Two unsovled child homicides Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Zodiackiller.com Message Board » General Discussion » Crimes » Two unsovled child homicides « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Etphoto
Username: Etphoto

Posted on Tuesday, December 26, 2006 - 3:44 pm:   

I checked with Tom and he told me it was okay if I used his message board fans as an extra set of eyes. Someone else looking over my case to see if they could come up with ideas that I failed to consider. First, all the facts I'm going to give out are public record. Meaning, others outside the case already had a peek. I will change the names, dates and locations. All I'm looking for is a little imput, contructive critism, so to speak.

Mid 2000, a young pregnant mother (Ann) was living with her boyfriend (Sam) and her mother (Paula). Ann was the mother of a 14 month old child (Child 1) and only 17 at the time. By all accounts a terrible mother. Paula was a drunk and I first met Paula and Ann years before during many of their family arguements they had. During those troubled times I treated Ann fairly and for that I've always felt she trusted me in my position as a cop. Sam, I didn't know.

In June of 2000 Ann and Sam were sleeping on the living room floor of Paula's one bedroom apartment. Paula had temporary custody of Child 1. Paula left early (6 AM) but before leaving gave Child 1 a bottle. She woke a groggy Ann as she was leaving to tell her Child 1 had a bottle and was in bed (in Paula's bedroom). She added that Sam was getting up and walking into the bathroom door as she was leaving for work. About two hours later police recieved a 911 call to report that child 1 was dead.

Ann reports she woke sometime after her mother (Paula) left for work. She went in to check on Child 1 and noticed she was gone. She then ran out of the bedroom waking Sam that was still sleeping on the living room floor. She then ran out of the apartment assuming child 1 wondered off. Sam went into the bedroom and found child 1 wedged between Paula's bed (Child 1 slept in a crib) and the wall. He pulled her out and alerted Ann. Ann called 911 because child 1 was not breathing. Paula later reported to police that Child 1 enjoyed using her (Paula's) bed as a trampoline and often the bed (on wheels) would move from the wall when she jumped on it. The original investigator interviewed Paula, Ann and Sam and supplied the information to the county coroner and the death was ruled an accident.

At the time of Child 1's death Ann was pregnant with child 2. Child 1's father was not in the picture. Sam was the father of Child 2. After Child 1's death both Ann and Sam moved out and moved in with Sam's mom (Beth). 1 week after Child 2 was born she was sleeping in her crib in Sam and Ann's room (October of 2000). Sometime during the night Sam was woken by Child 2 crying. He nudge Ann and Ann instructed him get up and care for Child 2. He got up and held the child. Layed down in the bed with child 2 still in his arms (so he reports) and fell asleep. Their bed consisted of only a mattress and box springs sitting on the floor (they slep less then two feet from the floor). In the morning Beth walked into the bedroom and looked in the crib. Child 2 was not there and called out to the sleeping Ann and Sam asking where the child was. She then noticed child 2 face down in a small pile of clothes next to where Sam slept. The child was dead. Coroner disovered obsolutely no injuries or reason for child 2' death. Too young for SIDS. And since there was no detectible reason for the death he ruled it a homicide claiming someone must have purposely smothered the infant. An infant is too young and not strong enough to put up a fight so very little effort would be needed to smother it and since there would be no resistance no bruising or injuries would occur. Since both Child 1 and Child 2 died at the hands of the same two people within a 4 month period. The coroner reopened Child 1's death and ruled that a homicide as well. I was then assigned to the cases.

The first person I formally interviewed (Responding officers interviewed all parties when the report was first received) was Sam. He claims he layed on his back facing the ceiling. Child 2 was in his left arm next to the side of the bed. He surmised he must have fallen asleep and the child must have rolled out of his arms (coroner ruled the child was too young to roll). He has no explanation why the child died. He failed a CVSA (Computer Voice Stress Analogy) which is similar to a polygraph. A CVSA is the current method used by most police departments. . . bla . bla. bla..
Because he failed the CVSA the interview became more accusatory he became angry and walked out (since he was not under arrest he was permitted to leave). Ann claims she went to sleep and when she woke Child 2 was dead. She passed a CVSA.

I purposely left things out of the cases. Ask away. Try to keep the question limit to no more than three to start off.

ET

Yarbchris
Username: Yarbchris

Posted on Tuesday, December 26, 2006 - 5:02 pm:   

I don't know what laws apply here and I'm no cop, but the words "gross negligence" come to mind in both cases. I wouldn't rule out intentional homicide, but it seems that would be damn hard to prove with the given info. Given that Paula had temporary custody of Child 1 makes it all the more difficult. The common denominator in both cases is "Sam" discovering the bodies in both cases. I know I'm not saying anything you don't already know. These days it appears parents abandon their kids without even leaving the house. This story tears my guts out.

Questions:

Has Sam been in any other relationships where children were involved?

If so, were there any reports or witnesses of abuse or neglect?

Etphoto

Posted on Tuesday, December 26, 2006 - 5:37 pm:   

Good questions Yarbchris.

Sam has been in no other relationships that I could uncover. To throw you a curveball, he has no criminal record including nothing of violence.

As far as the gross negligence there is no such law (that I know of) in my State. The coroner ruled them homicides, meaning their young lives were taken by another human.

Another point I should have pointed out (The case jacket is very thick so there is no way I could spell everything out) the case has been presented to the Grand Jury with Sam being the main target. I was happy no indicitements were returned because we would have never got a conviction.

ET

L2829tad
Username: L2829tad

Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 6:27 pm:   

A 14 month old useing a bed as a trampoline? I don't think their legs are strong enough.......thardu..........

Etphoto

Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 6:31 pm:   

Depends on the 14 month old thardu. I wouldn't think child 1 was doing anything like back flips but what kid hasn't played/jumped on a bed before? That was a point in the case I didn't question when Paula told me child 1 jumped on the bed.

These questions you guys ask are helping. Its making me think which is what I'm trying to do here. :-)

ET

L2829tad

Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 6:54 pm:   

Also, if the bed was on wheels how could the child become "wedged" between the bed and wall? I would seem the bed would just move further from the wall........thardu...........

Hawk
Username: Hawk

Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 12:35 am:   

Child 2:

1. Too young for SIDS is like saying men don't wear 3 sets of clothing on a hot 4th of july, but it does happen.

2. Do the parents work in any medical field? Even for a veterinarian where they can have access to Succinylcholine? This drug won't show up in a toxicology.

3. You said "Mid 2000" on child 1. Let's assume you mean June? Now, add 4 months to that and your into October. It gets cold in October. So, could the baby have died as a result of some type of exsposure do to cold?

4. Was there any signs of Petechial Hemmoraging around the eyelids where the father may have accidentally rolled over on the baby and suffocating it?

Child 1:

1. If the childs neck was not broken and there was no bruise to the head but there was Petechial Hemmoraging around the eyes, then thats Murder-1 or 2. I'm assumming that this is a single person bed since it has wheels on it, thus the child could still cry and or scream loud enough to gain the attention of a parent or gaurdian in the next room.

Etphoto, as a brother Cincinnatian, may I suggest that you be more carefull what you say in the future. You leave yourself open to interpretation and people like me who can read between the lines can see right through you. I've been there and done that, and I know how you feel. It's just a suggestion.

Etphoto

Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 5:21 am:   

thardu, good question. furniture blocked the bed from rolling any further.

Hawk, I hear was you're saying. This story was covered on the evening news by Debra Nixon in a special story and nothing I'm saying here hasn't already been released. I consider this a public round table with people shooting me suggestions (questions) to consider. I'll reframe from giving my theories, an area where maybe I can get into trouble. There has been all kinds of TV shows that outlined unsolved cases asking the public for input (unsolved mystries for one) and I consider this to be the same thing.

Any injuries Child 1 had was consistant with being trapped between the wall and bed.

Child 2 had no petechial, parents had no medical field jobs. Ann had none and Sam was in construction and worked periodically. No exposure issues.

Warren
Username: Warren

Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 7:54 am:   

A strange question for you: Did they have any pets and what kind?

Etphoto

Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 8:15 am:   

No, no pets Warren.

ET

L2829tad

Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 6:31 pm:   

Were any DNA tests conducted to determine if Sam was indeed the father of child 2 ?......thardu......

Etphoto

Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 6:39 pm:   

Thardu,

No, we took their word for it. How would that be material?

ET

L2829tad

Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 11:04 am:   

One more question and I think I'll close this case for ya Etphoto.What color were Anns hair & eyes,Sams hair & eyes,and the childs hair and eyes?.........thardu..........

L2829tad

Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 11:32 am:   

Child 2..........

Etphoto

Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 12:58 pm:   

Okay Thardu, I'll play along. Both parents have brown hair and green eyes. The child had light brown hair and unknown eye color. I searched the case jacket and no where in there is child 2's eye color.

Et

Vallejo_dave
Username: Vallejo_dave

Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 6:33 pm:   

ET, phone home. What if the child # 2 had blue eyes? Can you expound on that?

Etphoto

Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 7:22 pm:   

Well, apparently this wasn't such a good idea. Thanks for listening anyway.

ET

Tom_voigt
Username: Tom_voigt

Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 7:30 pm:   

ET, I agree the reaction you've received here is a bit perplexing, but I'd hate to see you bail on this just yet...

L2829tad

Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 7:51 pm:   

Ok Etphoto,heres my theory FWIW,I only hope it helps.
Child 1..Sam is simply sick and tired of taking care of someone elses child.Moneys tight and besides,he has "his" child on the way.Mabey he gets the idea out of one of those child saftey books that Ann bought.(She's trying to be a better mother to regain custody)He just reverse engineers how to prevent childhood accidents into how to make a murder look like an accident.With Paula gone and Ann sleeping in another room,He takes the child from the crib,pulls the bed away from the wall,puts the child in standing up,so the mattress is level with the childs chest,and pushes on the other side preventing the child not only from breathing but also from crying out.(No air in the lungs,no scream)Murder #1..(Just a hunch but was the childs bottle found atop a tall dresser in the room where Sam set it after lifting the child out of the crib?).....

Child 2..Child 2 is born and all is well until Sam notices something strange.The child has brown eyes,or blue eyes,when both parents have green eyes!Sam thinks this is someone elses baby and he's not taking care of this one either.(Hes been watching too many "Who's the father" shows on Maury Povitch).And mabey he's not the father!!Well,hes done it before,he'll do it again,only this time no bed on wheels.My guess would be a plastic bag over the head.Too obvious so once the child has expired he removes the bag..Murder #2...

I'de exhume for DNA testing.....Just trying to think outside the pyramid Etphoto.Hope it helps............thardu..........

Deoxys
Username: Deoxys

Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 9:09 pm:   

A simple question but possibly relevant: Were Ann and particularly Sam, known to use drugs and/or alcohol? Were they tested after the death of Child 2? I ask because it seems that they had little trouble sleeping through these traumatic events happening to their children. Ann is described as "groggy" when woken up by her mother who, as a "drunk" herself, would probably have been quite accepting if Ann & Sam were using drugs or alcohol in the home.

The death of Child 1 does seem to me to likely be a horrific accident combined with completely neglectful parenting. The idea of one of the parents intentionally smothering (or otherwise killing) the child, stashing the body in the house and then returning to bed just doesn't seem reasonable.

A four month-old infant can easily be smothered by a sleeping adult- particularly one who is drunk or otherwise sedated. I've seen two cases of this in six years working in an emergency room. In one at least, the father who rolled over on the infant was intoxicated. I think it is entirely possible that Child 2 could have been smothered by Sam accidentally while sleeping in the bed, then been knocked out of bed when Sam repositioned himself during the night. If Sam recognized his negligence and attempted to alter his story of how he and the child were sleeping, it would account for the apparent deception indicated by the CVSA. The scenario would be made far more possible if Sam's level of conciousness was somehow altered by drugs, alcohol, prescription medication etc. Was Child 2 found directly by the bedside on Sam's side of the bed?

That's my two cents, anyway. I'm not sure how this scenario would fall under the law but it seems that parental neglect was at least partially responsible for both children's deaths.

L2829tad

Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 12:00 am:   

Vallejo dave, My thoughts exactly.I did'nt get to see a few posts because it took me about 4 hours to write my "theory",as I say,FWIW...Etphoto, Again just trying to help my friend.........Later........thardu..........

Etphoto

Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 6:06 am:   

thardu, your theory isn't far off from mine. Except, his motive for killing Child 2 was because the thought it was someone elses. My theory, and I said earlier I wouldn't give my theories <shrug> (and I have witness statements to support my theory) is with Ann being such a bad mother, he saw the writing on the wall that HE was going to be saddled for the next 18 years taking care of these (or at least his) kids so . . . after all, he was too young to be a father. So you and I thardu, are on the same track. The issue, the track doesn't lead anywhere.

Deoxys, I don't have the case jacket in front of me, but I believe Sam did admit to smoking weed the night before child 2 died. The fact that Sam rolled ontop of child 2 has been pushed around and discussed by us several times. Sam claims he was laying in the same position when he woke (on his back facing the ceiling very close to the side of the bed) as he was when he went to bed holding the baby. Using your theory, I'd have to dismiss the witness statements that help me form my theory on the case. Furthermore, I'd have to believe that this poor family had two children die within a 4 month period. Oh, and I guess I should have mentioned. No one that we talked within both families (except Sam's mom, surprise) thinks they were accidents.

See, I hate these types of cases. Very little evidence. Give me an old fashion burglary were there is usually evidence all of the place. I'm working a rape case now where, starting when she was 7, a 13 year old female reported her step dad repeatedly raped her over a 5 year old period. There is NEVER evidence in these cases. Its always the kids word against the suspects. Anyway, I digress . . . both Deoxys and thardu have good theories. Both have been explored.

One more thing. There is one family member that this case is really bugging. Personally, without a confession, I think it is unsolvable. Yet, this family member calls me about 3 times every two years asking if any new developements have surfaced in the case. We usually have a lengthly conversation on the phone and I hate telling her, no, nothing new. That is how I cooked up this idea about posting it on this message board. Anyway, thanks for showing interest.

ET

L2829tad

Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 7:11 am:   

ET, I agree.Even if my or any other theory is dead bang right on,their still only theories.No evidence,no confession,no conviction.SAD..Those innocent children.......PEACE.......thardu........
P.S. Please omit my blurb about Ann wanting to win back custody as there were no custody issues at the time.Got my timeline confused..........

L2829tad

Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 7:18 am:   

P.S.S.
I think this was a great idea ET.Perhaps we should start a cold case think tank thread..Whoooa,say that fast three times......

L2829tad

Posted on Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 5:28 pm:   

Deoxys, As always, Brilliant thinking...But as most often is the outcome....We'll never know..... HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL......TAD........

Sandy
Username: Sandy

Posted on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 9:26 pm:   

ET, I have had 5 children who all started to walk between 12 and 14 months. I just don't think that at 14 months a child would be able to jump up and down on a bed like a trampoline. Not only that, but when my children were old enough to do that, they would only do it when the other children were around. I find it very hard to believe this child finished the bottle and decided to try to jump on the bed. Even in a crib they hold on to the railing and bounce, but not jump at 14 mos. My guess is grandma lied about giving the baby a bottle, because the baby was already dead. She didn't want anyone to go to that room right away so she would have her alibi. Drunks don't make good grany's or mothers. One poster wrote that the other baby was 4 months old ? Another said that was too young to roll over ? Hog wash, they start to roll about 3 months, but if the baby is on a soft mattress and on its side, even a younger baby can roll. At 4 months they have enough strength to turn their heads for air if they are on their tummies, unless the baby was a preemie. I have never heard of too young for SIDS, but I have heard too old. My granddaughter was 2 weeks old when she stopped breathing, she was turning blue when I got her to start breathing again. They are never too young to stop breathing on their own. I hope these two people find a better way of birth control.

Etphoto

Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 7:09 am:   

Sandy, thanks for the input. Child 2 was 1 week old and not 4 months. She was unable to roll.

I realize your knowledge of the case is limited to what information I posted. But, you indicated grandma lied about the 14 month old jumps on the bed. Interesting. What evidence is there that she lied? No one in the family, including the child's mother, told me that the child did not jump on the bed while playing. Child 1's natural father and grandmother (on the father's side - both hasn't been mentioned yet) did not tell me child 1 was not capable of jumping on the bed. There is just no evidence child #1's grandmother that fed the child before leaving for work killed child 1. Furthermore, if that was the case, I would have to believe grandma killed child 1 and then someone else killed child 2. A family with two murders in it. A pretty good leap (a leap made without any evidence).

ET

Breakout
Username: Breakout

Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 8:15 am:   

Like Sandy, I find the grandmother to be a little fishy. Why would someone note that another person is going to the bathroom to someone who is mostly asleep? To me, that says, grandma is planting seeds to reap a good alibi. Same thing with the bottle. I would ask, did mom or dad hear the baby prior to the report that grandma gave it a bottle, because I can't see drunk grandma waking up a baby to feed it. You are inviting a crying spell.

However, what shakes up everything is that dad killed (either accidentally or not) the 2nd baby. So that makes us say, hey, he killed one so he may have killed two.

Lastly, the saddest part is that there are 2 dead children. The pitiful kids were born into some very bad circumstances and the odds were against them from the beginning. There are so many more out there just like these. Let's all have a new years resolution to be kind to those who are in need and try to make a difference in this beautiful (to some) yet cold (to others) world.

Breakout

Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 8:21 am:   

One follow-up. Did Ann or Sam work anywhere, and if so what were their work schedules around the times of these deaths?

Breakout

Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 8:30 am:   

ET, just read back and saw where you answered my question. Was Sam due to work on the morning that Child 1 died? That's the only reason I could see why the grandmother would have noted his use of the bathroom to Ann.

Etphoto

Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 2:40 pm:   

Grandma was interviewed by the police and questioned as to what she did every minute that morning. The fact that Sam got up to go to the bathroom was in response to a question. Not volunteered.

Sam worked as a roofer and when ever the place he worked for needed help. His job was not steady. (go figure) He had a doctor's appointment that morning (one he missed several times).

Sam did not deny (an obvious question) the police were going to ask) that he used the restroom when grandma was leaving.

It seems everyone is willing to indict grandma. Okay, fine. I just need evidence. Remember, Sam found baby one dead in a room the Ann had already checked. Baby one was stuffed down between the wall and bed and the bed was only inches from the wall. The average person would call out for the child and if she didn't answer, search elsewhere. The obvious place to look for the child is in the apartment building hallway Ann ran to check. Why did Sam search between the wall and bed when the bed was only inches from the wall? Why didn't he assist in the search in the most obvious place (in my opinion), the same place Ann ran too? Could it be he already knew where child 1 was?

ET

Yarbchris

Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 5:31 pm:   

The grandma (Paula) did have temporary custody of child1. Why didn't Ann have custody at the time?

Sandy
Username: Sandy

Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 5:32 pm:   

A one week old baby sleeps about 22 hrs out of 24. If they cry its because they are hungry, wet, gas bubble in their tummies, too hot or too cold. I find it hard to believe that this baby stopped crying as soon as "Daddy" put the baby in his arms in bed, with out a feeding at the least. As for the 14 mo.old I stick to the idea that at that age they can barley walk with out falling down. It takes some balance to stand on a bed at that age let alone jump. The parents didn't take care of this child, who were they to say that the 14 mo old didn't jump on the bed ? I don't think that they would disbelieve grandma. If daddy dearest did it, he would have to say the child has jumped on the bed,how else could he explain how the child was found ? And as for friends, I can't think of any that ever saw any of my children jump up and down on a bed. Which one had a motive ? Granny had to work and take care of child no.1, at 14 mo. the child would have been still teething,they cry more then. Drunks don't like to be woken up after they pass out, some are very mean. If granny didn't do it then, step Daddy had the opportunity, mommy was still asleep and there wasn't anyone else in the house. The motive would be he didn't like this little girl because she was a problem, and wasn't his ? You would think that if he didn't like children, why would he hook up with a woman who had one. Child molesters do, but the police must have checked for that. He looks pretty guilty for at least child 2.and because he went to the bedroom, instead of looking where mommy dearest went looking is suspicious.

Etphoto

Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 7:11 pm:   

thats what I need, people thinking, throwing questions.

Chris, as I stated in my first post, Ann was a very bad mom. Very young. Grandma (Paula) had temp custody. Nothing granted by the courts. Just Ann (no job) and zero parenting skills, let grandma care for the kid.

Sam made comments to family members it was he who cared for child 1 when she was with him and Ann. He was very upset about that fact. Ann would make him get up at night and what ever else the kid needed he would have to do. One witness observed an arguement between Ann and Sam because Child 2's diaper needed changing they each wanted to go out and smoke a cig. They argued several minutes about who was going to change the diaper. Finally, the witness stepped forward and said screw it, I'll change the diaper. Anyone see a motive forming?

ET

Yarbchris

Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 7:40 pm:   

I see plenty of motive, but no proof of anything but serious neglect. I think you need something like logged ER visits or, at the very least, a witness to physical abuse. If the custody was not court ordered, then couldn't Sam and/or Ann be held responsible for neglect? Not a murder charge, but definitely better than letting it go completely.

Deoxys

Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 8:11 pm:   

ET,

One problem I have with indicting Sam here is why the hell would he leave Child 2's body lying next to the bed (on his side yet!) and go back to bed? This guy may be an irresponsible slacker and a lousy parent but he would have to be a TOTAL idiot (or otherwise impaired) to do that, IMO.

I mistakenly noted in my above post that a 4 month-old baby can easily be smothered by a sleeping parent. My bad- the baby was one WEEK old, which would make it even more susceptible to being smothered.

Here's an idea... re-interview Sam and see if he is being deceptive regarding the question of the child's positioning alone. Better yet... tell him that the coroner believes that the baby was positioned in a different manner and see if he changes his story. This is impossible to determine, of course, but Sam would almost surely not know that.

I think it is natural, by the way, for family members to have suspicions about the parents when two children of irresponsible parents die in a short period.

Etphoto

Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 5:01 am:   

Deoxys,

I'd have to check, but - shooting from the hip here - a parent rolling on top of a sleeping infant would leave evidence. For example, if the roll compressed the infant's chest, you should have Petechial. There just was nothing.

If cops would rely on the theory someone would be stupid to do (name it) the jails would be empty. That is an investigative theory I NEVER HOLD.

Re-interviewing Sam without any new developments isn't on my radar. He has been formally interviewed 4 times (informally, small talk, a few more). Not only has he been interviewed a number of times, investigators from different agencies had their shot at him.

ET

Deoxys

Posted on Friday, January 05, 2007 - 3:47 pm:   

Out of curiosity...

What types of homicide would leave no physical evidence on an infant?

I understand what you're saying,ET, but it is the locations where these children were "dumped" that just don't make sense to me if these were intentional homicides by a family member. Tough case- I don't envy your job...

I'd also be curious how the various family members reacted to finding the children or being informed of their deaths?

Etphoto

Posted on Saturday, January 06, 2007 - 7:38 am:   

Deoxys,

I think I mentioned in an earlier post that a 1 week one child is unable to fight back or even turn it's head against the slightest presure. All one would have to go is pinch the child's nose slightly and raise the chin to smother the child leaving no physical evidence.

The locations of the bodies don't make sense to you??? Just where is it are you going to "dump" a one week old after you smother it that isn't going to raise suspecion? The theory is Sam got away with the first death so he did the second one.

We have statements from at least one nurse that both Sam and Ann didn't "act" like normal parents with the death of child 1. I couldn't tell you how the other family members acted since we weren't around when they were notified.

My first homicide case was 22 years ago. It came out as a drowning and I was the first cop on the scene. The victim was a 4 year old and I noticed a woman standing next to the child asking squad members if she was going to be alright. I didn't know who the lady was but later found out it was the mother. My first reaction was "she didn't act like a mom who was witnessing her child's death". It turned out I was right. She drowned her child in 8 inches of water in the bathtub. I was a young cop then and didn't have expirence on how a parent should act in a situation like that. Because of that I put a lot of wieght into the nurse's statement. One who sees death a lot more than me.

ET

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration