develop much interest in a dumb bunny. For me, a woman would have to be above average in intelligence, morally strong, and emotionally mature."

But, Doug, how in the world did you find a woman fitting that description who's willing to put up with you?! Just kidding- I'm glad you found your match!

Jim_t

Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 9:09 pm:   

Muskeogee I have a hard time accepting a women who lowers her standards to be interested in me. Any way Carol Brady (Florence Henderson) Vs. Shirley Partridge (Shirley Jones).

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 10:43 pm:   

She's a saint, Muskogee. Actually, I told her that yesterday. She's put up with me for more than thirty years--two more miracles and she's canonized!

Johno

Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 10:59 pm:   

St Peter: "And why Mrs. Oswell, do you believe you deserve to be in heaven as opposed to hell?"

Mrs. Oswell: "I was married to Douglas Oswell for more than 30 years."

St.Peter: "Right this way maam."

Ed_neil

Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 1:21 am:   

Johno wrote:

What a list! And I love all 1,071 of them on it, blondes, brunettes and redheads.
Actually that particular list had Elizabeth at #266 not 319.
The point rankings and placement of names are ridiculous but it sure is a good list of contestants. And it's a list that missing a ton of great ones too.

That list contains only the preliminary rankings as of February 1997, and there are differences between it and the final publication in December 1999.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 6:32 am:   

Jim--I vote for Shirley, although Florence had nice TaTa's.

How about June Cleaver vs Harriet Nelson?

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 7:14 am:   

June Cleaver, in a heartbeat. Actually, I've never quite convinced myself that Eddie Haskell didn't have the hots for Beaver's mom.

Eddie: Hi, Mrs. Cleaver!

June: Well, hello Eddie. What are you up to today?

Eddie: Oh, me and Wally thought we'd go downtown and set some derelicts on fire.

June: That's nice, Eddie. Just be careful you don't set yourselves on fire.

Eddie: Don't worry, Mrs. Cleaver, I'm a Boy Scout. I know how to put out fires. Hey! Is that a pot roast I smell cooking?

June: No, Eddie, Mr. Cleaver just broke wind.

Eddie: I don't see Mr. Cleaver.

June: He just stepped out.

Eddie: Hey, Mrs. Cleaver, as long as Mr. Cleaver is out, why don't you and me go upstairs for a quick roll in the hay?

June: Eddie!

Eddie: Okay; okay. I guess it's setting bums on fire.

June: I'll call Wally.

Jim_t

Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 7:57 am:   

In the Cleavers living room in front of Wally and Eddie, June, I don't know Ward but you were awfull hard on the Beaver last nite! Eddie goes into rage. June, Ward what do you suppose got into Eddie. Ward, I dont know, Eddies probably just going thru one of thoose awkward adoloscent phases.

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 9:42 am:   

Did anyone happen to catch the episode where some older girl tried to seduce Wally with beer and sex, but he actually managed to avoid temptation?

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 11:53 am:   

"That's a lovely dress you're wearing Mrs. Cleaver."

Muskogee

Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 2:02 pm:   

Allow me to reiterate:
Geez, what is WITH you guys?!

This thread gave me nightmares last night like you don't want to know!

Johno, I like the St. Peter dialogue; Doug should show that to his wife, next time he needs to make up after an argument.

Douglas, I'm glad you recognize her work towards sainthood!

Muskogee

Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 2:12 pm:   

Jim said,
"I have a hard time accepting a women who lowers her standards to be interested in me."

Jim, that might pose a difficulty in developing a relationship...and you've got the added hurdle of convincing a gal to move to Phoenix, to boot!

Y'all need to put some Native American and Latina Women on your little list...oh wait, I guess you can't very easily...now that I think about the shows...

Geez, I'd start reviewing guys from all those shows, but, yuck, no. I don't want to deal with the accompanying nausea.

Jim_t

Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 6:36 pm:   

Muskooge I dont live in PHX in fact I hated it their! What I said was an old Groucho Marx quip about joining a club. Sorry we have offended you to the point of naseau with odious comments.

Wrecknball
Username: Wrecknball

Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 8:09 pm:   

I usually watch Leave It To Beaver everyday.

One of the funniest episodes is the one where Wally takes Beaver and his friends camping. Lumpy and Eddie try to ruin their trip by sneaking up on the campsite while the gang is sleeping and try to scare them, but wind up getting scared themselves. Eddie winds up falling off of a cliff and Wally and Beaver's friends have to pull him up to safety.

Muskogee

Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 8:12 pm:   

Jim, my apologies for thinking you lived in Phoenix! Your romantic prospects are likely much improved!

And, I wasn't clear about the cause of my queasiness...it wasn't y'alls' comments. It was the prospect of ME doing comparisons of the MEN from those old shows, as y'all were comparing the WOMEN. The men from those old shows don't do anything for me...I think I'd rather compare the women...

Jim_t

Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 6:09 pm:   

Muskogee I love to "latina' girl watch on spainish speaking television all of them are beautiful! Game, talk, children, shows weather reports all have beautiful hair and more curves than a mountain road!

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 7:18 am:   

I learned something--The Beaver is a Cal grad:

http://calbears.cstv.com/recruiting/cal-notable-al umni.html

Along with Mr. Sulu, Gregory Peck, Lance Ito, Dean Witter, and many other notables (Earl Warren, John McCone).

Ed_neil

Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 12:19 pm:   

George Takei (Sulu) graduated from UCLA the same year my dad did, although they didn't know each other...

Muskogee

Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 11:48 am:   

LOL Jim...two words: Sabado Gigante!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration