Pvt.Jesse Spielman Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » General Discussion » Crimes » Pvt.Jesse Spielman « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 10:38 am:   

Pvt Spielman is currently being court-martialed with the death penalty being sought. He and others, are charged with rape and murder of an Iraqi family. He is a native and resident of my town here. I will follow this and invite comments.

Etphoto
Username: Etphoto

Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 12:24 pm:   

The only comment I would have (so far) is, if he is guilty, fry him.
ET

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 4:40 pm:   

The odd thing here is the local press and the defense are portraying him as a wholesome young man, in uniform, with a pic that looks like a young Jeff Chandler or somebody, who would help old ladies across the street.---------It is my understanding that these troops changed into civvies and planned the event. Someone set the 14 yo girl's body afire to camoflage the rape.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 5:02 pm:   

http://www.publicopiniononline.com/localnews/ci_45 14159

Here's a pic.

Etphoto

Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 7:00 am:   

All defense teams do that for higher profile cases. They try to portray the defendant in a favorable light while attacking the cops (or in this case, the military) in the way the case was handled. This is done months in advance. Of course, using the media is a tool, many start forming opinions one the case.

ET

Douglas_oswell
Username: Douglas_oswell

Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 8:32 am:   

Etphoto, perhaps you're familiar with the case of Jeffrey MacDonald, the Green Beret physician who slaughtered his entire family in cold blood and then claimed it was done by a group of rampaging hippies. His entire defense consisted of character witnesses and attempts to run down the military for the ineptitude of its investigation. I think that's standard procedure nowadays though, in high-profile cases where the guilt of the perpetrator isn't really in question--attack the authorities if their methods are anything short of perfect.

Ratman
Username: Ratman

Posted on Friday, October 20, 2006 - 1:00 pm:   

If they're found guilty-

Hang 'em

Etphoto

Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 - 6:39 am:   

Douglas, I am familiar with that case (Jeffrey MacDonald). I have testified in hundreds of court cases and even though I've never been in involved in a "high profile" one (knock on wood) I have been questioned on the way I've investigated cases. Most of the time I was hammered on the things I didn't do and not so much on the things that were done in the case. At first I took it personal and it bugged me. Yet, over the years I've come to learn it is the normal course of defense work. I'm sure that before the case makes it to court we'll hear how good of a guy Spielman was and what might have caused him to stray. Keep us up to date Vallejo_Dave.

ET

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 4:19 am:   

Here's an update:

http://publicopiniononline.com/localnews/ci_455305 7

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 6:21 am:   

I have been following the Jeffrey MacDonald case somewhat, because I was at Ft Bragg in 1971 with the 353rd PSYOP. Here is some new evidence:

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/fami ly/jmacdonald/27.html

If we believe his story, the case has Mansonesque implications, in that Helter Skelter was spreading to the East Coast in Feb. 1970. Click on the new evidence section for a pic of the 62 yo MacDonald. And, as my experience shows, we had PSYOPS units from all over flying into Bragg, including Aquino.

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 6:59 am:   

I don't think there's any question of his guilt, Dave. One of the interesting facets of the case was that each of the four family members had a different blood type. MacDonald's was B, his wife's was A, and the kids were AB and O respectively. Taking the blood types into account it was fairly easy to piece together a crime scenario that didn't jibe at all with the patently cock-and-bull story that MacDonald told.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 4:44 pm:   

The new evidence raises the question of Reasonable Doubt. The woman admitted she was in the house. They found DNA from intruders. How about the long, straight, pubic hair that wasen't ID'd? If there's no question of his guilt, why are people still asking questions to this day?----And how about the perps that were filmed on live, nationwide TV, bashing in the truck drivers head with a brick during the LA riots? Are they still in jail?

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 7:09 pm:   

Dave, there's no reasonable doubt. But rather than reading the propaganda, go to this website and start reading the actual case documents--it may take a while, but you'll get the picture, if you really want it.

Etphoto

Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 12:03 pm:   

I agree Douglas, hearing the defense and his supports' spin, there is doubt. Reading the actual evidence (as in most cases like this) there isn't much doubt.

ET

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 2:15 pm:   

He really ought to have died for what he did, but I think he's making a pretty good life for himself, under the circumstances, in Federal prison.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 4:26 pm:   

OK. Thanks. I will read that when time permits. You guys present a good prosecuting attorney's viewpoint on the case.

Ratman
Username: Ratman

Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 1:36 pm:   

Just an aside as this is the most current thread- They have arrested Raymond Lee Oyler
for the Ca. wildfire arson case. Only a person of interest now but they're usually they ones on trial later- esp. after finding firemaking materials in his possesion.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 5:28 pm:   

Doug, you will love this. I am reading Cyril Wecht's book, Cause of Death, in which he discusses the MacDonald case, JFK, RFK, and others. ie, Sirhan was 5 feet or more in front of RFK, and the fatal shot came from about 1 inch away, behind the right ear! I will give a review.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 5:26 pm:   

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/I/IRAQ_RAPE_S LAYING?SITE=PACHA&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Hmmm--He is still presumed innocent.

Etphoto

Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 7:45 am:   

I be curious to see what the evidence is against the soldiers. If they have anything other than witness statements.

ET

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration