Strange. funny, Weird, Halloweens Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » General Discussion » Other » Strange. funny, Weird, Halloweens « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jim_t
Username: Jim_t

Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 3:14 pm:   

What are some of the unusaul thngs that have happened on halloween? Last year while I was in Zodiac Chat I smelled a strong odor and I went to look where it was commng from and there was a skunk out on the deck a few feet away with it's tail in the air about ready to spray me!

Johno
Username: Johno

Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 4:05 pm:   

I've smelled the strong odor of skunk on many halloweens. If you know what I mean.

Jim_t

Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 4:45 pm:   

No Johno I don't understand, is Peepy Le Peu your next door neighbor or H R Puffinstuff?

Johno

Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 4:59 pm:   

My neighbors include Panama Red, Aunt Mary Jane. Mary Warner, Sweet Lucy Redhair and the Green goddess.

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 5:12 pm:   

I have fantasies about the "Green Goddess".

Pepe Le Pew was one of my favs.

This isn't too weird, but scary little trick or treaters were coming here, and I didn't have candy, so I gave them books for a treat.

Douglas_oswell
Username: Douglas_oswell

Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 5:41 pm:   

Lady Chatterly's Lover, no doubt!

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 6:18 pm:   

Actually Doug, they picked out GooseBumps, RL Stine, and children's comics.

Get your mind out of the gutter, lol.Does your Fraulein read as much as you do in the classics? If so, that would be a match made in Heaven.

tombstoneC:\mysettings\mydocuments\tombston.jpg

Doug---I'll be your Huckleberry!

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 6:40 pm:   

She's not a Fraulein, Dave; she's a grown-up Frau. Not much for the classics, really, but I've gotten her to read a couple of Dickens novels, some Thackeray and Reade's "Cloister and the Hearth," which, incidentally, is a very fine work, with some very quotable dialogue.

Johno

Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 6:54 pm:   

Strange, funny or weird? I can't think offhand of anything really out of the ordinary. I remember one halloween party where six people came dressed as a six pack of Miller Lite beer. They created some kind of a plastic holder that held the cans together. They pulled it off for quite a while but then seperated and became individual cans. I suppose the first bathroom break must have been the catalyst to their breaking up.

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 7:11 pm:   

I think it was my niece's first Halloween, and my sister dressed her up like a pumpkin (kinda), but she didn't like the green hat-like affair for her head and kept pulling it off. I dressed up as Jason Voorhees (of Friday the 13th fame, my fave slasher series), and my sister, niece and I tooled around the community (she lived around the corner and down the street in those days). As we were walking down the street, I saw some guy dressed like Freddy Krueger (A Nightmare on Elm Street), held up my machete and said something like, "Yo, Freddy, how's it hanging?" He looked over and kinda waved, I don't think he realized who I was supposed to be (and probably wondered if I was someone he knew)... LOLOL

Jim_t

Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 10:22 pm:   

At a church Luther league Halloween youth party we snuck out and threw pumpkins on the neighbors roofs.

Warren
Username: Warren

Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 8:08 am:   

Over the years I have gone as a Hare Krishna, Ku Klux Klansman (complete with portable burning cross) and most recently, Hugh Hefner.

As a kid, we had a couple in the neighborhood that gave out fried chicken wrapped in foil!

Imagine that now.

Any house that was foolish enough to pawn an apple off on us had it returned in transmuted form as a dozen eggs.

As you know, Houston has a large hispanic population and most of them drive their kids to the richest neighborhoods and send them to the door with a grocery sack. They do not even bother with a costume. Can't afford one? As the kids hit the houses, they sit in the cars at the end of the street and drink beer.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 10:09 am:   

Muskogee, here's one for your psychiatric profile of me. As kids, we would try to visit every neighborhood in town. Fill up a grocery bag, then run home and empty the candy, and go right back out. Sometimes we wound up with 4 or 5 bags full. We had candy til almost Spring. Sometimes the residents would invite you in and get you to perform something for them. That was a pain--it took time away from getting more goodies!

Warren

Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 11:20 am:   

I would have performed something for them!

Etphoto
Username: Etphoto

Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 12:09 pm:   

I remember - as a child - sending my younger brother (he was probably 5 or 6 at the time) and his friend out several weeks before Halloween going door to door; trick or treat. A few would send them away but most would feel sorry for them and give them something. Of course, they had to share it with me and my buddies when they got back.

ET

Jim_t

Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 4:52 pm:   

I remmember getting lots of candy and coming home my parents would complain about all the candy, cavities, and other things etc., the usual guilt trip. The kids nowdays descend on the homes like a swarm of locusts. I like to watch the youngest ones who dont really know what to do.

Vallejo_dave

Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 5:26 pm:   

LOL ET and Jim--you reminded me that we too, as youngsters, would go out a week before Halloween, seeking candy. Could you imagine that today?---Heightened security to code red---ghouls and strangers in your neighborhood, knocking on doors, trying to get sweets?

Jim_t

Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 6:46 pm:   

Ten years ago I went out with my freinds kids trick or treating, they were obsesive/complusive going all nite long knocking on doors with the lites out, taunting each other and running thru bushes flowers etc. It was cold, my nose was running, I was shivering as I sat in the car watching the kids terrorise the neighborhood.

Deoxys
Username: Deoxys

Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 8:26 pm:   

Do y'all remember the year that trick or treating was almost universally cancelled because some nitwit was putting cyanide in Tylenol capsules? It was, therefore, logical to presume that most of our neighbors were waiting to poison our kids with cyanide and hiding razor blades in their apples (which kids are highly unlikely to eat anyway...).

Somehow, I managed to take my kids out for trick or treating tonight and had a great time. Kids were giddy, neighbors connected, police were extraordinarily friendly (and I wasn't even wearing my pimp costume). Aside from Christmas, Halloween is my favorite holiday.

Jim_t

Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 10:14 pm:   

The holiday that people spend the 2nd most money on is Halloween.

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 12:16 am:   

Razor blades and poison being so expensive nowadays. Heck, I shaved for six months on the stuff my kids used to bring home!

Anonymous

Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 7:56 am:   

Deoxys- the guy put the cyanide in his own son's Pixie Stix. Name was O'Bryan and happened in the 70's here in Houston. All to collect insurance proceeds. It absolutely destroyed Halloween in Houston for many years. Hardly any kids would trick or treat. He was set to be executed on Halloween one year, but I think they stopped that. He was ultimately executed.

Warren

Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 7:58 am:   

What - now I'm Anonymous?

Deoxys
Username: Deoxys

Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 9:10 am:   

Thanks, Anon., but I was actually thinking of this 1982 case in the Chicago area, which inspired a host of copycats and false alarms:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/w/x/wxk116/tylen ol/

Anyone remember anthrax? One nitwit apparently found a way to exploit it for nefarious purposes but it caused people across the country to be afraid of opening their mail for months.

My point is that ever since this happened, Halloween has become a holiday to protect children from. My local news was chock full of stories about parents taking their kids to trick or treat at malls to protect them from their neighbors and probation officers monitoring sex offenders to make sure they remain at home on Halloween. I'm not naive but I think it is a sad commentary on society that we teach our kids to mistrust everyone these days. When this happens to Christmas, I'm packing up my stuff and moving to France.

Warren, my buddy BC apparently has an alter personality named "Anonymous". Could this be the problem?

Ed_neil
Username: Ed_neil

Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 12:18 pm:   

De, the problem is that there are so many people for women and children to mistrust. According to the article, "The Sex Offender Next Door" (Good Housekeeping, May 2005, pp. 192-195, 254), in 2003, California had over 100,000 convicted sex offenders with 30%-40% of them unregistered; that means that roughly 0.25% or 1/400th of California's population is either a rapist or a pedophile. Those numbers should be enough to terrify anyone! And "convicted sex offender" means only those who have been caught. God only knows how many more are out there...

Warren

Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 1:35 pm:   

Well, is it their fault if you put an uncovered piece of meat outside? BTW, does Islam celebrate Halloween?

Douglas_oswell

Posted on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 2:18 pm:   

One in 400 doesn't seem like a lot, but in real-world terms it's almost intolerable. By comparison, mass murder is almost nonexistent.

Muskogee
Username: Muskogee

Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 11:44 am:   

Dave said:

"...trick or treaters were coming here, and I didn't have candy, so I gave them books for a treat."

now THAT'S geeky! Cool, but geeky!

When I lived in the Richmond, CA area, the majority of the kids showed up without costumes and demanded, "Gimme some candy!" My usual inclination to ask, "Where the &$^%'s your costume?!" was overridden by a desire to remain free of bullet holes.

This year, I had one kiddie (about 3-years-old) try to come in and explore my house, for some reason.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration